Lane Kiffen thinks Alabama players are dumb.

Savage writes that Kiffin said into his headset “dumb players make dumb plays,” which all the Crimson Tide coaches heard. Saban snapped back with “no, dumb offensive coordinators call dumb plays.” There were probably a few expletives left out.

Burn.

Not taking up for Saban BUT why would any orange blooded UT fan care what Kiffin says? He is a spoiled arrogant mouthy twerp that has no concept of loyalty, period! I might as well throw in no integrity to complete the list. The past owner of the Oakland Raiders, his name escapes me at the moment, said it well when he fired that sorry excuse for a coach. JUST IGNORE HIM!!

Reactions: 2 people
Proof, as if we needed any, that the smartass kid inside Kiffin's brain is still in charge.

Don't think he'll ever grow up. Which means he'll never be safe as a head coach. A travelling sickness.

Reactions: 1 person
Since we always don't get a look behind the curtain at everything going on, this article is revealing to me in that:

(1) Kiffin has not changed nor matured into what you need to be as a leader and head coach despite being taken in by Saban; and

(2) perhaps Saban's judgement is in question, not for bringing him in, but for keeping Kiffin there for two years.

Other articles describe the scene as though players did not like Kiffin. Clearly Kiffin's character hasn't changed / or hasn't matured (however you want to describe it) since being canned at USC. With this new article, I am scratching my head that he didn't just get one year with the Tide.

Not taking up for Saban BUT why would any orange blooded UT fan care what Kiffin says? He is a spoiled arrogant mouthy twerp that has no concept of loyalty, period! I might as well throw in no integrity to complete the list. The past owner of the Oakland Raiders, his name escapes me at the moment, said it well when he fired that sorry excuse for a coach. JUST IGNORE HIM!!

Hint for name of that Raiders owner
c66a39a0a16d5309239938d20a613743.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
I mean, he isn't wrong. Dumb players make dumb plays. And Kiffin is a lot of terrible things, but a bad OC is not one of them.

Reactions: 3 people
I mean, he isn't wrong. Dumb players make dumb plays. And Kiffin is a lot of terrible things, but a bad OC is not one of them.

Daloth, you missed the point just like Kiffin did. Has for many years, in fact.

It's about loyalty to your players and team. You don't start throwing people under the bus when things don't go your way. That's exactly what no-values Kiffin did, and that's exactly why Saban lit into him.

It's about values, base values that make you a good person (or not), not about being right about whether your players are dumb. If Kiffin has no sense of loyalty, what other values is he mising? Respect for others? Seems likely. Discipline? Seems a given. Selflessness? Seems a solid bet.

I don't want a guy like that sharing an enterprise with me. Apparently a lot of people in Kiffin's life haven't.

We're they dumb while executing the correct plays in all those games they were winnng? Seems to me they get more plays right then wrong.

Kiffin is just a spoiled little brat that has to have SOMETHING OR SOMEONE to blame when something goes wrong in their little world. Mistakes by others aren't allowed, even though he is blind to the ones that he made, throwing away a family, walking away from jobs, recruiting violations, etc.

He has no loyalty to anyone but himself. He can't be part of something bigger than himself because in his mind, nothing is bigger than Lane Kiffin. He is the beginning and will surely be the end to his little world.

Kiffin never did give a sh*t about Tennessee. Yet, some of our fans still find excuses for his behavior and actually would take him back as a HC.

That's like trying to make friends with a bully that picked on you in high school.

It really is funny and a bit pathetic.

I will say this. I was just at a conference last week with a bunch of folks from USC. And I can tell you their hatred of Kiffin far outweighs anything we ever thought of.

Like intense, personal and "I would toss gas on him if he was on fire" kind of hatred.

kinda makes Saban's "ass chewing" a little more understandable. that comment is not excusable at all. its one thing if its a one on one meeting behind closed doors. but on the sideline at a game?

I fail to see how a fumble had anything to do with Kiffin's play call though. Saban can light him up for the comment being disrespectful but his rebuttal was just as dumb.

VN Store

Back