Gators win football NC

At first glance, FLA's schedule *looks* easy, but they have MICH and UGA at neutral sites and there is no way they get through their home schedule unscathed (TENN, LSU, TXAM and FSU)

On top of that, they'd have to beat Bama (probably) in the SEC Championship AND win their semifinal game.

At the very best, this seems like an enormous stretch.

Reactions: 2 people
Not sure that I see how Florida's defense will be any better than it was last year... and it wasn't great a year ago.

Besides your traditional 0-12 prediction, how do you think UF fares this year?

Not sure, I need to see our QB (whoever it is) against Michigan first.

With what we lost on defense I'm hardly ready to tab us a NC sleeper.

My expectations are low, starting with scoring an offensive TD against FSU for the first time in three years. Baby steps...

They lose to Michigan and the Vols, starting the year off right at 1-2.

Actually, part of the reason I am really looking forward to this upcoming season is that I think Michigan is going to suck and Harbaugh gets a dose of humility. They lost a ton on defense. Harbaugh has recruited well but they are young. I think Florida beats them... but I do think we have a shot in the Swamp this year. I would favor them playing at home but it will be close.

Not sure, I need to see our QB (whoever it is) against Michigan first.

With what we lost on defense I'm hardly ready to tab us a NC sleeper.

My expectations are low, starting with scoring an offensive TD against FSU for the first time in three years. Baby steps...

Yeah, I was thinking your defense took a pounding with the draft and graduations. If memory serves, your secondary is a bunch of underclassmen, no?

Heh, Phil Steele just went full-out Troll Mode with the Florida fan base.

That, or he's having a seizure and those closest to him don't know it yet.

I hope it's the former, don't want his health to suffer.

Actually, part of the reason I am really looking forward to this upcoming season is that I think Michigan is going to suck and Harbaugh gets a dose of humility. They lost a ton on defense. Harbaugh has recruited well but they are young. I think Florida beats them... but I do think we have a shot in the Swamp this year. I would favor them playing at home but it will be close.

Michigan can go 1-11 for all I care, but I hope they knock off the gators

Reactions: 5 people
Michigan can go 1-11 for all I care, but I hope they knock off the gators

I'm just excited that we'll know what the Gators will be working with for once. It seems we always have an Oregon or Oklahoma or VT before we play them and they have the Citadel or some directional bull**** team and we have no idea until Gameday what they are. Plus it's just great football to see Florida outside of the state Florida playing a big time opponent. Should be a helluva game.

I'm just excited that we'll know what the Gators will be working with for once. It seems we always have an Oregon or Oklahoma or VT before we play them and they have the Citadel or some directional bull**** team and we have no idea until Gameday what they are. Plus it's just great football to see Florida outside of the state Florida playing a big time opponent. Should be a helluva game.

For once? :blink:

We've played Miami on several occasions (2002, 2003, 2008 and 2013) prior to playing you guys.

If sure for some that doesn't count because the games were played in either Gainesville or Miami.

Last edited:
For once? :blink:

We've played Miami on several occasions (2002, 2003, 2008 and 2013) prior to playing you guys.

If sure for some that doesn't count because the games were played in either Gainesville or Miami.

Ok L Dub I'll give you Miami, but you have to admit that the majority of the time you guys have had layups prior to the Tennessee game. I get the whole scheduling thing with FSU, but it's cool to see you guys play someone other than Miami or FSU.

The TV pundits will spin Michigan sucking as an indication that the Big 10 is the toughest conference in the history of the world.

And then when the 2018 season approaches Michigan will be right back in the preseason top 10 along with the likes of FSU, Notre Dame, and Texas who seem to rank high no matter what they've done the season(s) prior. Texas was an exception last year when they were unranked to open the season but beat #10 Notre Dame (who finished 4-8) and then listening to the various shows the ensuing week you'd think Texas was already handed the crystal ball.

Ok L Dub I'll give you Miami, but you have to admit that the majority of the time you guys have had layups prior to the Tennessee game. I get the whole scheduling thing with FSU, but it's cool to see you guys play someone other than Miami or FSU.

Oh I agree we usually get fat on a cupcake or two before playing you guys. I was just questioning your "for once" comment.

In addition to Miami, my failing memory also recalls UF making a trip to Texas A&M a week before playing at Neyland in 2012.

Historically I readily admit our schedule has been balanced in our favor, in that we usually have a cupcake before UT and FSU, and an off week before UGA. LSU is hit or miss depending on how strong our rotating West opponent is.

By November, ole Butter Teeth will be sleeping with da sharks.

maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back