Florida Player Credit Card Rumors

Captain Awesome

Many rumors, and at this point they are only rumors, are swirling that numerous Florida players are in trouble for possible credit card fraud. Callaway is one player that is named consistently in these, again, rumors. Anyone else hearing anything?

Last edited:
UF board implying they used school cards, reported them stolen, got double the money.
Most likely, nonstarters will be dismissed and starters will be disciplined "in house".

All based on *if true.

Reactions: 1 person
IF true (and that is a big IF) there will not be anything the school can do. Rumor has it was a large amount of money. The card companies will go after them, would be out of school's hands.

I won't believe it till I see a credible source. And as we see on here, message boards are not credible sources. Twitter isn't either.

Hearing one player may be suspended, a reserve Frsehman DE. Most of the players "rumored" are practicing at this very moment, so I think most of it is wild speculation at this point.

Hearing one player may be suspended, a reserve Frsehman DE. Most of the players "rumored" are practicing at this very moment, so I think most of it is wild speculation at this point.

If there is trouble at Florida, it's safe to assume that Callaway is involved.

Reactions: 13 people

Of course you would. No one ever suspects one of their own.

Reactions: 2 people
28883779206_c2e2cd45a3_o.gif

Reactions: 21 people
UF board implying they used school cards, reported them stolen, got double the money.
Most likely, nonstarters will be dismissed and starters will be disciplined "in house".

All based on *if true.

That's what I'm hearing too. This pertains to the school "stipend" card, not a stolen credit card from an individual or fraudulent activity on a Visa or MasterCard type situation. Allegedly the player used up his stipend, then reported it lost to get a new card. Basically, doubling his money. Apparently a few other players tried this too which is what set off an alarm with someone. This is exactly what happened at UGA in 2014 I believe. No players suspended in that case, players had to make restitution to the University.

This is all unsubstantiated but I did get it from someone who usually has their stuff together.

Of course you would. No one ever suspects one of their own.

Who said anything about not suspecting their own? I wouldn't be surprised AT ALL, I learned a long time ago to never throw stones in this area because you always have a hand full on your own team who will do something stupid. So if anything, I do suspect my own. One of the key names rumored was Zaire, but Zaire was practicing today, on video. So, just reporting what I know.

Reactions: 1 person
That's what I'm hearing too. This pertains to the school "stipend" card, not a stolen credit card from an individual or fraudulent activity on a Visa or MasterCard type situation. Allegedly the player used up his stipend, then reported it lost to get a new card. Basically, doubling his money. Apparently a few other players tried this too which is what set off an alarm with someone. This is exactly what happened at UGA in 2014 I believe. No players suspended in that case, players had to make restitution to the University.

This is all unsubstantiated but I did get it from someone who usually has their stuff together.

Im here in Ft. Myers Florida and That ain't the rumor I'm startin.

Reactions: 8 people

Which is exactly why I was not buying the initial rumor.

IF true....

Then Callaway needs to give up football and persue his true talent in life: crime.

But yeah. IF true...then what I've been saying all year so far is coming true sooner than I even thought...the wheels on the Gators train are slowwwwly starting to wobble....

From "Inside the Gators" website.....

"Damn.....Callaway, Zaire and three defensive starters racked up 150k on 3 different females credit cards. Unbelievably dumb. There goes our season".

Tifwiw, aflcio, uoeno, eieio

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back