I don't understand LSU's demise.....

rockydoc

Unlike UT they have excellant coordinators on both sides of the ball and good talent. Orgeon should be able to show up and do nothing on sideline and win.

Unlike UT they have excellant coordinators on both sides of the ball and good talent. Orgeon should be able to show up and do nothing on sideline and win.

To go from Cameron to Canada was a bigger job than it seemed. LSU has the best two coordinators in the country. The job O has in front of him was worse than what it seemed. Les was just that good of coach to avoid a debacle like they have now. Good thing for O is that his buyout is 12 million. He will be fine next year.

It is simple. They hired an ineffectual coach with borderline IQ.

When you have inept head coaching, this is what you get. Look at Saban. He can change coordinators every few years and still dominate. Because of him, the head coach. This should just show how important the head coaching position is.

Reactions: 1 person
Well for starters Les Miles Fulmered them . He stayed two years to long and most of there team they have now are young and they was missing there two best players last Saturday

Orgeron was terrible at Ole Miss. Why did LSU think this would be much different?

Probably because they hired a couple of high-priced coordinators who would concern themselves with the details of running an offense/defense, things that Coach O struggles with.

The thing that doesn't make much sense to me is that LSU simply isn't playing very hard right now. If there was one thing Coach O should be able to get his teams to do as a head coach, it should be play hard.

Also agree with the notion that Joe Alleva is one of the worst ADs in the country. He totally botched the Les Miles non-firing/eventual firing, then panicked when he didn't get Tom Herman and offered the job to Coach O with a massive buyout despite no other school being interested in him.

As best as I could tell, he conducted no actual coaching search, which boggles the mind when you're talking about the head football coach position at a major university. Herman was his only target, and when he missed on him he just handed the job to Coach O.

Orgeron was terrible at Ole Miss. Why did LSU think this would be much different?

Fooled by his somewhat impressive ability to rally reeling team after a coach is fired on 2 different occasions

But the stupid AD had no idea good choice for interim coach doesn't equal good long term head coach

Why he gave him anymore then a 2 mill buyout I will never understand

A $12,000,000 buyout is an awful lot for a temporary solution.

That's the component of his mistake I really don't understand. You targeted one guy (Herman), didn't get him, so you panicked and promoted your interim coach. Not a good decision and that's a mistake an AD at a school like that shouldn't make, but I see how it could occur.

What I don't get, however, is giving him that huge buyout. Who else was/is going to hire him (rhetorical question)? LSU is getting a relative deal on the annual salary, but his buyout is in excess of Butch's. The contract negotiation stage should have been a time to calm down, take your time, and get him to sign something that was a reflection of his market value.

LSU's contract with Orgeron is actually with his corporation. This is pretty common. What's not common is the name of Orgeron's corporation:

'O' the Rosy Finch Boyz, LLC.

So, if and when they have to fork over the money to get rid of Coach O, they will be writing a $12,000,000 check to the order of 'O' the Rosy Finch Boyz, LLC.

VN Store

Back