What you watching this weekend? [week 3]

VFL-82-JP

Bleedin' Orange...
Aside from our game against Indiana State (4 pm Eastern, SEC Network), who you watching this weekend?

In the SEC, four other games look interesting to me (all on Saturday):
  • Arkansas hosts #23 TCU (3:30, cbs)
  • #13 Auburn goes to #3 Clemson, the Battle of The Tigers (7:00, espn)
  • South Carolina at Mizzou, first SEC conference game of the season (7:00, espn2)
  • #15 Georgia visits #24 Notre Dame (7:30, nbc)

There are two other games between ranked teams:
  • #5 Oklahoma goes to #2 Ohio State, national title implications (7:30, abc)
  • #14 Stanford visits #6 USC in a game that will help decide the PAC (8:30, fox)

And there are a few other Power 5 match-ups that seem interesting:
  • #17 Louisville meets UNC in an important ACC match (12:00, espn)
  • Northwestern and Duke come together for their annual pillow fight, go Coach Cut! (12:00, espnu)
  • #4 Penn State hosts Pitt in what used to be an exciting rivalry game (3:30, abc)
  • Nebraska goes to Oregon in a B10 vs PAC mid-tier meeting (4:30, fox)

For the life of me, I couldn't get excited about any of the Thursday or Friday night games. For this weekend at least, college football is a single-day event.

So that's almost a dozen games I'll be trying to keep at least one eye on this Saturday. How about you? See anything else interesting?

Go Vols!

[Note: all times are Eastern]

The San Jose State St at Texas game could be interesting. They gave South Florida a good game for a while.

Definitely watching Auburn and Clemson.

Probably switch around to the Stanford-USC game. I think Stanford is going to curb stomp them.

And of course the good guys. Wish I could catch the Oregon game, but orange comes first!

The San Jose State St at Texas game could be interesting. They gave South Florida a good game for a while.

Definitely watching Auburn and Clemson.

Probably switch around to the Stanford-USC game. I think Stanford is going to curb stomp them.

And of course the good guys. Wish I could catch the Oregon game, but orange comes first!

Yeah, if it weren't at about the same time, I'd like to watch the Pitt - Penn St game, more for nostalgia than anything. But like you said, Orange comes first!

You think San Jose State can pee in Texas' wheaties?

Yeah, if it weren't at about the same time, I'd like to watch the Pitt - Penn St game, more for nostalgia than anything. But like you said, Orange comes first!

You think San Jose State can pee in Texas' wheaties?

I really hope so. It is nice watching Texas implode. I've always disliked them, and have no idea why. Sort of like USC.

I'll be back on my normal work schedule starting Saturday. I'm trying to decide which game to record between the OU/OSU or Aub/Clemson.

Reactions: 1 person
I really hope so. It is nice watching Texas implode. I've always disliked them, and have no idea why. Sort of like USC.

Heh, I get it.

I actually like Texas, they're like an unruly little brother to us.

USCw and Notre Dame, on the other hand, always perturbs me that they're so frequently so far over-ranked.

Including now ND, leaping into the Top 25 for beating...Temple.

I wonder if Villanova leaps into the Top 25 next week if they beat Temple (yeah, I didn't even know they had a football team, either). :)

I'll be back on my normal work schedule starting Saturday. I'm trying to decide which game to record between the OU/OSU or Aub/Clemson.

Can you record one and watch the other? Or will you be at work during the games?

If you absolutely have to make a choice, I'd record whichever game involves the greatest potential for delicious tears from a loser. :)

1. At noon I'll be watching Louisville vs North Carolina cause Lamar Jackson is still much watch TV. Most exciting player in the country.

2. At 3:30pm I'll be watching our game against Indiana State while also keeping an eye on Penn State vs Pittsburgh. I don't care too much about either team but Saquon Barkley is also must watch TV like Lamar Jackson.

3. At 7pm I'll be switching back n forth between Clemson vs Auburn and Oklahoma vs Ohio State.

4. Late night I'll probably try to catch the end of the USC vs Stanford game if it's close.

Week 2 looks spectacular. Just wish they would have spaced the games out more cause I really want to watch Notre Dame vs Georgia as well but there are just too many good games in that 7pm range.

Can you record one and watch the other? Or will you be at work during the games?

If you absolutely have to make a choice, I'd record whichever game involves the greatest potential for delicious tears from a loser. :)

I work from 2-10. I'll obviously be recording our game. The night game is the one I'm undecided on. I'll only be able to record one. And I'll have to do this the rest of the year.

I had originally leaned towards OU/OSU, but the other one looks pretty good too. There's also UGA/ND.

I work from 2-10. I'll obviously be recording our game. The night game is the one I'm undecided on. I'll only be able to record one. And I'll have to do this the rest of the year.

I had originally leaned towards OU/OSU, but the other one looks pretty good too. There's also UGA/ND.

If it were me, I'd probably record Auburn-Clemson. Involves the SEC, being the main reason I guess.

But OU-OSU wouldn't be a bad choice, either. Mayfield's a gunslinger, would be fun to watch.

Aside from our game against Indiana State (4 pm Eastern, SEC Network), who you watching this weekend?

In the SEC, four other games look interesting to me (all on Saturday):
  • Arkansas hosts #23 TCU (3:30, cbs)
  • #13 Auburn goes to #3 Clemson, the Battle of The Tigers (7:00, espn)
  • South Carolina at Mizzou, first SEC conference game of the season (7:00, espn2)
  • #15 Georgia visits #24 Notre Dame (7:30, nbc)

There are two other games between ranked teams:
  • #5 Oklahoma goes to #2 Ohio State, national title implications (7:30, abc)
  • #14 Stanford visits #6 USC in a game that will help decide the PAC (8:30, fox)

And there are a few other Power 5 match-ups that seem interesting:
  • #17 Louisville meets UNC in an important ACC match (12:00, espn)
  • Northwestern and Duke come together for their annual pillow fight, go Coach Cut! (12:00, espnu)
  • #4 Penn State hosts Pitt in what used to be an exciting rivalry game (3:30, abc)
  • Nebraska goes to Oregon in a B10 vs PAC mid-tier meeting (4:30, fox)

For the life of me, I couldn't get excited about any of the Thursday or Friday night games. For this weekend at least, college football is a single-day event.

So that's almost a dozen games I'll be trying to keep at least one eye on this Saturday. How about you? See anything else interesting?

Go Vols!

[Note: all times are Eastern]

WAAAAAY to many quality games on at the same time...hello Westgate!

Sucks that there are soooo many good games. Definitely want to see if Louisville can recover. As much as I hate them, Lamar is an awesome player to watch. Also wanna see Oklahoma against Ohio State since I'm a closet Sooner fan. Might flip back and forth to keep an eye on Mizzou vs. USCjr and try to scout them out. UK could easily win or lose both those games.

I might even cave in and go to the UK game. I have a standing invite...but I think I'll pass and instead relax with the family at home.

Friday- Memphis at UCF and maybe Ohio at Purdue if it's a good game.

Saturday (If I'm fortunate enough to be free all day)- 11:00 Cincy vs Michigan, USF vs UCONN, Louisville vs UNC. 2:30 Alabama vs Fresno State, Pitt vs PSU, TCU vs Arkansas, and maybe Tulane vs Navy. Rest of the day: Hawaii vs UCLA, UGA vs ND, Auburn vs Clemson, Oklahoma vs OSU, Mizzou vs USC, Stanford vs USC, Washington State vs Boise State.

And I'll have a live stream of the UT game going on my phone. So in other words, a lot of channel flipping 😁

Heh, I get it.

I actually like Texas, they're like an unruly little brother to us.

USCw and Notre Dame, on the other hand, always perturbs me that they're so frequently so far over-ranked.

Including now ND, leaping into the Top 25 for beating...Temple.

I wonder if Villanova leaps into the Top 25 next week if they beat Temple (yeah, I didn't even know they had a football team, either). :)

I don't think Georgia will have any trouble with Notre Dame. But they both have a knack for being overrated and underperformers with the talent they have acquired over the years, so who really knows.

Hurricane Irma kickoff changes...

Miami @ Arkansas State - cancelled
Alcorn State @ FIU - cancelled
Memphis @ UCF - moved to Friday @ 6:30pm
No Colorado @ UF - moved to Saturday at noon
LA-Monroe @ FSU - moved to Saturday @ noon
FAU @ Wisconsin - no announcement
USF @ Uconn - no announcement

So I loved this. The opening over/under line for Missouri vs South Carolina:

72 points.

lots of good games this weekend. hate they're all on at the same times/overlapping.

Auburn/Clemson, GA/ND are two that really will get my attention. USCe/MO i'm interested in for obvious reasons, but even though it should have some cache, it just doesn't. but that could wind up being a huge game in terms of the East...

hell, really, i'm interested in all of those games. but with us on at 4 and SEC/ACC games...those will probably get the most time spent watching. OU/OSU....in there too. couldn't care less about ARK/TCE though.

glad PSU/Pitt is on a bit earlier....that should be worth watching for a little bit.

Outside of us, Oak/tOSU and the UGA/ND game I'm ready to see Purdue/Ohio on Friday night on FS1. Love the Brohm hire!

Hurricane Irma kickoff changes...

Miami @ Arkansas State - cancelled
Alcorn State @ FIU - cancelled
Memphis @ UCF - moved to Friday @ 6:30pm
No Colorado @ UF - moved to Saturday at noon
LA-Monroe @ FSU - moved to Saturday @ noon
FAU @ Wisconsin - no announcement
USF @ Uconn - no announcement

Thanks, Lawrence. Appreciate the updates. Stay safe!

What???

The football game between UConn and South Florida Saturday at Rentschler Field will begin at 10:30 a.m., 90 minutes earlier than originally scheduled, to allow the Bulls additional time to return to their Tampa, Fla., campus before Hurricane Irma strikes.

"By moving the game up an hour and half, that provides enough time for USF to play the game and get on a plane back to Florida and get their people safe and back to wherever they need to go," UConn athletic director David Benedict said. "It wouldn't necessarily be a terrible thing, from the standpoint of health and safety, for the USF football team and the travel party to get stuck in Connecticut, because it would be safe. But there are a lot of things that are going to be going on down in Florida that a lot of those people are going want to be much closer to."

The most intriguing game to me is Auburn vs. Clemson. If Clemson wins this one go ahead and put them in the CFP.

Ill be flippin channels -- pulling for Auburn and undecided about ND and UGA (not liking the way their fans have been acting towards the Vols this year, so I might go with ND )

VN Store

Back