Florida suspends 7 for Michigan game

LA vol7

Doesn't seem like there's a good culture at Florida. Old Yeller teeth might have a culture problem at Florida!

Reactions: 4 people
95c3dddce54d670adfc672db1103f000--florida-state-seminoles-poetry.jpg

Reactions: 7 people
http://www.espn.com/college-football/

Btw, how many times does Calloway have to do something to get dismissed!?

His argument for the previous arrest was he was too stoned to have sex with anyone, and got caught another time smoking weed. Now this!!

I heard Bucky Beaver told Calloway if he murders anyone or rips the tags off of a mattress he is done as a Gator. Anything else and he gets a least 15 free passes. :blink:

Reactions: 2 people
http://www.espn.com/college-football/

Btw, how many times does Calloway have to do something to get dismissed!?

His argument for the previous arrest was he was too stoned to have sex with anyone, and got caught another time smoking weed. Now this!!

Thank you for providing a link..OP should take note..Not a proper thread w/o link IMHO...:hi:

Reactions: 1 person
Impermissible benefits should warrant NCAA involvement. Nice try Florida.

I'd call it theft more than impermissible benefits. They're clearly allowed to use the card for said purchases, likely as part of their scholarship. They're not allowed to go out and sell the items for cash. Its akin to me taking my company gas card and filling folks up at a discounted price while allowing work to pay for that gas. In court I would think it would be upheld as theft.

Michigan game is pointless anyways. It means nothing. Suspension means less opportunity for those players to get hurt before playing their SEC schedule. One loss to Michigan at the start of the year won't really effect them in the end.

Michigan game is pointless anyways. It means nothing. Suspension means less opportunity for those players to get hurt before playing their SEC schedule. One loss to Michigan at the start of the year won't really effect them in the end.

Have to agree. Sort of like us holding Tuttle out for Georgia Tech.

I'd call it theft more than impermissible benefits. They're clearly allowed to use the card for said purchases, likely as part of their scholarship. They're not allowed to go out and sell the items for cash. Its akin to me taking my company gas card and filling folks up at a discounted price while allowing work to pay for that gas. In court I would think it would be upheld as theft.

not arguing the theft thing, but weren't these items that they shouldn't have bought on the cards in the first place? at least per the NCAA?

not arguing the theft thing, but weren't these items that they shouldn't have bought on the cards in the first place? at least per the NCAA?

I've not read all articles but I haven't seen anything that says they couldn't buy the things they did; whatever those things were. Their cards didn't have enough money in the account to cover the purchases however. Basically over drafted. I assume this is like what we called Bonus Bucks at UT; you can use funds for bookstore items, snacks on campus and meals not covered by the meal plan.

I've not read all articles but I haven't seen anything that says they couldn't buy the things they did; whatever those things were. Their cards didn't have enough money in the account to cover the purchases however. Basically over drafted. I assume this is like what we called Bonus Bucks at UT; you can use funds for bookstore items, snacks on campus and meals not covered by the meal plan.
What I read was they bought Apple watches, then sold them, and reported the card stolen. That could also need a grain of salt.

I hadn't seen what it was they bought. There's like 4 stories about what happened, or maybe they all happened and it's a complete cluster?

It was $150K of Apple watches, iPads and other electronics from Best Buy.

The players sold most of the merchandise, reported some of it stolen and received approximately $25K in refunds which was used to finance a deep sea fishing expedition for Coach McElwain.

This won't end well for us.

0-12

Reactions: 4 people
Seriously though, this misappropriation of CoA money is akin to someone on Section 8 using their EBT card to purchase lottery tickets, beer and weed. Only difference being you can't report weed being stolen.

Callaway likely won't make it to the FSU game, and I'm fine if it comes to that.

Seriously though, this misappropriation of CoA money is akin to someone on Section 8 using their EBT card to purchase lottery tickets, beer and weed. Only difference being you can't report weed being stolen.

Callaway likely won't make it to the FSU game, and I'm fine if it comes to that.

It is?

Bama had an incident 10 years ago where players used scholarship money to buy books and then sell them for profit.

Each player was suspended for balance of season (I believe 5 games).

If these players reported cards stolen to get reissued, they purchased goods with stolen money. That would be a felony act and very punishable.

Here's what needs to be determined. Did they report cards stolen to get fraudulent funds for which they purchased goods? If question is yes, did they sell the goods? That would make it a worse felony offense and all would be dismissed.

VN Store

Back