ETSU playing Kentucky in Hoops

Reactions: 4 people
Haha! I'm just messing with you SD! I do hate ETSU though. They were a rival from my App State days when we were in Southern Conference.

Who gives a s***!!! UK will embarrass ETSU. Not that it bothers me in the least. Why do you think people care?
It will be interesting to compare the scores of ETSU at Rupp and Tennessee at Rupp, no?? Forbes as always has reloaded. A regular conference championship, a tournament championship, and an NCAA bid in his second year, coupled with being a primary cog in the best 5 years in Tennessee basketball history is putting him on track to be the next head coach at the University of Tennessee.

It will be interesting to compare the scores of ETSU at Rupp and Tennessee at Rupp, no?? Forbes as always has reloaded. A regular conference championship, a tournament championship, and an NCAA bid in his second year, coupled with being a primary cog in the best 5 years in Tennessee basketball history is putting him on track to be the next head coach at the University of Tennessee.

I'd be up for that

Reactions: 1 person
I know you just want to bust on SD, but there's no reason UT should ever only beat ETSU by four.
The score was tied 65-65 at 1:49. A different bounce of the ball and the score would have been reversed. I was there. PS Detrick Mostella was on fire and scored 25. 3 weeks later he was off the team.

SD's world: where comparing scores matters, except when it doesn't work in his favor, and then it's just a fluke that didn't mean anything.

Reactions: 3 people
SD's world: where comparing scores matters, except when it doesn't work in his favor, and then it's just a fluke that didn't mean anything.
Contrary to the statement that Tennessee should never win by 4, I said a while back the teams were evenly matched and would have split 10 games. This is coming from someone who actually knows college basketball. Most would agree with me.

Contrary to the statement that Tennessee should never win by 4, I said a while back the teams were evenly matched and would have split 10 games. This is coming from someone who actually knows college basketball. Most would agree with me.

Yes they would split. Tennessee would win 9 times and ETSU would win one.

The X factor is the coaching. 5-5. :hi:

ETSU lost to UT on their home court!? How do you figure an even split? Please don't talk about records because UT's would have been better than ETSU's with the same schedule. You really need to join the rest of us in the real world about this.:crazy::loco::thud::unsure::banghead2::banghead2::banghead2:

Nope. In fact, it will only be slightly more relevant than anything you've ever posted. The bar has been set low.
What really burns me is the FACT that Rick Barnes is afraid to schedule the Mid-Majors in the state unlike those who felt it was good for Tennessee and exposed them at home locations in other areas. This is called placing career (retirement) ahead of what is good for UT. High caliber in state players could well be influenced by seeing the Vols on their home turf early in their careers. A lifetime of thinking they want to play for UT can offset in some cases any recruiting by Kentucky or anybody else. And we wonder why recruiting is so woeful. This is a prime example. I know this is too deep for some. The bar is too high.

Good lord, the ramblings of this senile old fart are hilarious.

Beats his own team at THEIR place with what he constantly calls an inferior team, yet he won't shut up about comparing scores (unless it's the one that counts) and keeps calling Barnes a coward.

Dementia is a hell of a disease.

Reactions: 2 people
Good lord, the ramblings of this senile old fart are hilarious.

Beats his own team at THEIR place with what he constantly calls an inferior team, yet he won't shut up about comparing scores (unless it's the one that counts) and keeps calling Barnes a coward.

Dementia is a hell of a disease.
Sorry if my thought processes are too deep for you to understand. Anyone who would make a BIG deal about a game tied with a minute and a half to go simply does not understand basketball. Maybe 27-8 and an NCAA appearance vs 16-16 is easier to understand but I doubt it.

Sorry if my thought processes are too deep for you to understand. Anyone who would make a BIG deal about a game tied with a minute and a half to go simply does not understand basketball. Maybe 27-8 and an NCAA appearance vs 16-16 is easier to understand but I doubt it.

Something is deep here... but it's not thought processes.

Lol....someone making a BIG deal about point differential really shouldn't be lecturing anyone else about "understanding basketball"; especially one who can't seem to grasp the difference between a Power 5 conference and a lower mid-major one bid conference.

And said 27-8 team couldn't beat said 16-16 team (on their home turf), so basic logic would tell you said 27-8 team wouldn't be 27-8 in the SEC.

The score was tied 65-65 at 1:49. A different bounce of the ball and the score would have been reversed. I was there. PS Detrick Mostella was on fire and scored 25. 3 weeks later he was off the team.

But, it was still a loss, something you claimed wouldn't happen. So, another tally in the "What did SD predict wrong" list.

Reactions: 2 people
So if I understand correctly... Tenn had a 69-68 lead with 2:26 left in the game vs. UNC at Chapel Hill last year, so Tenn really should have won the NC. Is that how this works?

VN Store

Back