Found this little gem over on a Georgia forum...

Booker512

"LtUSMCNole said... (original post)
This UF team still only has 69 scholarship players and 25 of them are from the '17 recruiting class. They only have the about 5 contributors left over from the '13 and '14 classes. That means the bulk of their two deep are coming from their two lowest rated recruiting classes from the '15 and '16 class. A large amount of the starters are wither going to be second or first year players. That is not what you want to see about your team as a fan.
Go back and see how many players are left on FSU team from those two classes. The difference is eye opening.
UF is in for a rough year as they don't have the depth to compete with FSU, LSU, UGA, etc and they will be at a significant talent disadvantage. They only had two players in SI Top 100 and none in ESPN Top 50. They have also swapped out good position coaches for mercenary recruiting coaches. They are likely in for a rough year."

Apparently they got it off of an FSU forum.

Isn't the internets great? :)

Reactions: 7 people
From tigerboard (Mizzou):

The schedule looks really nice.

I am excited to see if a more physical defense emerges. Last year was a big dud there.

I am confident that the offense will score.*

We aren't too far away.*
1. Georgia
2. Florida
3. Mizzou
4. Tennessee
5. Kentucky
6. S.Carolina
7. Vanderbilt

And this was one of the replies:

It should be a good season

1. Florida
2. Mizzou
3. Georgia
4. South Carolina
5. Kentucky
6. Vanderbilt
7. Tennessee

Reactions: 4 people
From tigerboard (Mizzou):

The schedule looks really nice.

I am excited to see if a more physical defense emerges. Last year was a big dud there.

I am confident that the offense will score.*

We aren't too far away.*
1. Georgia
2. Florida
3. Mizzou
4. Tennessee
5. Kentucky
6. S.Carolina
7. Vanderbilt

And this was one of the replies:

It should be a good season

1. Florida
2. Mizzou
3. Georgia
4. South Carolina
5. Kentucky
6. Vanderbilt
7. Tennessee

They are doing to us what a lot of fans hope for about Bama. "Well so-and-so finally graduated and a few guys went pro. They'll drop off and now's our chance."

Nah fam. We're just reloading

Reactions: 8 people
Mizzous offense will probably be pretty good but I just don't see them making that big of a jump although I could see them passing UK and Vanderbilt

Reactions: 2 people
I went over to the Noles forum to be nosey. Found a thread with them talking junk about FL.

""Muschamp's kids are all but gone and I don't believe Randy Shannon is the same caliber DC as what they've been used to. I do expect their offense to improve but defense falls off a cliff and they lose at least four games. I ALMOST feel bad for them.""

""I'm not sure UF losing 4 games at this point is falling off. There are obviously some outliers, but they're averaging almost 5 losses a season since 2010.
2016: 9-4
2015: 10-4
2014: 7-5
2013: 4-8
2012: 11-2
2011: 7-6
2010: 8-5""

""At one time Shannon was a great DC and was on schedule to be a really good HC. But that was a while ago. He is no longer considered a top notch coordinator. He has much to prove, and if they don't perform well for him will be heading to the hinterlands for the rest of his career. I think with their injuries that could be in for a problematic year with their defense. And for the life of me, I don't see a QB that can make their offense take a step forward. Been wrong before, but I think they might be in for a surprisingly tough season.""

""This is one of the main things for me. They've been loaded on defense in recent years, I just don't see the same type of talent. They have CC Jefferson but who else on their defense is on his level or who else on their defense did we even recruit? Not that our defensive recruiting is a perfect barometer but we've had very few battles with them the last few years.""

Noles fans don't see much going for the Gators this season. Seems they are more worried about Miami getting the wheels back turning again. Doesn't seem many of them are too afraid of Mcelwain either.

Reactions: 1 person
This UF team still only has 69 scholarship players and 25 of them are from the '17 recruiting class. They only have the about 5 contributors left over from the '13 and '14 classes. That means the bulk of their two deep are coming from their two lowest rated recruiting classes from the '15 and '16 class. A large amount of the starters are wither going to be second or first year players. That is not what you want to see about your team as a fan.
Go back and see how many players are left on FSU team from those two classes. The difference is eye opening.
UF is in for a rough year as they don't have the depth to compete with FSU, LSU, UGA, etc and they will be at a significant talent disadvantage. They only had two players in SI Top 100 and none in ESPN Top 50. They have also swapped out good position coaches for mercenary recruiting coaches. They are likely in for a rough year."

Apparently the pollsters overlooked those facts. :)

I been saying Florida is in for a rough year this season.

7-5 has been my prediction.

Yep. That's what I've been thinking.

When I was reading the Gators forums and when their camp started and guys starting talking the roster and it was like little light bulbs going off in the comments. "Wait. How did we get so thin at ------" or "man, the linebacker depth chart is....gross....this could be a problem"....

Sobering up. Lololol

Why would FSU be worried about UF, they own them, have a NC coach, and an elite roster. They aren't one and forever vs UF. Not remotely the same situation as UT.

Why would FSU be worried about UF, they own them, have a NC coach, and an elite roster. They aren't one and forever vs UF. Not remotely the same situation as UT.

Still their in-state rival. Lots of history between those two schools. Especially back in the Bowden-Spurrier days.

They are doing to us what a lot of fans hope for about Bama. "Well so-and-so finally graduated and a few guys went pro. They'll drop off and now's our chance."

Nah fam. We're just reloading

I've heard UGA media on the seccountry.com podcast say the same thing; we'll see.

“When you guys go to like a seafood market or the grocery store, you see all those dead fish on ice? That’s the energy they’re playing with right now,” McElwain said. “How excited are you to hang out with that dead fish? I’m just telling you. Go to the dead fish aisle and look at the fish’s eyes. That’s what bothers me.” -Jim Mcelwain

The more I read about Jim Mcelwain....the more I feel like he might be Floridas version of Dooley....

“When you guys go to like a seafood market or the grocery store, you see all those dead fish on ice? That’s the energy they’re playing with right now,” McElwain said. “How excited are you to hang out with that dead fish? I’m just telling you. Go to the dead fish aisle and look at the fish’s eyes. That’s what bothers me.” -Jim Mcelwain

The more I read about Jim Mcelwain....the more I feel like he might be Floridas version of Dooley....

He seemed to be pretty excited to hang out with that one large dead fish.

Reactions: 12 people

Suck it! They will get a taste of what we endured in 2013 and 2014.

I hope they lose every freaking game!

Gators!

:spank:

Tennesseeduke

Reporter: what kind of offense will you bring to Florida?

Mcelwain: “I always get that. Who are you? Here’s who I am: I’m that dog that dropped off down at the humane society, and he has about every breed in it. Whatever the situation is, you try to bring that breed out that helps success."

Wuttt? :crazy:

I stopped reading at 69 scholarship players.

What would make anyone believe there are only 69 scholarship players on the roster?

How do you not look at that....stop....and go.... wait a minute, that doesn't sound right?

Last edited:
I stopped reading at 69 scholarship players.

What would make anyone believe there are only 69 scholarship players on the roster?

How do you not look at that....stop....and go.... wait a minute, that doesn't sound right?

Its OK, most gator fans have that same problem with reading comprehension. Would you like us to draw pictures for you? :)

He wins too much to be dooley... and a dead fish is common term for a bad bed bang

VN Store

Back