Who's your preseason final four picks?

dan4vols

VN GURU
It might be fun to come back and see who was closest to being right three months from now. I haven't seen a thread like this if there is one I apologize. My picks are Oklahoma/Auburn/Penn State/Florida State

Reactions: 1 person
Bama, USC, Ohio State and Oklahoma State.

Definitely reaching on the Pokes. I think everyone is wrong saying that the loser of Bama and FSU is ok. They won't be.

Tennessee/Tennessee/Tennessee/Tennessee :)

On a serious note...

Tennessee/FSU/USC/Penn State.

I'll predict UT every year until we finally get in, just so I can say "I told ya so!"

Reactions: 3 people
1. Tennessee
2. Michigan
3. Notre Dame
4. Clemson

Sugar Bowl: Tennessee over Clemson
Rose Bowl: Notre Dame over Michigan

National Championship Game: Tennessee over Notre Dame

Reactions: 9 people
They had a good defense and running game last year, all they needed was a QB and they got Stidham. I don't think they'll get there but if they did it wouldn't surprise me.

Its not like Alabama had stellar QB play. Picking Auburn over Bama at this point is going on a huge limb. It would be a little surprising unless Bama just isn't very good and LSU isn't either.

Its not like Alabama had stellar QB play. Picking Auburn over Bama at this point is going on a huge limb. It would be a little surprising unless Bama just isn't very good and LSU isn't either.

I'm with you, i picked Alabama, but I can see that happening.

1. A team I hate.
2. A team I loathe.
3. A team I despise.
4. A team I can barely tolerate. Guess I root for them.

Reactions: 6 people
I'll dive into the D4H waters with a wishful prediction as well:

Tennessee will face Penn State in first playoff game -- stomp a mudhole in Franklin
Virginia Tech will meet Washington in the second playoff game -- Va Tech wins

Vols and Va Tech meet at Battle at Bristol (This Time in Atlanta) redux.

Go Vols!

That would be a fun playoffs. Utterly unrealistic, but hella fun. :)

Last edited:
1. Tennessee
2. Michigan
3. Notre Dame
4. Clemson

Sugar Bowl: Tennessee over Clemson
Rose Bowl: Notre Dame over Michigan

National Championship Game: Tennessee over Notre Dame

If this ever came to fruition you can just go ahead and put me in a New Orleans holding cell for public intoxocation and assault charges. I just don't see anyway around it.

Tennessee- regular season loss to bama but we beat them in
Atlanta

Washington- pretty easy schedule outside of usc who is always overrated

FSU- ACC champ will be automatically in final 4. Beat Clemson and they're in. Not a very deep confidence IMO

Ohio State- since the big 10,12,14 whatever they are, play crappy OOC games we really don't know how good they are until the SEC takes em to the wood shed at bowl time.. But they should win the confidence.

Tennessee
Stanford
Miami
Penn state

I think Stanford gets it done in the PAC. They get USC early.

Miami lost some guys. But overall they have talent. If they beat FSU in September, they can run their schedule pretty easily. FSU will come out of that Bama game banged up without a doubt. Miami gets them at the perfect time.

Penn state has a lot of momentum and should have been a playoff team last year. Shame how they got sh*t on by the committee just so Ohio state could go get shut out.

Tennessee....because I'm a fan.

Oh State -- Penn St lost a bunch and I hate Harbaugh
Clemson -- Think they take Fl St
Auburn -- Ala going down
Washington -- Weak Pac 12 (?)

Tough year. Everyone is holding back and playing mind games. You don't really know what you got with anyone.

I think Auburn will come out of the west, and I think Ohio St. is being set up this year like we were last year. The pressure will be too much. Penn st. would be a good guess but I think Wisconsin is a better one. I could see Wisconsin coming out of the big ten.

There are all these outliers this year though. Sneaky dark horse teams like Washington and NC state that are getting a lot of love right now. Really interested in two games this weekend with App state vs gawga. gawga might gawga right out the gate this year. Good chance App state gives them all they can handle. Also, NC state vs south Carolina will show me if NC state is for real or not.

Tough year. Everyone is holding back and playing mind games. You don't really know what you got with anyone.

I think Auburn will come out of the west, and I think Ohio St. is being set up this year like we were last year. The pressure will be too much. Penn st. would be a good guess but I think Wisconsin is a better one. I could see Wisconsin coming out of the big ten.

There are all these outliers this year though. Sneaky dark horse teams like Washington and NC state that are getting a lot of love right now. Really interested in two games this weekend with App state vs gawga. gawga might gawga right out the gate this year. Good chance App state gives them all they can handle. Also, NC state vs south Carolina will show me if NC state is for real or not.

NC State is never real. Ever. Ever.****ing ever.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back