What you watching this weekend? [week 4]

VFL-82-JP

Bleedin' Orange...
Turns out our game against the Gators (3:30, cbs, subject to change) is one of the two best matches of the weekend. The other is Clemson-Louisville.

Because of the ongoing hurricane recovery, some of these games could change location, time, or even date. But for now, here's what elso I'm looking forward to this coming weekend:

Friday:
  • 7 pm - Illinois (B10) at #22 USF (ESPN)
Not a super game, but it seems the best of the evening. Pits a Power 5 program (weak as it is) against the only ranked Group of 5 entry. This is USF's only game of the regular season against the Power 5.

Saturday:
  • 11 am - #9 Oklahoma St (B12) at Pitt (ACC) (ESPN) (only decent P5 vs P5 early game)
  • 3:30 pm - #23 Vols at #24 Gators (CBS)
  • 4:30 pm - Army takes the triple option to #8 Ohio State (FOX) (catch tail end of this one)
  • 7:00 pm - #12 LSU visits Mississippi State (ESPN)
  • 7:30 pm - Vandy hosts #18 Kansas State (ESPN-U)
  • 7:30 pm - Kentucky travels to South Carolina in an SEC-E match (SEC-N)
  • 8:00 pm - #3 Clemson at #14 Louisville in a big ACC showdown (ABC)
  • 8:30 pm - Texas visits #4 USC, a rematch of the '06 Rose Bowl/BCS Championship (FOX)
Another week of good games stacked upon each other, particularly in the 7pm-11pm time window.

How about you? See anything else interesting this weekend?

Go Vols!

[note: all times are Eastern]

Turns out our game against the Gators (3:30, cbs, subject to change) is one of the two best matches of the weekend. The other is Clemson-Louisville.

Because of the ongoing hurricane recovery, some of these games could change location, time, or even date. But for now, here's what elso I'm looking forward to this coming weekend:

Friday:
  • 7 pm - Illinois (B10) at #22 USF (ESPN)
Not a super game, but it seems the best of the evening. Pits a Power 5 program (weak as it is) against the only ranked Group of 5 entry. This is USF's only game of the regular season against the Power 5.

Saturday:
  • 11 am - #9 Oklahoma St (B12) at Pitt (ACC) (ESPN) (only decent P5 vs P5 early game)
  • 3:30 pm - #23 Vols at #24 Gators (CBS)
  • 4:30 pm - Army takes the triple option to #8 Ohio State (FOX) (catch tail end of this one)
  • 7:00 pm - #12 LSU visits Mississippi State (ESPN)
  • 7:30 pm - Vandy hosts #18 Kansas State (ESPN-U)
  • 7:30 pm - Kentucky travels to South Carolina in an SEC-E match (SEC-N)
  • 8:00 pm - #3 Clemson at #14 Louisville in a big ACC showdown (ABC)
  • 8:30 pm - Texas visits #4 USC, a rematch of the '06 Rose Bowl/BCS Championship (FOX)
Another week of good games stacked upon each other, particularly in the 7pm-11pm time window.

How about you? See anything else interesting this weekend?

Go Vols!

[note: all times are Eastern]

hm...that KY/USCe game is a huge game really. and i'm interested to see Fitzgerald against a real team. hoping MSU has something for them. and it's probably too much to ask that the Clemson/L'ville game be as good as last year's game....but i'll keep an eye on that one too.

of course, my interest level will likely be dictated by how our game turns out.....GBO.

hm...that KY/USCe game is a huge game really. and i'm interested to see Fitzgerald against a real team. hoping MSU has something for them. and it's probably too much to ask that the Clemson/L'ville game be as good as last year's game....but i'll keep an eye on that one too.

of course, my interest level will likely be dictated by how our game turns out.....GBO.

Yeah, heh, we win and it'll probably be too much dancing and drinking to watch the other games too closely.

We lose, and the TV might be broken. So there's that.

:)

oh we win, and i'll be tuned in all night, happy as a clown. we lose, and i'm watching a movie with my girls.

I took Saturday off so no Kesling for me this week :). As far as the primetime games are concerned I'll probably focus primarily on the LSU/MSU game with an eye on the Louisville game as well. Also Ole Miss plays Cal in the late game. I'll probably watch that one too.

I probably have to turn in my VFL card for this, but I'm kinda looking forward to the Vandy-KSU game. It irks me that teams like KSU, Washington, and USF get ranked purely because their schedule is so easy. Would love to see Vandy end one of those dreams, at least.

*hangs head* I know, I know, I'll go turn it in now.

p.s. Nice, having Saturday off, MBRO. :good!:

I really don't think there are great games this weekend..sure intriguing games, but last weekend seemed like a great list. I'll still be watching!

*air force vs. Michigan - intriguing match up to see some of this.

*sc vs. Kentucky - blackout for sc. They've struggled with kentucky recently, but I just don't see that happening this year
*lsu vs. Miss st - haven't seen either team this year, interested in seeing both
*clemson vs. Louisville - watched a bit of ville this weekend, don't see how ville will survive. Want clemson to lose though.
*usc vs. Texas - oh the names in this game, not sure texas can make this a game

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Aside from our game, it doesn't look great at all. Clemson and Louisville should be a good game... and Kentucky will probably beat South Carolina again. Too much has been made of them on VN so far.

I am gonna watch Dobbs 4 heisman's mom in an amateur "homemade" movie but I promise it's just to scout her talent. Supposedly she is a high rated 4* with top 5 professional potential
I'll give scouting report on Tuesday

I kid I kid. :)

I took Saturday off so no Kesling for me this week :). As far as the primetime games are concerned I'll probably focus primarily on the LSU/MSU game with an eye on the Louisville game as well. Also Ole Miss plays Cal in the late game. I'll probably watch that one too.

I don't think it will be a great game, but I may go to the Ole Miss v Cal game depending on what kind of condition I am in after our game.

I don't think it will be a great game, but I may go to the Ole Miss v Cal game depending on what kind of condition I am in after our game.

Antifa is going to be rioting at Berkley Saturday night, how will that clash with the game?

Well, the USF-Illinois game wasn't nearly as interesting as I thought it would be.

And Okla State - Pitt is looking to be a disaster for the Panthers.

I'm ready to move on to other games now. Watch what football can be.

Got sc vs kentucky on. SC is off to a fast start.

VN Store

Back