Tony Romo.... Coach?

Hairy Vols

Did anyone watch his first game in the booth? I've never seen someone who understands defense and offense more than him.

He was literally predicting plays on both sides before they would happen. It was so fun to listen to him. I felt like I was getting coached/educated as the game went along.

So I had a fun question that I randomly came up with last night, which I must note, is clearly fun and speculation because he's never been a coach or even entertained the idea.... Nor do I think he would want to.

But how do you guys think he would do as a QB coach, O-Cord, and in a Head Coaching spot after gaining experience?... also do you think he would be a good recruit given his name flash?

Not relating this to here, but I thought this would be a fun conversation to speculate with.... tell me what you think??

Edit: I put this here because I'm entertaining the idea as if he wanted to coach in college, not the NFL.

I saw a little bit of the Patriots/Saints game yesterday (trying to watch Alvin) and I have to agree. Tony Romo is very impressive in the announcers booth. He's easily the best color commentary guy I've seen and he's only done 2 games so far.

This might be the first time I'll be picking games to watch based on who is announcing. He is must watch TV right now.

I saw a little bit of the Patriots/Saints game yesterday (trying to watch Alvin) and I have to agree. Tony Romo is very impressive in the announcers booth. He's easily the best color commentary guy I've seen and he's only done 2 games so far.

This might be the first time I'll be picking games to watch based on who is announcing. He is must watch TV right now.

He really is like a savant in the booth. His football IQ could be higher than anyone I can think of, I'd like to get him and Manning in a room talking plays and football!!!

Dallas might want him back at QB, from what Jason Garrett is saying about Prescott

I agree he has shocked me how well he's announcing. Much better than listening to Joe Buck.

The crazy thing is he basically got hired from talking to CBS execs at a Super Bowl party and they were blown away with his potential. Always be networking people.

VN Store

Back