Major Potential Job Openings Next Season (CFB)

Hoosier_Vol

Vol Stuck in B1G 10 Hell
Since we and other schools are ready to run our coaching staff out of town already who are the potential big jobs next season??

Tennessee
Arkansas
Texas A&M
Nebraska
Mizzou

Riley just signed an extension at Nebraska, he isn't going anywhere this season

Riley just signed an extension at Nebraska, he isn't going anywhere this season

Husker's AD after home loss to NIU

Nebraska AD Shawn Eichorst: "I'm angry. I'm frustrated. I'm disappointed. At the end of the day we have to stay together. " #Huskers

I think Florida has too many screw ups along the way. But maybe it shouldn't be listed. Or listed with an asterisk. Either Stoops or Mullen will take that job.

Also, as I said in a previous thread, we won't have an opening:

Butch loses to UGA and Bama. Gets fired, Shoop is sent packing. We promote Hoke to HC. He wins out. We hire him and get even worse than we are now. That's how Tennessee rolls

I'll still believe it when I see it that Jones is fired; 7-5 and he's back and I'm not convinced 6-6 doesn't buy him another year.

I'll still believe it when I see it that Jones is fired; 7-5 and he's back and I'm not convinced 6-6 doesn't buy him another year.

Agreed. Butch will be here next year if he wins more than 5 games unless he quits for another job with less stress.

UCLA
Ole Miss
Auburn
Florida
Tennessee
Arkansas
Texas A&M
Nebraska
Mizzou

6-6 he should be declining a bowl bid and turning his resignation in.

At 6-6 he'll be fired. I said before the season that he could survive 7-5 provided the losses were to Georgia Tech, Florida, Georgia, Alabama, and LSU.

We know now that 7-5 would not include a loss to Tech, and would likely be a loss to a Kentucky, South Carolina, or Vandy, which is much more difficult to withstand. I think a loss to one of those schools might seal his fate and it would be hard to argue against it. It would mean that not only are we not beating our major rivals (which is bad enough) but we are struggling with teams we are always supposed to beat for the second year in a row.

At 6-6 he'll be fired. I said before the season that he could survive 7-5 provided the losses were to Georgia Tech, Florida, Georgia, Alabama, and LSU.

We know now that 7-5 would not include a loss to Tech, and would likely be a loss to a Kentucky, South Carolina, or Vandy, which is much more difficult to withstand. I think a loss to one of those schools might seal his fate and it would be hard to argue against it. It would mean that not only are we not beating our major rivals (which is bad enough) but we are struggling with teams we are always supposed to beat for the second year in a row.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the UK loss kinda cement Dooleys end? Would be odd if a loss to UK helped see the end of Butch as well.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the UK loss kinda cement Dooleys end? Would be odd if a loss to UK helped see the end of Butch as well.

If we lose to UK. Then I could see us only beating mizzou this year. And he would absolutely be gone.

There was heavy talk that after that game Dooley tried to resign but Hart talked him out of it.

If any loss "cemented" Dooley's end, it would be Missouri the next year. Blew a big lead, then had the ball to drive for a winning FG and played for OT (loudest booing I've heard in Neyland), then lost it in OT.

But then again, depending on who you talk to, the Vandy game officially did it, because there was plenty of talk that had we upset Vandy (I hate saying we had to upset them) that Hart would have brought him back because that would have put us on track for 6-6.

Reactions: 1 person

More or less. They called it the Pink Slip Bowl. Good news: we won. Bad news: more Joker.

Reactions: 2 people
I want Fuente, but I'd argue top 30 at the trash hole known as Starkville would equate to top ten in a real program

Yup. No matter who the coach is, MSU isn't going to pull in top recruiting classes. The guy does WAY more with less than most coaches could.

Yup. No matter who the coach is, MSU isn't going to pull in top recruiting classes. The guy does WAY more with less than most coaches could.

Could you imgine what Mullen would do here with our recruiting budget and pipelines? Maybe Currie will look into him at the end of the season. Although I doubt it. If a coaching change is made, Currie will probably get yet another mid level MAC coach.

Lol

UT will be the last to fire and hire

The Admin will still be getting a panel together to discuss a list after all the other schools have filled their positions

Could you imgine what Mullen would do here with our recruiting budget and pipelines? Maybe Currie will look into him at the end of the season. Although I doubt it. If a coaching change is made, Currie will probably get yet another mid level MAC coach.

We'd be a lock for at least 10 wins pretty much every year. He'd win the East by year 2, if not the first year.

VN Store

Back