2 key Alabama linebackers hurt - out for year

This is really bad for Alabama. I actually liked Terrell Lewis and Christian Miller. Both guys look like future NFL stars unlike most of the other pass rushers they've had in past years like Ryan Anderson and Tim Williams. Those guys were good college players but IMO had very limited NFL ceilings. Terrell Lewis on the other hand has pro-bowl potential in the NFL so this is a huge loss.

These could be the type of injuries that make Alabama beatable in late November and the playoffs.

This is really bad for Alabama. I actually liked Terrell Lewis and Christian Miller. Both guys look like future NFL stars unlike most of the other pass rushers they've had in past years like Ryan Anderson and Tim Williams. Those guys were good college players but IMO had very limited NFL ceilings. Terrell Lewis on the other hand has pro-bowl potential in the NFL so this is a huge loss.

These could be the type of injuries that make Alabama beatable in late November and the playoffs.

But you didn't predict any of this.

Reactions: 7 people

You had literally never heard of either before now.

Reactions: 10 people
Excuse me while I go take a shower for liking the previous two posters replies. But both are right.

Reactions: 3 people

Why does the NFL angle have to come into this at all? If a guy is balling it in college why would anyone pulling for that team give two #&%$* about what that player will ever do in the pros?

Straight up question... do you think Bama fans care more about how bad Trent Richardson has been in the NFL or how good he was in college winning the SEC OPOTY, Doak Walker award and helping them win the NC?

Straight up question... do you think Bama fans care more about how bad Trent Richardson has been in the NFL or how good he was in college winning the SEC OPOTY, Doak Walker award and helping them win the NC?

Do not feed the animals

You are a running joke.

Why does the NFL angle have to come into this at all? If a guy is balling it in college why would anyone pulling for that team give two #&%$* about what that player will ever do in the pros?

As a recruit I would care. D4H isn't wrong on this front. College is just a stepping stone to these kids real goal which is the NFL.

Reactions: 2 people
As a recruit I would care. D4H isn't wrong on this front. College is just a stepping stone to these kids real goal which is the NFL.

Is it too much to ask that we not pretend that D4H knows a damned thing about anyone's pro potential? Particularly a guy like Terrell Lewis, who he'd never heard of until this thread?

Totally different context. My point was what fans of college teams want to see is players balling out for their team. What those players do/don't do in the NFL is secondary at best.

You had literally never heard of either before now.

Bruh I follow college football a lot more than just about everybody here. I knew about Terrell Lewis when he was Terrell Hall the freak defensive end prospect from DC that at one point was considering Tennessee during his recruitment. He was a guy who I really wanted us to get since his physical tools were so freakish.

Now I will admit I didn't know anything about Christian Miller until this off-season when I heard he would be starting over Terrell Hall (now Lewis) at outside linebacker. So I decided to check him out. And as you know I judge players a lot by how they look physically and Christian Miller looked the part.

Just because you don't know anything about teams other than your own doesn't mean the rest of us do as well. I actually enjoy college football as a whole especially the SEC and try to follow what is going on elsewhere as much as I can.

Reactions: 1 person
Bruh I follow college football a lot more than just about everybody here. I knew about Terrell Lewis when he was Terrell Hall the freak defensive end prospect from DC that at one point was considering Tennessee during his recruitment. He was a guy who I really wanted us to get since his physical tools were so freakish.

Now I will admit I didn't know anything about Christian Miller until this off-season when I heard he would be starting over Terrell Hall (now Lewis) at outside linebacker. So I decided to check him out. And as you know I judge players a lot by how they look physically and Christian Miller looked the part.

Just because you don't know anything about teams other than your own doesn't mean the rest of us do as well. I actually enjoy college football as a whole especially the SEC and try to follow what is going on elsewhere as much as I can.

Every bit of what you just wrote could have been googled in 3 minutes. You have never heard of either guy before now, and that is the truth. No one with any sense believes otherwise.

Reactions: 5 people
Every bit of what you just wrote could have been googled in 3 minutes. You have never heard of either guy before now, and that is the truth. No one with any sense believes otherwise.

Believe what you want to believe. I think there was actually a thread about Terrell Hall on the recruiting forum and I'm pretty sure I posted in there 2 years ago. I know that before he started looking like a lock for Ohio State, we thought we had a chance at him because we signed his high school teammate Devante Brooks (tight end at the time but now an offensive tackle).

As I said earlier, just because you don't know anything outside of your team doesn't mean the rest of us do as well. Especially if you follow recruiting closely, it's always interesting to see how guys who don't go to your school do. For example this weekend I was impressed to see names like Zach Moss (Utah) and Rico Dowdle (South Carolina) do well. Guys who we could have signed in 2016 but instead passed on for someone like Latrell Williams.

Believe what you want to believe. I think there was actually a thread about Terrell Hall on the recruiting forum and I'm pretty sure I posted in there 2 years ago. I know that before he started looking like a lock for Ohio State, we thought we had a chance at him because we signed his high school teammate Devante Brooks (tight end at the time but now an offensive tackle).

The search feature is a wonderful thing. Your posts in that thread are nothing more than sniping at another poster. You didn't mention Lewis (Hall) at all.

As I said earlier, just because you don't know anything outside of your team doesn't mean the rest of us do as well. Especially if you follow recruiting closely, it's always interesting to see how guys who don't go to your school do. For example this weekend I was impressed to see names like Zach Moss (Utah) and Rico Dowdle (South Carolina) do well. Guys who we could have signed in 2016 but instead passed on for someone like Latrell Williams.

I get paid to write about the SEC. There isn't a single game featuring an SEC team in the past 7 or 8 years that I haven't watched, often more than once. I bet I have more games saved on my hard drive than you've ever watched.

Last edited:
The search feature is a wonderful thing. Your posts in that thread are nothing more than sniping at another poster. You didn't mention Lewis (Hall) at all.

Well there goes your argument that I didn't know who he was before today. I don't need to have specifically mentioned Terrell Hall. Obviously if I posted in that thread I was reading it and following the kids recruitment. Once again I wasn't saying I was predicting greatness for him back then. Just saying he was a player I was intrigued by during recruiting and was hoping we could land. Once we didn't, I was interested in how he would do in Alabama. And Saturday against Florida State, I was very impressed with him before he got hurt.

Terrell Lewis and Christian Miller looked the part. And that is the main reason I'm higher on them than any other linebackers Alabama has had in recent memory.

Well there goes your argument that I didn't know who he was before today. I don't need to have specifically mentioned Terrell Hall. Obviously if I posted in that thread I was reading it and following the kids recruitment. Once again I wasn't saying I was predicting greatness for him back then. Just saying he was a player I was intrigued by during recruiting and was hoping we could land. Once we didn't, I was interested in how he would do in Alabama. And Saturday against Florida State, I was very impressed with him before he got hurt.

Terrell Lewis and Christian Miller looked the part. And that is the main reason I'm higher on them than any other linebackers Alabama has had in recent memory.

So you honest-to-God based a future Pro Bowl career on one half of college football? Do you have a brain tumor, or are you at the most annoying point on the autism spectrum?

Reactions: 5 people
So you honest-to-God based a future Pro Bowl career on one half of college football? Do you have a brain tumor, or are you at the most annoying point on the autism spectrum?

Not too many humans look like Terrell Lewis. Freakish length and athletism like that doesn't come around very often. Based purely on his physical tools he should have a pro bowl career in the NFL.

I place huge emphasis on physical tools when it comes to defensive lineman (in particular edge rushers). This is a major reason I was never swayed by Derek Barnett's statistical prowess vis-a-vis his lack of elite physical tools.

Not too many humans look like Terrell Lewis. Freakish length and athletism like that doesn't come around very often. Based purely on his physical tools he should have a pro bowl career in the NFL.

I place huge emphasis on physical tools when it comes to defensive lineman (in particular edge rushers). This is a major reason I was never swayed by Derek Barnett's statistical prowess vis-a-vis his lack of elite physical tools.

Your tendency to look at physical tools as somehow superior to actual production is why you fail so miserably.

I get paid to write about the SEC. There isn't a single game featuring an SEC team in the past 7 or 8 years that I haven't watched, often more than once. I bet I have more games saved on my hard drive than you've ever watched.

hahahaha Thats complete bull****. :eek:lol:

VN Store

Back