LSU is getting rolled

Volanta

by an unranked Miss State team. KY (for now) is surprisingly beating USCe.....if we play like we should and coach like we should then maybe we can still win the east.

Wishful thinking or reality?

It's a long season with lots of football left to be played. Anything is possible. One game does not define how the rest of the season will go

And people were dissing Mullen on here 2 days ago. Lol, I would give my left one for Mullen right now.

Honestly, UT pulling that game off in OT would not have given me more hope for this being a good team. However, to look at it from that side of things, UT has always played UGA close and LSU looks like fecal matter. Kentucky is still Kentucky and UT can out talent SCjr.
However, Butch can't beat Muschamp and Vandy scares me.

After losing to Florida even winning the east would be hollow...if by some miracle it happened. And it won't anyway. Yay...we get to be lambasted and humiliated by Bama not once but TWICE in one year. Yeah...let's root for THAT.

It's a long season with lots of football left to be played. Anything is possible. One game does not define how the rest of the season will go

Yes it does. The Florida game defines the season and Butch choked it away. It doesn't matter what happens here on out. THIS GAME defined the 2017 Vols..and they blew it.

by an unranked Miss State team. KY (for now) is surprisingly beating USCe.....if we play like we should and coach like we should then maybe we can still win the east.

Yeah Right, if you have actually watched Butch at UT you should know that this team is for sure going to lost to ALA and LSU, he has a bad history against SCAR and Vandy and UK Has improved.

That reality.

Florida is beatable.

We will get he help.

We need to handle our own business.

It's not about opponent X. It's a Vol problem.

Honestly, UT pulling that game off in OT would not have given me more hope for this being a good team. However, to look at it from that side of things, UT has always played UGA close and LSU looks like fecal matter. Kentucky is still Kentucky and UT can out talent SCjr.
However, Butch can't beat Muschamp and Vandy scares me.

You know good and well Lyle isn't beating LSU.

There is lots of games left in the season. Many teams are not doing as well as they should. This is looking like it is going to be similar to last season where upsets will be common as the year progresses.

I believe there are a couple of things happening:

- Parity among the teams. Anyone can lose on any night.
- Schools are changing coaches at the drop of a hat trying to find a quick fix while other schools are exhibiting patience which is paying off.

The SEC east will not be won or lost with one game.

There is lots of games left in the season. Many teams are not doing as well as they should. This is looking like it is going to be similar to last season where upsets will be common as the year progresses.

I believe there are a couple of things happening:

- Parity among the teams. Anyone can lose on any night.
- Schools are changing coaches at the drop of a hat trying to find a quick fix while other schools are exhibiting patience which is paying off.

The SEC east will not be won or lost with one game.

False, that one game is the difference between going to ATL and not, TN is not bearing BAMA so that is 2 conference losses, So if TN beats UGA and then they run the table which is likely then a 1 loss UGA team gets to go, where as if we beat UF and took care of business then the ALABAMA loss isn't that big of a deal because we can worry about H2H record against UGA

Very unlikely because Butch has proven he has a terrible win % against ranked opponents or very seldom wins the big game (6-16) against ranked teams while at TN.

Probably a crap-shoot with TN finishing 3rd,4th or 5th in the East. Most likely East winners with what I've seen after 3 weeks would be GA or UK followed by Vandy & FL. If UK closes out USCjr tonight I think they beat FL next week.

Hard to believe LSU hired a coach with a proven losing record in 3 years with Ole Miss.

GO VOLS!!! (Get Chip Kelly while he's available)

Last edited:
Butch should stay home on Game day and we should hire a game day coach. Let Butch recruit, that's it.

VN Store

Back