Florida may not get game 2 in

wmcovol

Hurricane Irma appears to be heading that way late this week or over weekend. It is a huge storm. Prayers for those in the path of it.

Current National Hurricane Center plot only runs through Friday (5 day model limit), but if you extrapolate from that, it shouldn't even get to Miami before Saturday afternoon.

205908_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

Think Gainesville would be fine, unless the hurricane speeds up significantly over the next few days.

And Florida's playing Northern Colorado rather than, say, LSU, so there shouldn't be as much eagerness to cancel. :)

Reactions: 5 people
Current National Hurricane Center plot only runs through Friday (5 day model limit), but if you extrapolate from that, it shouldn't even get to Miami before Saturday afternoon.

Think Gainesville would be fine, unless the hurricane speeds up significantly over the next few days.

And Florida's playing Northern Colorado rather than, say, LSU, so there shouldn't be as much eagerness to cancel. :)

UF is always at the mercy of the Hurricanes.

Reactions: 16 people
Latest projections got it turning back out to sea, still plenty of time to change but I think they are going to be okay. GBO!!!!!

Reactions: 1 person

It's less about the day of the actual game than it is having a game day on Saturday with nearly 100,000 people attending.

If this hurricane is as big and powerful as they are saying and is projected to make landfall anywhere near central Florida, id be surprised if they have the game. Too much going on with evacuations, emergency personnel preparation, resources going to that than to worry about the game at that point IMO

That being said, we still are over a week out and everyone knows how much that cone shifts daily. Just wait and see mode at this point.

They should be prudent and cancel. The welfare of all the fans and students comes before playing a football game. Cmon this is an obvious choice.

That. And no reason to give them an easy confidence building tune up before we head to the swamp 😬

They should be prudent and cancel. The welfare of all the fans and students comes before playing a football game. Cmon this is an obvious choice.

That. And no reason to give them an easy confidence building tune up before we head to the swamp 😬

Or just move the game to another field?

Or just move the game to another field?

Nah. Let's just cancel. Cmon let's put safety first here!

Plus last year showed us those idiots in the SEC offices and UFAD won't be able to decide Monday's lunch venue before noon on Friday.

Edit: The Friday four days AFTER the lunch date.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
The solution is simple, all of Florida's opponents should adjust their schedules to play Florida a week later than they would have played.

Lordy, just hand them the east and get it over with. mcElwain must have a voodo princess on stand by.

Down here in Orlando and watching the local news - they say it will be in the Bahamas by Friday

Big high pressure system over the atlantic right now so it will most likely head north...These things change at the drop of a hat but I'm sure Florida is gonna be ok...Not sweating it yet.

They already basically had two weeks to prepare for us anyways as do we. We both play scrub teams week 2

You know Jim Mcelwain is praying for that hurricane to hit Florida and hang out for a week. After the **** storm he has been catching since Saturday, a hurricane is vacation weather for him. He's in a basement some where right now with a hood on and candles burning drinking sharks blood from a chalice. Dudes gonna come out to the sideline at the Tennessee game with long fingernails and a pentagram necklace on...

Attachments

• C0158A67-21E5-4213-B238-57AEEBD994B7-1656-000002971546392D.jpeg
    C0158A67-21E5-4213-B238-57AEEBD994B7-1656-000002971546392D.jpeg
    18.4 KB · Views: 321
Reactions: 2 people
Category 5 now.

177 mph winds.

This storm is no joke.

I know man and its looking very scary on its path...I figured it would turn north before hand but its not looking like it will....Latest path shows it going right down the middle of the state...That's insanity...Stay safe!

I know man and its looking very scary on its path...I figured it would turn north before hand but its not looking like it will....Latest path shows it going right down the middle of the state...That's insanity...Stay safe!

You sticking around or heading out? I think we're going to make a decision tonight.

The NFL should be making a decision on the Bucs Dolphins game in Miami very soon I would think

VN Store

Back