Va Tech Inducts Michael Vick Into Hokies Hall Of Fame

I love dogs so much. Based on what I know about Vick, I think he's done his time. He seems to have truly been rehabilitated and he's been making restitution with the animal kingdom.

Reactions: 2 people
One of the best college players I've ever seen, and a joy to watch on the field.

He seems a changed guy from the off-field incidents, we all do stupid stuff and the NFL lets people play who have done much worse. He's moved on, and so should others.

Reactions: 2 people
Im all for paying what you owe.

He's a HoFer at VT, and if he has gotten himself together after serving his time, then good for him.

Reactions: 1 person
Good for him.

What he did was terrible, but he did serve time. He seems to actually be remorseful

Agree with most in here. He paid his punishment and appears to be a changed man for it.

I think he clearly belongs.

This might be naive but I think Vick's transgressions were for more out of ignorance than evil. He was still in the wrong but didn't realize how bad torturing animals can be. I think it was more of "I'm a human and it's dog who cares what happens to them" instead of evil intentions of getting pleasure from torturing dogs. What he did was bad, and he lost millions/served his time...he's also really done a lot of awareness about animal treatment and done a lot of service to that cause.

One of the best college players I've ever seen, and a joy to watch on the field.

He seems a changed guy from the off-field incidents, we all do stupid stuff and the NFL lets people play who have done much worse. He's moved on, and so should others.

One of the best you have ever seen?? Really? Wow.

This might be naive but I think Vick's transgressions were for more out of ignorance than evil. He was still in the wrong but didn't realize how bad torturing animals can be. I think it was more of "I'm a human and it's dog who cares what happens to them" instead of evil intentions of getting pleasure from torturing dogs. What he did was bad, and he lost millions/served his time...he's also really done a lot of awareness about animal treatment and done a lot of service to that cause.

I get where you are coming from but disagree completely. Vick passed high school, the ACT/SAT and got into VT. That at least takes a small amount of common sense and intelligence. It doesnt take a genius to know that fighting dogs is tortuous and wrong on all levels. If Vick was a severely mentally hadicapped individual that honestly didnt realize what he was doing, then I would completely agree with you. Thats just not the case. Vick knew exactly what he was doing. He wanted to make extra money by fighting dogs.

Vick has served his time. But he does not deserve anything that resembles sympathy or a pass.

This. It was a horrible mistake, but he served his time and appears to have changed his ways. I don't think it's any reason for him to be barred from anything like this at this point.

Mistake??? It was much more than that it was a his lifestyle.

I get where you are coming from but disagree completely. Vick passed high school, the ACT/SAT and got into VT. That at least takes a small amount of common sense and intelligence. It doesnt take a genius to know that fighting dogs is tortuous and wrong on all levels. If Vick was a severely mentally hadicapped individual that honestly didnt realize what he was doing, then I would completely agree with you. Thats just not the case. Vick knew exactly what he was doing. He wanted to make extra money by fighting dogs.

Vick has served his time. But he does not deserve anything that resembles sympathy or a pass.

I doubt that he was in it for the money. More likely it was for fun (gambling).

Even smart people can be raised wrong. Did he have parents teaching him that dog fighting was bad or did he grew up in a culture that embraced it? Most people have zero problem eating veal. Look at the videos of how those animals are raised and make a case for why it's okay.

He said IN COLLEGE.

In college I'd tend to agree. He was a special player at VT.

Wow you really thought he was that good in college? Was he electrifying? Yes. But beyond that, what made him qualify as some kind of all time great, one of the best players ever type? I am just genuinely curious.

VN Store

Back