Sherion Jones first game as a former Vol

FBtime

Reactions: 16 people
Wish Sheriron the best. Natural leader. Hope he shines.

One of the few players who transferred to another school that I would be very comfortable calling a VFL.

Reactions: 10 people
I disagree with most of you. He left the team. Twice. That is twice as many times as the much disliked Hurd. Is peterman a vfl? Is hurd?

And yes I know all about what he did during the VT game. Trust me. Look at my location. Blacksburg Va. No one wanted to beat tech more than I. But he quit on UT. Twice.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
I disagree with most of you. He left the team. Twice. That is twice as many times as the much disliked Hurd. Is peterman a vfl? Is hurd?

And yes I know all about what he did during the VT game. Trust me. Look at my location. Blacksburg Va. No one wanted to beat tech more than I. But he quit on UT. Twice.

Well... A third stringer with his talent had no business sitting on our bench for 4 years. Had no business being allowed to compete as our starter (sarcasm).

Reactions: 4 people

leaving is a lot different than quitting in this situation imo. Hurd quit on the team. He was a multi year starter had the potential to be one of the all time leaders in rushing at UT. He quit on the sidelines he quit being a teammate he quit being a contributer. Sherion is the opposite. He never saw the field. He never got the opportunity to contribute~ yet he never quit being a teamate on the sidelines he never went toxic or premo. Was honest with coaches and team and in the end left with grace and dignity.

Reactions: 16 people

Huuuuge difference between transferring after the season than actually quitting on your team mid-season like Hurd did. No comparison whatsoever.

Reactions: 10 people

Preston Williams was a quitter too

Reactions: 2 people

How can anyone be a VFL once you decide for yourself you are no longer a Vol I'm sure that if anyone were to ask him he would say that he is no longer a Vol.

How can anyone be a VFL once you decide for yourself you are no longer a Vol I'm sure that if anyone were to ask him he would say that he is no longer a Vol.

You just want him to be a career back up, and not get a chance to do what he wants to do in life? He left UT cause he was never going to see the field. End of discussion. It didn't hurt us and it was the best thing for him. He'd probably tell you he wishes he was still at UT, but circumstances, like having 2 (maybe even 3) better quarterbacks on the roster, prevented that.

It's not even close to the situation of Hurd or Williams. Hell it ain't even the same thing as peterman, atleast he would've been the back up. But you want this man to go his entire college career as a back up's back up? Come on man be happy for someone trying to do something with his life. I'm all for calling quitters quitters, but this was a smart life move and the only option he had if he ever wanted to play QB in college.

Reactions: 4 people
Technically..no.

Technically yes if he still views himself that way. No one has the authority to give or take away a VFL card. It's up to the individual, and you have as much knowledge as I do on what Jones thinks about his VFL card. Which is none.

can't blame a kid for realizing he might need another place to play. Completely different than Hurds quitting and drama.

He has to do what is best for him. Wish he were still here but don't blame him for going for the opportunity. Life is short and I wish him well.

You just want him to be a career back up, and not get a chance to do what he wants to do in life? He left UT cause he was never going to see the field. End of discussion. It didn't hurt us and it was the best thing for him. He'd probably tell you he wishes he was still at UT, but circumstances, like having 2 (maybe even 3) better quarterbacks on the roster, prevented that.

It's not even close to the situation of Hurd or Williams. Hell it ain't even the same thing as peterman, atleast he would've been the back up. But you want this man to go his entire college career as a back up's back up? Come on man be happy for someone trying to do something with his life. I'm all for calling quitters quitters, but this was a smart life move and the only option he had if he ever wanted to play QB in college.

While I agree with you, a lot of people here have bashed kids who transfer.

N Peterman
R Ferguson
P Williams
V Wharton

That's just 4 and i don't recall many people saying they're VFLs once they decided they didn't want to stick around. Lots of, "cant handle competition" "Got recruited over" etc. It's selective VFL status for transfers I guess

Reactions: 1 person
While I agree with you, a lot of people here have bashed kids who transfer.

N Peterman
R Ferguson
P Williams
V Wharton

That's just 4 and i don't recall many people saying they're VFLs once they decided they didn't want to stick around. Lots of, "cant handle competition" "Got recruited over" etc. It's selective VFL status for transfers I guess

Peterman is different because he left UT with a degree.

VN Store

Back