Vandy @ Middle Tennessee

coffeevol

regular old member
Living in middle TN I am actually going to this game to start the season. Middle has an offense that is fun to watch and I hope they crush Vandy to start the season. Floyd Stadium will be as full as it has ever been and it should be a fun way to open the season. I bought 4 tix nine rows up on the 30 for $120 total.

Middle on Saturday and Vols on Monday all on a 3 day weekend. GOD BLESS AMERICA the drought is nearly over, bring on the football.

http://collegefootballnews.com/2017/06/vanderbilt-vs-middle-tennessee-prediction-game-preview

Reactions: 2 people
I think this is a dangerous spot for Vandy. MTSU is playing them for the second year in a row, this time in Murfreesboro, and bring back the HC's son at QB. It would not surprise me at all if this is a really close game. Vandy is only a 5.5 point favorite (opened at Vandy -9).

I think this is a dangerous spot for Vandy. MTSU is playing them for the second year in a row, this time in Murfreesboro, and bring back the HC's son at QB. It would not surprise me at all if this is a really close game. Vandy is only a 5.5 point favorite (opened at Vandy -9).

It's actually the third year in a row.

Although I'd love to see the Blue Raiders win, I think Vandy takes home the W. Mason will stop MTSU's offense, and MTSU has no defense. Shut down Stockstill and the Air Raid and it's game over.

It's actually the third year in a row.

Although I'd love to see the Blue Raiders win, I think Vandy takes home the W. Mason will stop MTSU's offense, and MTSU has no defense. Shut down Stockstill and the Air Raid and it's game over.

Thanks, didn't realize it was the 3rd year in a row. The 2015 game was a 3 point Vandy victory in M'boro.

MTSU has no defense, but Vandy doesn't really have an offense either. I suppose they can still hand the ball to Ralph Webb 30 times and see where that goes, because it's basically what they did last year.

Reactions: 1 person
it being the season opener and an air raid offense makes it tricky for Vandy at Floyd Stadium. I could see MTSU sneaking one out barely. Vandy Schedule is brutal too. Now they know how we feel every year.

it being the season opener and an air raid offense makes it tricky for Vandy at Floyd Stadium. I could see MTSU sneaking one out barely. Vandy Schedule is brutal too. Now they know how we feel every year.

Brutal is right. They have a 4 game stretch of K State, Alabama, Florida, and Georgia if I am remembering correctly (sounds like the annual UT schedule). Then they still have the rest of the East which should all be improved save Missouri. Personally I hope they go 0-12, but of the 2nd tier east teams I also hope Missouri and USCe are also 0-12 so somebody's gonna have to win some conference games.

Brutal is right. They have a 4 game stretch of K State, Alabama, Florida, and Georgia if I am remembering correctly (sounds like the annual UT schedule). Then they still have the rest of the East which should all be improved save Missouri. Personally I hope they go 0-12, but of the 2nd tier east teams I also hope Missouri and USCe are also 0-12 so somebody's gonna have to win some conference games.

yeh they got K state, Bama, Florida, UGA, Ole Miss in a row before they get a bye. And their opener is no gimme. Gonna be tough this yr.

I'm taking Vandy against the spread. Just seems like the public is all over Middle here.

Yep. 9th toughest schedule in the entire country according to Phil Steele.

After they get through that gauntlet they can sleepwalk through the rest of the schedule, at least in the minds of some of their fans...

On Vandymania today: "Tennessee - unless the Sarge is replaced mid season (then all bets are off) or is possessed by the ghost of Vince Lombardi for this game this is a win"

After they get through that gauntlet they can sleepwalk through the rest of the schedule, at least in the minds of some of their fans...

On Vandymania today: "Tennessee - unless the Sarge is replaced mid season (then all bets are off) or is possessed by the ghost of Vince Lombardi for this game this is a win"

They refer to Butch as "the Sarge?"

No they're not - just didn't know who specifically they were referring to.

Yeah it's not the worst description to have I guess. Before last season I remember a few posters over there going on about what a great and contagious smile ole deer in headlights Johnny McCrary had, and this confidence boost he gained in the offseason will translate to W's on the field. Just a little weird.

Just walk across the street from Floyd Stadium to Dirty Jim's and Campus Pub. I'll buy the Long Island Iced Teas and $3 pitchers of Natty Lite.

Been there many a times, younger days of course. It was a site to behold....see ya there.

Reading some of these comments harken me back a couple of seasons ago. The game was us against Utah State. Chuckie Keeton was going to carve us up and it was supposed to be a dangerous game. What happened? US got boatraced. I doubt Vandy has that hard of a time. Although I hope Vandy gets their azz beat.

VN Store

Back