Former KY QB 5 bills

Seriously good luck to him. He could be a real inspiration to a lot of people if he can show a significant life change. I'm glad he's attacking this head on and using lifestyle change as his method of losing weight and getting healthy.

Reactions: 5 people
Making fun of a guy who has struggled with weight his entire life? Wow that shows some real class.

Lighten up bud, unless there is a diagnosed disease that causes weight game, people dont "struggle with weigth," they either eat too much or are not active enough.

But for his sake, i hope he is able to do the things necessary to get within a healthy range.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Haven't thought about J Load in a long time. That can of biscuits can really lob a football.

Yeah ok. Lol.

Really? He's right. Unless they have a medical or physical condition that limits a person's ability to be mobile or exercise,
It's actually pretty simple. Burn more calories than you take in. It's not rocket science. If you have a slow metabolism then you can raise it by eating smaller, more frequent meals and exercise.

Again.. if a person feels they are overweight, eat foods with less calories, eat more frequently with smaller portions, and get some sort of exercise to build muscle because muscle burns fat.

Reactions: 3 people
Really? He's right. Unless they have a medical or physical condition that limits a person's ability to be mobile or exercise,
It's actually pretty simple. Burn more calories than you take in. It's not rocket science. If you have a slow metabolism then you can raise it by eating smaller, more frequent meals and exercise.

Again.. if a person feels they are overweight, eat foods with less calories, eat more frequently with smaller portions, and get some sort of exercise to build muscle because muscle burns fat.

In our society now, people make every attempt to avoid personal accountability. So its considered taboo to actual say what is happening. Instead you have to say things like struggling with their weight.

Reactions: 7 people
In our society now, people make every attempt to avoid personal accountability. So its considered taboo to actual say what is happening. Instead you have to say things like struggling with their weight.

The only struggle is that people likes things that taste good and eat a lot of it. Plus it's the way they make food taste, especially processed foods. It has frosting or sugar or is salty .. it's all foods that we crave.

Whole foods are the way to go.. the less processed the better. Less calories, less fat, and better nutrition.

Maybe because for some it actually is a struggle; don't just paint with such a broad brush. It's not as cut and dry for every overweight person as you're making it out to be.

Maybe because for some it actually is a struggle; don't just paint with such a broad brush. It's not as cut and dry for every overweight person as you're making it out to be.

Unless their is an underlying medical or physical condition then no.. it's not a struggle. It's a lifestyle choice and choices they make. It's choices in what they eat, what they buy, how much they eat, and what they choose to do with any free time they have. They can sit and watch TV all day or.when off work or.get up and go do something.

And for most people it's not this drastic change in lifestyle that's required, usually just being smart about what you put in your body and a little discipline.

My mother wasnt happy with her weight. She is always active, cutting grass, gardening, taking care of her mother, but at 62 she was getting pudgy.

She stopped eating or drinking anything with processed sugar. Only lifestyle change she made. She lost 25 pounds in 5;months.

That's it.. all she did. No trips to the gym, no salads every meal, no extra walking or running, just 1 little simple dietary change.

But she had 1 thing most don't, self discipline. She said the hardest part was giving up her sweet tea. Lol She used a sugar substitute to sweeten it and complained it didn't taste the same.

It is pretty much that simple. Lifestyle choices are what make the difference. Personally I could care less if someone is overweight or not.. that's their business. But don't eat Yugo food and expect to have a Ferrari body. It ain't happening.

And yes, I do understand that some are genetically predisposed to store fat more easily than others, that's why diet and watching what you eat is so important. It can be a little harder for those folks but if they do just a little research and exercise some self discipline then weight won't be a problem.

Blame anyone they want, food manufacturers, doctors, genetics, but ultimately it's the person in the mirror making the choices.

Reactions: 4 people

Struggle with what? Eating too much or not being active enough? Because outside of an actual medical condition, this is what effects people being overweight. You can not like it, but its true.

Unless their is an underlying medical or physical condition then no.. it's not a struggle. It's a lifestyle choice and choices they make. It's choices in what they eat, what they buy, how much they eat, and what they choose to do with any free time they have. They can sit and watch TV all day or.when off work or.get up and go do something.

And for most people it's not this drastic change in lifestyle that's required, usually just being smart about what you put in your body and a little discipline.

My mother wasnt happy with her weight. She is always active, cutting grass, gardening, taking care of her mother, but at 62 she was getting pudgy.

She stopped eating or drinking anything with processed sugar. Only lifestyle change she made. She lost 25 pounds in 5;months.

That's it.. all she did. No trips to the gym, no salads every meal, no extra walking or running, just 1 little simple dietary change.

But she had 1 thing most don't, self discipline. She said the hardest part was giving up her sweet tea. Lol She used a sugar substitute to sweeten it and complained it didn't taste the same.

It is pretty much that simple. Lifestyle choices are what make the difference. Personally I could care less if someone is overweight or not.. that's their business. But don't eat Yugo food and expect to have a Ferrari body. It ain't happening.

And yes, I do understand that some are genetically predisposed to store fat more easily than others, that's why diet and watching what you eat is so important. It can be a little harder for those folks but if they do just a little research and exercise some self discipline then weight won't be a problem.

Blame anyone they want, food manufacturers, doctors, genetics, but ultimately it's the person in the mirror making the choices.

I have an uncle that cut out desserts (except special occasions) coke and pizza and he lost 20 poinds in no time.

Reactions: 1 person

You and the ones who think this way are just wrong. It displays a simplistic way of thinking from people who know next to nothing about food addiction and obesity. Keep thinking like its 1950 if it makes you feel better.

You and the ones who think this way are just wrong. It displays a simplistic way of thinking from people who know next to nothing about food addiction and obesity. Keep thinking like its 1950 if it makes you feel better.

Calories in/ Calories out

That is the only thing that truly matters unless you think your body is capable of beating the Law of Thermodynamics. Even people with actual medical issues that affects their weight can lose it. They just have to go on slightly lower than average caloric deficits.

Food addiction, sex addiction, etc; all these "addictions" that have no correlation with substance abuse except for the brain's release of Dopamine are also only about self indulgence and people with weak wills. Who would have guessed that people like doing things that feel or taste good. It only takes a touch of discipline to beat those addictions.

The real issue is that no one likes taking responsibility for their issues. "It' can't be my fault I'm fat, so it must be my genetics or a medical disorder." Now, that line of thought has evolved-- devolved?-- to the point where people try to argue that obesity is normal and beautiful to try and lie to themselves even more.

Last edited:

Not all rules change with time bud. One of those is calorie comsumption. A professor did an experiment where he eat 1500 calories in nothing but gas station food. The guy still lost weigth. I am a ling distance runner. When i sprain an ankle and takes a couple months to get back to speed i drop my calorie intake. Barring a medical condition anyone can do it, most just lack the self discipline to do so. If we are so wrong please explain how, instead of just telling us we are wrong.

Calories in/ Calories out

That is the only thing that truly matters unless you think your body is capable of beating the Law of Thermodynamics. Even people with actual medical issues that affects their weight can lose it. They just have to go on slightly lower than average caloric deficits.

Food addiction, sex addiction, etc; all these "addictions" that have no correlation with substance abuse except for the brain's release of Dopamine are also only about self indulgence and people with weak wills. Who would have guessed that people like doing things that feel or taste good. It only takes a touch of discipline to beat those addictions.

The real issue is that no one likes taking responsibility for their issues. "It' can't be my fault I'm fat, so it must be my genetics or a medical disorder." Now, that line of thought has evolved-- devolved?-- to the point where people try to argue that obesity is normal and beautiful to try and lie to themselves even more.

Yep, ive seen studies of people that have eaten junk food but limited calorie intake and they still lose weight. They wont enjoy the benefit of the healthy food, but they still lose weight.

So everyone that is overweight now has a food addiction? It's not their fault, right? I wish it was 1950, there weren't as many whiny, "it's not my fault" types around back then and I wouldn't have to listen to as much bull****.

Ok.. I'll.give you that one..bsay there is a legitimate 5% with a food addiction.

What about he other 95%?

Who's sit in their ass, eat 5000 calories a day, and wonder why they are overweight?

And then when they do try and do something about it, they don't follow common sense practices, don't do any research, go to the gym 4 days a week for 30 minutes with a body that is used to zero training so they stay sore, and wonder why they fail? So along come someone, pats them on the back and tells them it's not their fault, they have a food addiction.

Gimme a break. That in a nutshell is societies problem, it's not MY fault.. I have a food addiction.

Sad thing is they don't have to do all that. Simple diet changes and some self control would fix most weight problems , even without exercise. Exercise helps because it revs up the metabolism and builds muscle, but again.. burn more than you take in. Smaller more frequent meals.

Another issue is portion size. How many times do you see someone eat more than 1 plate? I see it a lot. Americans are used to having food available 24/7. Fast food on every corner, convenience stores, cheap mass produced processed foods. Very few in this country eat the way we should.

I went to Bulgsria on a training mission. Visited 3 different cities and saw ONE fast food restaurant and no one was in it.... And it was in a heavy tourist area. They eat whole foods, meats, cheeses, and vinegar based dressings. I saw very little obesity. Older women , and tourist basically. The population as a whole was no where near as overweight as what you typically see here and the food was wonderful. And this would be considered a "poor" country by American standard and those people eat like Kings. Actually, they eat like our grandparents did.

So if the food addiction angle makes you feel better run with it, if you know someone with a weight problem and they claim that, I hope they get treatment and get healthy. If they truly don't have a food addiction, you need.to either slap the crap out of them and tell them to take responsibility for themselves or try to educate them.

It's always easier to do things the easy way when someone gives you a crutch to lean on.

Last edited:
So everyone that is overweight now has a food addiction? It's not their fault, right? I wish it was 1950, there weren't as many whiny, "it's not my fault" types around back then and I wouldn't have to listen to as much bull****.

Ok.. I'll.give you that one..bsay there is a legitimate 5% with a food addiction.

What about he other 95%?

Who's sit in their ass, eat 5000 calories a day, and wonder why they are overweight?

And then when they do try and do something about it, they don't follow common sense practices, don't do any research, go to the gym 4 days a week for 30 minutes with a body that is used to zero training so they stay sore, and wonder why they fail? So along come someone, pats them on the back and tells them it's not their fault, they have a food addiction.

Gimme a break. That in a nutshell if societies problem, it's not MY fault.. I have a food addiction.

Sad thing is they don't have to do all that. Simple diet changes and some self control would fix most weight problems , even without exercise. Exercise helps because it revs up the metabolism and builds muscle, but again.. burn more than you take in. Smaller more frequent meals.

Another issue is portion size. How many times do you see someone eat more than 1 plate? I see it a lot. Americans are use do having food available 24/7. Fast food on every corner, convenience stores, cheap mass produced processed foods. Very fresh in this country eat the way we should.

I went to Bulgsria on a training mission. Visited 3 different cities and saw ONE fast food restaurant and no one was in it.... And it was in a heavy tourist area. They eat whole foods, meats, cheeses, and vinegar based dressings. I saw very little obesity. Older women , and tourist basically. The population as a whole was no where near as overweight as what you typically see here and the food was wonderful. And this would be considered a "poor" country by American standard and those people eat like Kings. Actually, they eat like our grandparents did.

So if the food addiction angle makes you feel better run with it, if you know someone with a weight problem and they claim that, I hope they get treatment and get healthy. If they truly don't have a food addiction, yoi need.to either slap the crap out of them and tell them to take responsibility for themselves or try to educate themselves.

It's always easier to do things the easy way when someone gives you a crutch to lean on.

That new copper skillet is the stuff man. You can cook fish, chicken etc with no butter or oil required. Folks have no idea how many calories are added to food because of the additives used to cook it.

That new copper skillet is the stuff man. You can cook fish, chicken etc with no butter or oil required. Folks have no idea how many calories are added to food because of the additives used to cook it.

I don't know man.. I like my butter lol.

Last night I grilled a porterhouse. I slathered that sucker in butter and rubbed it in really good.. added my seasoning and Bam.. mouth watering heaven lol.

But you're right. People drown everything nowadays to give it flavor. I say enjoy the taste of your food, not the condiments.

This is another whole conversation but even vegetable don't taste as good as they used to. Compare an heirloom or home-grown tomato to one you typically get at a store nowadays. Not even close as far as the consistency and taste. I can eat a home-grown tomato like an apple. Most you buy now are mushy, mealy, tasteless little things.

It's sad good tasting food is so hard to get nowadays because people don't know the difference.

I may have to try that copper skillet though.

I don't know man.. I like my butter lol.

Last night I grilled a porterhouse. I slathered that sucker in butter and rubbed it in really good.. added my seasoning and Bam.. mouth watering heaven lol.

But you're right. People drown everything nowadays to give it flavor. I say enjoy the taste of your food, not the condiments.

This is another whole conversation but even vegetable don't taste as good as they used to. Compare an heirloom or home-grown tomato to one you typically get at a store nowadays. Not even close as far as the consistency and taste. I can eat a home-grown tomato like an apple. Most you buy now are mushy, mealy, tasteless little things.

It's sad good tasting food is so hard to get nowadays because people don't know the difference.

I may have to try that copper skillet though.
I dont garden, but had a neighbor once tell me i could come get food anytime i wanted. Id go over every now and then and had a whole salad out of his garden, good stuff.

I eat raw vegtables and hummus for lunch everyday. Its amazing how great you can feel after a week or so of cutting out sugar and junk.

But yeah, i love butter too, so im real selective when i eat it.

VN Store

Back