What you watching this weekend? [week 5]

VFL-82-JP

Bleedin' Orange...
We're starting to dive into conference play all across the Power 5 now. Still a couple of moderately interesting OOC games, as well.

Nothing compelling Thursday or Friday evenings (two ranked teams, #21 USF and #23 Utah, but both should be cake walks). So everything listed is on Saturday, and more than half of it is SEC play:

• noon - Vols host U Mass (SEC-N)
  • noon - Arkansas and A&M meet in Arlington (ESPN)
  • noon - #12 FSU hosts NC State (ABC) - FSU's first game since losing starting QB and falling to Bama

• 3:30 - #1 Bama visits Vandy (CBS) - may be the first time Vandy's ever been CBS' featured game!
  • 3:30 - #5 USCw goes to undfeated Cal in the PAC (ABC)
  • 3:30 - #6 Oklahoma St and #16 TCU square off in the B12
  • 3:30 - Duke and UNC start the annual North Carolina championship round robin (ESPN-U)

• 7:00 - #11 Georgia hosts #17 Miss St (ESPN)
  • 7:00 - #25 LSU hosts Syracuse of the ACC (ESPN-2)
  • 7:30 - #20 Florida visits Kentucky (SEC-N)
  • 7:30 - #15 Auburn goes to Mizzou (ESPN-U)
  • 10:00 - #7 Washington at Colorado (3-0), possible upset alert? (FS1)
  • 10:30 - UCLA visits Stanford in another PAC late game of the evening (ESPN)

Oddly (given that the NFL regular season has started), there is a Sunday college game...but it's just East Carolina and U Conn (noon, ESPN-U). Barely worth mentioning.

So once again, several games worth keeping at least one eye on, and as always they're stacked atop each other. Will definitely be using picture-in-picture all day.

How about you? See anything else good?

Last edited:
Can't wait for the most anticipated college football game at Ross-Ade in a LONG time! Go Boilers!

Can't wait for the most anticipated college football game at Ross-Ade in a LONG time! Go Boilers!

You think Purdue can give them a run for their money?

I considered including that game in the list, but got to thinking about Purdue post-Brees, and decided to leave it off to the side. Was I wrong to do that?

Back to work so I'm back to taping games to watch when I get home. Our game plays before I go in this week. I've got the Alabama/Vandy set right now, but may switch it to Okie St/TCU. I'm also recording MSU/Georgia. The late PAC game that intrigues me is one that you didn't mention. Washington is playing at Colorado on FS1 at 10 et.

Reactions: 1 person
Back to work so I'm back to taping games to watch when I get home. Our game plays before I go in this week. I've got the Alabama/Vandy set right now, but may switch it to Okie St/TCU. I'm also recording MSU/Georgia. The late PAC game that intrigues me is one that you didn't mention. Washington is playing at Colorado on FS1 at 10 et.

you're so old school...:p haven't heard that in a while!!!

**it'll be funnier if you're still using a VCR**

:)

We're starting to dive into conference play all across the Power 5 now. Still a couple of moderately interesting OOC games, as well.

Nothing compelling Thursday or Friday evenings (two ranked teams, #21 USF and #23 Utah, but both should be cake walks). So everything listed is on Saturday, and more than half of it is SEC play:

• noon - Vols host U Mass (SEC-N)
  • noon - Arkansas and A&M meet in Arlington (ESPN)
  • noon - #12 FSU hosts NC State (ABC) - FSU's first game since losing starting QB and falling to Bama

• 3:30 - #1 Bama visits Vandy (CBS) - may be the first time Vandy's ever been CBS' featured game!
  • 3:30 - #5 USCw goes to undfeated Cal in the PAC (ABC)
  • 3:30 - #6 Oklahoma St and #16 TCU square off in the B12
  • 3:30 - Duke and UNC start the annual North Carolina championship round robin (ESPN-U)

• 7:00 - #11 Georgia hosts #17 Miss St (ESPN)
  • 7:00 - #25 LSU hosts Syracuse of the ACC (ESPN-2)
  • 7:30 - #20 Florida visits Kentucky (SEC-N)
  • 7:30 - #15 Auburn goes to Mizzou (ESPN-U)
  • 10:30 - UCLA visits Stanford in the PAC late game of the evening (ESPN)

Oddly (given that the NFL regular season has started), there is a Sunday college game...but it's just East Carolina and U Conn (noon, ESPN-U). Barely worth mentioning.

So once again, several games worth keeping at least one eye on, and as always they're stacked atop each other. Will definitely be using picture-in-picture all day.

How about you? See anything else good?

those are the games i'll be paying the most attention to.

Oh yeah, I somehow missed that game. Colorado is 3-0, too. Not against great competition, but still. Upset alert?

Haha, I'm going to add that to the list in the OP. Thanks, MBRO!

Under the radar good day of games.

Obviously will be watching our game at boon. Will also keep a close eye on the FSU/NC State game. Want to see how the freshmen QB looks. Will try to watch bits of all 3 games at 3:30. They look good. And at 7pm I'll be watching the Georgia/Miss State game.

As usual, I'll be watching Bama, switching between Georgia and Florida, and probably catching the Washington game. Need Georgia, Florida, and Vandy to lose this weekend.

And the good guys, of course. Hate that it is at 11, I'm not a fan of early games.

You think Purdue can give them a run for their money?

I considered including that game in the list, but got to thinking about Purdue post-Brees, and decided to leave it off to the side. Was I wrong to do that?[/QUOT

It will be very interesting! Ross Ade is officially a sellout for the first time since '09 season. Boilers aren't there yet as they still have same main core as the past few years but Brohm has them playing with passion and they have bought into his staff 110%! They are a VERY exciting team to watch offensively and the D was dominate against Mizzou. I think they will give UM a scare but Michigan is just to deep. Brohm will have Boilers contending very soon in the B1G-W when he gets his type of players. Fans and players are on-board.

I'd LOVE to see Boilers pull off the shocker but I think UM wins 27-21

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back