What is going on with Alabama recruiting?

xpsyclonex2002

I don't post in the recruiting section much but I've got to ask what in the world is going on with Alabama's recruiting right now? I'm not rooting for those SOB's but I'm shocked to see them at this point in the season this far down in the rankings. I hope they stay there but I don't count on it. I just find it super peculiar that with just a few weeks away till kickoff of college football season that they only have six recruits and none of them are five stars. I know you guys keep up with all that crap and can get me up to speed in a hurry.

It's the beginning of the end for Saban's magical run. Only so long it could happen. I think kids are finally wising up.

Reactions: 2 people
Other Power Five programs may be catching up with the Tide as far as having complementary coaches on their staffs as well. Saban was the first to add experienced coaches to help just break down game film as well as scheme against the opponent's tendencies. I feel that these extra coaches have allowed the core position coaches to spend more time on the recruiting trail. Other schools have caught on to this (the ones with a budget large enough) and have mimicked what the successful have done.

Reactions: 1 person
It's the beginning of the end for Saban's magical run. Only so long it could happen. I think kids are finally wising up.

That's just it, what are they wizening up to? That they're almost guaranteed a national championship ring during the course of their four to five years playing on the team even if they never see the field? I just don't get it. Is it just plain fatigue from here in about Alabama year after year after year? Have they become the team that everybody loves to hate?

That's just it, what are they wizening up to? That they're almost guaranteed a national championship ring during the course of their four to five years playing on the team even if they never see the field? I just don't get it. Is it just plain fatigue from here in about Alabama year after year after year? Have they become the team that everybody loves to hate?

I think they have been hated by every Vol fan at least since Bear roamed the sidelines.

Bama was like 70th during the summer of 2010. Wound up #1 when February rolled around.

That won't happen this year unless tOSU suffers a bunch of decommits. But Bama will still wind up Top 5. Maybe even Top 3.

I'll stop posting forever if Bama doesn't finish top 5. Ain't happening

Last edited:
This is like one of those football forum threads when the Vols trail by 7 half way thru the first qtr and someone declares this the worst UT team ever.

Reactions: 6 people
Bama was like 70th during the summer of 2010. Wound up #1 when February rolled around.

That won't happen this year unless tOSU suffers a bunch of decommits. But Bama will still wind up Top 5. Maybe even Top 3.

Interesting. I guess that means ya'll are also setting up another disappointing 3 loss season. :)

We've hated them for decades. Everyone else are bandwagon haters.

In another time, I'd say it's possible. But the SEC is steaming garbage right now, whereas it was really strong in 2010.

Smh. You believe that media lie?

The SEC has actually never been stronger if you look at the TALENT on the field. 5 of the top 8 teams over the last 4 years in terms of recruiting rank are in the SEC. Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Georgia, and Tennessee are all in the top 8 nationally if we are ranking programs based purely on their 4 year recruiting rank.

Alabama has been dominate the last 3 years but things can change very quickly. I think this year the SEC championship game will actually be competitive and Alabama (if they make it there) will have at least one loss.

Last edited:

The SEC has actually never been stronger if you look at the TALENT on the field. 5 of the top 8 teams over the last 4 years in terms of recruiting rank are in the SEC. Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Georgia, and Tennessee are all in the top 8 nationally if we are ranking programs based purely on their 4 year recruiting rank.

Alabama has been dominate the last 3 years but things can change very quickly. I think this year the SEC championship game will actually be competitive and Alabama (if they make it there) will have at least one loss.

Talent? Yes.

But the coaching has negated the talent.

Coaching is at a new low.

VN Store

Back