Report: Paterno told McQueary it wasn't the "first incident" he'd heard with Sandusky

Of course he knew before McQueary told him what he saw in the showers. The incident at the hotel for the Alamo bowl in San Antonio destroyed any credibility Joe Paterno might have had. JoePa came to Sanduskys room, and when he walked in, there was the kid, laying in Sanduskys bed, watching TV. Paterno felt uncomfortable, and left the room, allowing Sandusky to prey on the kid, yet another night. JoePa knew all about the kid, what was going on, and did nothing. Hopefully that pos is enjoying hell.

Reactions: 2 people
Of course he knew before McQueary told him what he saw in the showers. The incident at the hotel for the Alamo bowl in San Antonio destroyed any credibility Joe Paterno might have had. JoePa came to Sanduskys room, and when he walked in, there was the kid, laying in Sanduskys bed, watching TV. Paterno felt uncomfortable, and left the room, allowing Sandusky to prey on the kid, yet another night. JoePa knew all about the kid, what was going on, and did nothing. Hopefully that pos is enjoying hell.

I hadn't heard about the Alamo Bowl incident, doesn't surprise me in the least though.

Wow, shocking.

Did anyone really think that poc JoePa didnt know about it?

You haven't been around a lot of Penn State fans have you?

What gets me is that this is proof Paterno lied in the Grand Jury Hearing. He said the incident with McQueary was the first he heard about it. But McQueary testified that Paterno told him that it was the second incident he knew of.

Basically Paterno committed perjury and was never called on it by the cops. Goes to show just how deep this thing went to try and protect Paterno.

A lot of people at the university and in the community knew. Most people haven't heard this but Sandusky was actually close to becoming the UVA head coach in December 2000, a year after he "retired" from PSU. He had a handshake agreement with Terry Holland the then UVA athletic director. Sandusky even went as far as to start putting together a coaching staff. This included Jim Caldwell, who had recently been fired at Wake Forest and who coached with Sandusky at Penn St for a decade.

Well long story short, the deal fell apart and UVA ended up hiring Al Groh from the NY Jets. The reason given for the reversal on Sandusky was that the people at UVA were concerned that he was too focused on his charity and wouldn't be able to handle head coaching duties as well. This is patently false. While I was a student at UVA from 2006-2008, I actually worked in the athletic department doing admin work.

After the Sandusky story broke I called a couple of guys who worked in the department at the time of the 2000 coaching search. They said the charity story was just a cover. What really happened was that Terry Holland received phone calls from two people in state college. One higher up in the university and the other a community leader. They both told Holland to steer clear of Sandusky. They didn't go into detail about sexual abuse, but told Holland that he wouldn't want Sandusky representing UVA because there were a lot of "disturbing" stories about Sandusky. So the notion the Joe Paterno didn't know about the sexual abuse claims is completely ludicrous. A lot if people inside the university and the community knew what was going on.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
A lot of people at the university and in the community knew. Most people haven't heard this but Sandusky was actually close to becoming the UVA head coach in December 2000, a year after he "retired" from PSU. He had a handshake agreement with Terry Holland the then UVA athletic director. Sandusky even went as far as to start putting together a coaching staff. This included Jim Caldwell, who had recently been fired at Wake Forest and who coached with Sandusky at Penn St for a decade.

Well long story short, the deal fell apart and UVA ended up hiring Al Groh from the NY Jets. The reason given for the reversal on Sandusky was that the people at UVA were concerned that he was to focused on his charity and wouldn't be able to handle head coaching duties as well. This is patently false. While I was a student at UVA from , 2006-2008, I actually worked in the athletic department doing admin work.

After the Sandusky story broke I called a couple of guys who worked in the department at the time of the 2000 coaching search. They said the charity story was just a cover. What really happened was that Terry Holland received phone calls from two people in state college. One higher up in the university and the other a community leader. They both told Holland to steer clear of Sandusky. They didn't go into detail about sexual abuse, but told Holland that he wouldn't want Sandusky representing UVA because there were a lot of "disturbing" stories about Sandusky. So the notion the Joe Paterno didn't know about the sexual abuse claims is completely ludicrous. A lot if people inside the university and the community knew what was going on.

Holy ****!!!

I just...no words. None at all.

Still no one went to the police. I shouldn't be surprised anymore but I am

This stuff ties into the Pizzagate scandal that people love to ridicule. This sexual abuse stuff with children goes all the way to the highest levels of people in the US government.

When kids are involved it's really hard to not just want everybody involved to be removed from the earth.

The really frustrating thing is the enablers never had to take accountability.

No man with an ounce of decency would allow this type of the thing to happen and that includes McCreary.

He should have gone in the shower and taken the boy away from Sandusky

No man with an ounce of decency would allow this type of the thing to happen and that includes McCreary.

He should have gone in the shower and taken the boy away from Sandusky

That would have been the better thing to do but I look at it from a psychological perspective. I can't imagine what it must be like to see someone you admire assaulting a young child. I honestly don't know how I'd react and I can understand that absolute shock and horror of that moment taking over your instincts. Its easy to say what you would do when you aren't in that situation

However, there is absolutely NO excuse for what happened after the fact. Sandusky was still taking kids to PSU games, using the PSU facilities with children without any supervision and McQueary NEVER went to the cops but gladly accepted a job at PSU.

He deserves to be in jail for that alone.

That would have been the better thing to do but I look at it from a psychological perspective. I can't imagine what it must be like to see someone you admire assaulting a young child. I honestly don't know how I'd react and I can understand that absolute shock and horror of that moment taking over your instincts. Its easy to say what you would do when you aren't in that situation

However, there is absolutely NO excuse for what happened after the fact. Sandusky was still taking kids to PSU games, using the PSU facilities with children without any supervision and McQueary NEVER went to the cops but gladly accepted a job at PSU.

He deserves to be in jail for that alone.

I don't care if it was dad, if I witnessed him doing that it would end very badly for him.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't care if it was dad, if I witnessed him doing that it would end very badly for him.

Exactly.... I have no respect for McQueary. He put his position on the staff before the kid. He didn't have to go in there and beat Sandusky to death, but at the very least he should have gone and took the kid with him.

Reactions: 1 person
How could this have gone on so long without it leaking? I mean - a parent, a manager, Paterno... It seems a lot of pain could have been avoided if someone had just reported it to the right people. How can you hide something of this magnitude with so many involved? Why did Sandusky have such protection? That's what boggles my mind. I don't want to open up a can of worms bringing Michael Jackson's situation into it, but it seems there is a lot of similarities. Does celebrity trigger denial?

How could this have gone on so long without it leaking? I mean - a parent, a manager, Paterno... It seems a lot of pain could have been avoided if someone had just reported it to the right people. How can you hide something of this magnitude with so many involved? Why did Sandusky have such protection? That's what boggles my mind. I don't want to open up a can of worms bringing Michael Jackson's situation into it, but it seems there is a lot of similarities. Does celebrity trigger denial?

Absolute power corrupts abolutely.

Reactions: Weezer
Exactly.... I have no respect for McQueary. He put his position on the staff before the kid. He didn't have to go in there and beat Sandusky to death, but at the very least he should have gone and took the kid with him.

And that is just an example of the mindset of all of those associated with Penn State football at that time. They all put the programs reputation above right and wrong. Even one of the most horrific wrongs that can be done was overlooked in order to protect the Paterno & Penn State football brand. It was as much about protecting Paterno than it was Penn St.

Watch the documentary on Netflix, it will make you sick.

Which documentary? I saw two. One which took a more neutral look and showed a deranged student who hated that they were praying for the victims and another which showed Paterno as a freaking saint and literally ended with him ascending to heaven. That one made me sick.

Quite honestly no coach worth a **** should have taken that job. They should rot on the vine

VN Store

Back