LSU O lineman transferring

That is 5 offensive linemen gone since the last game. What in the name of Les Miles is going on down on the bayou?

This guy was quoted saying, "I can't understand what Coach O is saying and he keeps hitting us with empty Red Bull cans so I'm leaving." :)

Reactions: 7 people
I'm not saying they're panicking yet, but..............

09a48f95874ea464fb770efa235aae63.png

Reactions: 1 person
LSU will take a huge step back under Ed. He is fundamentally the same guy that went 10-25 at Ole Miss. There's no way I'd trust him to run a big time program for an extended length of time.

Last edited:
That is 5 offensive linemen gone since the last game. What in the name of Les Miles is going on down on the bayou?

LSU is about to find out what its like to have a Dooley as HC -- I hope it sets them back 5 years -- their AD is just as big of a buffoon as Hamilton was at UT

Reactions: 2 people
LSU is about to find out what its like to have a Dooley as HC -- I hope it sets them back 5 years -- their AD is just as big of a buffoon as Hamilton was at UT

They've already had that. His name was Curly. They've probably forgotten. I think they're about to learn again

LSU will take a huge step back under Ed. He is fundamentally the same guy that went 10-25 at Ole Miss. There's no way I'd trust him to run a big time program for an extended length of time.

Maybe LSU will take a step back, but I fail to make the connection that has to do with the offensive linemen leaving, specifically, this one in particular and how that is a reflection on Coach O. I mean LSU regularly kicks guys off the team for either not going to class or not doing the work... is there another option that I am not aware of?

There is no doubt that LSU has a huge depth issue at OL, and of course, Maea Teuhema is going to be missed... the others were mostly not SEC material. However, Coach O didn't recruit any of those guys, so again, I am having a hard time making sense other than its just someone you hate.

My take, the OL is the weak point of the team due to lack of depth, how the offense does is really in doubt for sure, but I think the D will be maybe better than last year.... so it comes down to about 3-5 games that LSU will need to get an extra score just like last year. LSU lost 4 games by a total of 23 points last year, more of the same... blow out most of the weaker opponents and hopefully the offense can generate an extra touchdown or fg in the closer games.

I would expect the OL to be the weak point next year as well, as its going to have to be 2 recruiting classes and a huge Jr college recruitment.

I would say the present situation is actually a reflection of inability to recruit OL the last few years by Les, so again, I am kind of confused by the post. Maea Teuhema was a SEC OL but you know you can't lock a player up if they don't want to go to be a student.

Another position that has had a lot of transfers is WR, but I actually think LSU will have a very much more explosive WR Corp than last year.... although they will be less experienced.

I remember when LSU was just a W in the win column

The days of Dinardo will soon return to the Bayou

Its funny, Saban brought them out of the wasteland like he did Alabama

Alabama will do the same when Saban is gone. It might take several years, but it will happen

Maybe LSU will take a step back, but I fail to make the connection that has to do with the offensive linemen leaving, specifically, this one in particular and how that is a reflection on Coach O. I mean LSU regularly kicks guys off the team for either not going to class or not doing the work... is there another option that I am not aware of?

There is no doubt that LSU has a huge depth issue at OL, and of course, Maea Teuhema is going to be missed... the others were mostly not SEC material. However, Coach O didn't recruit any of those guys, so again, I am having a hard time making sense other than its just someone you hate.

My take, the OL is the weak point of the team due to lack of depth, how the offense does is really in doubt for sure, but I think the D will be maybe better than last year.... so it comes down to about 3-5 games that LSU will need to get an extra score just like last year. LSU lost 4 games by a total of 23 points last year, more of the same... blow out most of the weaker opponents and hopefully the offense can generate an extra touchdown or fg in the closer games.

I would expect the OL to be the weak point next year as well, as its going to have to be 2 recruiting classes and a huge Jr college recruitment.

I would say the present situation is actually a reflection of inability to recruit OL the last few years by Les, so again, I am kind of confused by the post. Maea Teuhema was a SEC OL but you know you can't lock a player up if they don't want to go to be a student.

Another position that has had a lot of transfers is WR, but I actually think LSU will have a very much more explosive WR Corp than last year.... although they will be less experienced.

OT Willie Allen is a 5* that had potential starter talent. Seth Stewart is a 2017 recruit at OT, who recruited him then?

If Teuhema doesn't want to go to class, why is Orgeron releasing him to 4 power 5 teams?

OT Willie Allen is a 5* that had potential starter talent. Seth Stewart is a 2017 recruit at OT, who recruited him then?

Willie Allen was a project at best, playing time for him was down the road. Seth came and got about a week into the summer and couldn't take the heat... happens from time to time.. Seth wasn't going to be playing any football at LSU and was signed by coach O, all the rest where not in this class... not seeing the point. Seth as far as I know hasn't asked for his release, I don't think he is playing football period. Either way there was no other quality OL in the mix so it doesn't matter I don't think.

If Teuhema doesn't want to go to class, why is Orgeron releasing him to 4 power 5 teams?

Because he asked for his release, as he was suspended indefinitely. Don't worry, LSU does it all the time... literally there is 1-3 guys that don't go to class or do the work. Now Teuhema's brother was let go... from I was told he was just cray cray, but I have no personal knowledge... that was under Les last summer. The guy that really didn't want to go to school was Robinson a few years back... literally he was suspended a whole year... still didn't want to go.... just dismissed him from the team... he was draft by the 49ers and is doing pretty well for them... literally barely got to play for 2 year... didn't want to go to school.

Coach O is going to have to come up with some kind of solution as the 2017 class is just so so in the OL and the 2018 class is not loaded at all in Louisiana at OL. He is going to have to get some out of state guys and junior college guys. They are going to have to weather the storm at OL though... no doubt there... but I don't see what that directly has to do with Coach O at this point. Canada is going to have to earn his money... more so in 2018. Just my take, we'll see... I actually thought LSU football was very enjoyable to watch last year after Les was let go.... whether coach O can get things going in that direction remains to be seen. What I do know, what was going on was not working anymore on any level except in Les's head.

Last edited:
Willie Allen was a project at best, playing time for him was down the road. Seth came and got about a week into the summer and couldn't take the heat... happens from time to time.. Seth wasn't going to be playing any football at LSU and was signed by coach O, all the rest where not in this class... not seeing the point.

Because he asked for his release, as he was suspended indefinitely. Don't worry, LSU does it all the time... literally there is 1-3 guys that don't go to class or do the work. Now Teuhema's brother was let go... from I was told he was just cray cray, but I have no personal knowledge... that was under Les last summer. The guy that really didn't want to go to school was Robinson a few years back... literally he was suspended a whole year... still didn't want to go.... just dismissed him from the team... he was draft by the 49ers and is doing pretty well for them... literally barely got to play for 2 year... didn't want to go to school.

Guy, anyone takes the time to visit tigerdroppings, or tigerfan and it becomes apparent fast that they aren't buying what you're selling. You're getting some very unusual attrition on the OL and particularly OT. The 5 defensive guys that left also and Arden Key's, summer of me, has a lot of Cajuns on many a thread wondering what's going on.

Guy, anyone takes the time to visit tigerdroppings, or tigerfan and it becomes apparent fast that they aren't buying what you're selling. You're getting some very unusual attrition on the OL and particularly OT. The 5 defensive guys that left also and Arden Key's, summer of me, has a lot of Cajuns on many a thread wondering what's going on.

First, I am not selling you dam thing. Second, I never said or implied anything that you are saying... I never said there wasn't a lot attrition at the OL. Heck, there has been attrition at every position, so?

You should have seen it after your hobbit coach left, Les only signed 15 recruits and only about 5 of them played any ball. Les took chances on major projects in 2015... which is why LSU has a shortage now at OT... MT was not a project but there are rules for being on the team. At the end of the day, not sure what this has to do with Coach O... but he does take over the problem. MT is a big lose.... the other guys leaving is just the realization of the truth... it wasn't happening or happening at the pace they thought. Seth I don't even think is playing football as far as LSU knows, or the last I heard. LOL

This is nothing compared to when the hobbit left... heck it was basically a whole recruiting class wiped off the map.

Last edited:
First, I am not selling you dam thing. Second, I never said or implied anything that you are saying... I never said there wasn't a lot attrition at the OL. Heck, there has been attrition at every position, so?

You should have seen it after your hobbit coach left, Les only signed 15 recruits and only about 5 of them played any ball. Les took chances on major projects in 2015... which is why LSU has a shortage now at OT... MT was not a project but there rules for being on the team. At the end of the day, not sure what this has to do with Coach O... but he does take over the problem.

This is nothing compared to when the hobbit left... heck it was basically a whole recruiting class wiped off the map.

I'm taking the time to point out what hill LSU has to pull. Just take Oregon out of it for a minute, if you are going to put 3 and 4 WRs on the field and start a QB with back issues and close practice so you can implement all this change to an open aerial assault, the OL will be very important to that end.

If all the linemen had stayed in place this would still be a challenge in the offensive scheme of things. Pass protection is not what you guys do best. Big difference between classic power run blocking and a Canada coached pro style spread attack.

I'm taking the time to point out what hill LSU has to pull. Just take Oregon out of it for a minute, if you are going to put 3 and 4 WRs on the field and start a QB with back issues and close practice so you can implement all this change to an open aerial assault, the OL will be very important to that end.

If all the linemen had stayed in place this would still be a challenge in the offensive scheme of things. Pass protection is not what you guys do best. Big difference between classic power run blocking and a Canada coached pro style spread attack.

Of course, you have a new OC, I never claimed anything was easy, the OL will be the weak link for the next few years and it doesn't matter what Coach O does. Canada will have to earn his money.

The misconception is Canada has an air attack, which is true he has run more open offenses but actually at Wisconsin and Pitt they were rushing attacks first and foremost.

Pitt was 28th in rushing last year and 78th in passing. I really don't think you are going to see Danny drop back into a 7-step drop 50 times a game. He'll take his Pitt offense scheme and change it to LSU's scheme and personnel.

- HB runs
- WR jet sweeps
- TE inside pitches
- option toss pitches
- occasional trick type plays which Pitt runs multiple a game, they are not really trick plays as they run them all the time... i.e. OL screens, OL runs, etc LOL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unHux7Do0og

In his world, this takes the pressure off not only the QB but also the traditional running game. If that doesn't work... Canada is willing to change everything scrap what isn't working or implement it differently.

Wide open offense... no way. The appearance of it, sure.

Pitt was a running football team.

I am not saying in any way LSU will be great this year, but still if the D performs... basically it narrows it to 3-5 games where they have to score any points at all.

Of course, all of this still requires a OL of some type... I think that is more of a problem for 2018 though... of course 2-3 injuries and its walk-on time.

We'll see... I am excited to see what they do... I think LSU was very fun to watch last year after Les was let go... other than the Florida game. I think it was a fun year to watch... more of the same and I think that would be okay... even if there are some losses.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Of course, you have a new OC, I never claimed anything was easy, the OL will be the weak link for the next few years and it doesn't matter what Coach O does. Canada will have to earn his money.

The misconception is Canada has an air attack, which is true he has run more open offenses but actually at Wisconsin and Pitt they were rushing attacks first and foremost.

Pitt was 28th in rushing last year and 78th in passing. I really don't think you are going to see Danny drop back into a 7-step drop 50 times a game. He'll take his Pitt offense scheme and change it to LSU's scheme and personnel.

- HB runs
- WR jet sweeps
- TE inside pitches
- option toss pitches
- occasional trick type plays which Pitt runs multiple a game, they are not really trick plays as they run them all the time... i.e. OL screens, OL runs, etc LOL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unHux7Do0og

In his world, this takes the pressure off not only the QB but also the traditional running game. If that doesn't work... Canada is willing to change everything scrap what isn't working or implement it differently.

Wide open offense... no way. The appearance of it, sure.

Pitt was a running football team.

I am not saying in any way LSU will be great this year, but still if the D performs... basically it narrows it to 3-5 games where they have to score any points at all.

Of course, all of this still requires a OL of some type... I think that is more of a problem for 2018 though... of course 2-3 injuries and its walk-on time.

We'll see... I am excited to see what they do... I think LSU was very fun to watch last year after Les was let go... other than the Florida game. I think it was a fun year to watch... more of the same and I think that would be okay... even if there are some losses.

I believe my point is in there, somewhere. Canada won't be able to implement what all of us saw in Pittsburg. He'll run 10 different looks and a lot of the same base plays. He's noted for adapting to what he has and what he has are good running backs, a suspect OL, average QB, and WRs that don't really strike fear into the heart of the better SEC teams. Including your latest safety move.

LSU will play 4 or 5 games where all this matters most. But those 4 or 5 games got Miles fired. I suppose BYU will be your first acid test.

LSU will play 4 or 5 games where all this matters most. But those 4 or 5 games got Miles fired. I suppose BYU will be your first acid test.

More or less.

My guess LSU's window doesn't open back up until 2020-21, as the 2019 recruiting class should be significantly better. In the meantime, if the D holds steady.... any improvement in special teams and if Canada get a little more going in the tough games, who knows?

Canada's job is easy and hard at the same time... LSU didn't/doesn't need a whole bunch more scoring... however, the depleted OL is not going away any time soon. Somewhere, sometime, someone has to block. Canada will have to earn his money, if he scores 17-21 in the tough games, he's done his job to me.... time will tell. I would be very surprised if Danny boy is take 50 7-step drops a game... get ready for HB sweeps, WR sweeps, inside tosses, OL run plays, OL pass plays, and Guice up the gut. (I have no idea if this will work in the SEC).

My take, they are going to lose some games... hopefully its a fun year like last year either way.

I remain suspect whether his current Pitt system works a full year as is, in the SEC, but he will have to change it and adjust to survive. The reason why he was a good hire at least on paper by most people:

Pitt beat Clemson, which beat Bama... Clemson was playing at home, and actually played well. Pitt had 356 yards at half-time, Alabama in the loss had 376 yards the whole game against Clemson at a neutral site. When you put it in perspective that recruiting at Pitt with the following class ranks via 247sport #43 (2012), #32 (2013), #44 (2014), #46 (2015), and #30 (2016) and Bama had the #1 class from 2012-2016... there is no surprise that there was major interest in Canada. I don't think he does anything crazy complex... he will use your tendency against you though. I remain suspect as to whether this works, but it will be interesting to see what adjustments are made.

Open offense, maybe, aerial attack... no way. Disguise and adjustment, we'll see the first few weeks whether this will work. I really doubt the pitch dive from the I would work this year either way, which was what Les would do.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back