After Seeing What Happened At Louisville How Does Ole Miss Fare?

Coug

Rick Pitino

-Suspended for the first five ACC games in 2017-18
-A vacation of basketball records in which student-athletes competed while ineligible from December 2010 and July 2014.
-If ineligible players participated, the school could have to remove its banner and erase the title from its record books.
-In addition, the program will be on probation for four years.
-Also will face scholarship reductions and recruiting restrictions, a $5,000 fine and the forfeiture of any money received through conference revenue sharing from the 2012-15 NCAA tournaments.

So how does this play out for Ole Miss seeing these results?

Ole Miss just pulled their bandana out of their back pocket and wiped their brow. Sayin' Wow- aren't we gonna get lucky!

Ole Miss just pulled their bandana out of their back pocket and wiped their brow. Sayin' Wow- aren't we gonna get lucky!

That sounds like something they would think. But they have Freeze, who the AA has been after since Oher. Louisville has a brand name in Pitino, Ole Piss gets fried.

Rick Pitino

-Suspended for the first five ACC games in 2017-18
-A vacation of basketball records in which student-athletes competed while ineligible from December 2010 and July 2014.
-If ineligible players participated, the school could have to remove its banner and erase the title from its record books.
-In addition, the program will be on probation for four years.
-Also will face scholarship reductions and recruiting restrictions, a $5,000 fine and the forfeiture of any money received through conference revenue sharing from the 2012-15 NCAA tournaments.

So how does this play out for Ole Miss seeing these results?

-Female students at the grove must restrict their use of mascara and eye shadow.

In other words, not much.

Reactions: 1 person
Seriously though, stripping them of a championship means nothing. Everybody knows who won the thing. USC fans still claim the 04 championship. As will any other team that is stripped.

Seriously though, stripping them of a championship means nothing. Everybody knows who won the thing. USC fans still claim the 04 championship. As will any other team that is stripped.

There is a bit of difference since the NCAA actually awards national titles in basketball. USC still claims to '04 football title because the AP chose not to vacate their award.

Ole Miss ain't a blue blood of college football. They will get hammered.

I am more inclined to believe this is the case. I don't know about "hammered" but I do expect the NCAA to add one year to the bowl ban and to take away between 15-20 scholarships over a 3 year period. Ole Miss football is not typical of the type of program which gets off light... and the NCAA COI has been getting tons of complaints about them.

I am more inclined to believe this is the case. I don't know about "hammered" but I do expect the NCAA to add one year to the bowl ban and to take away between 15-20 scholarships over a 3 year period. Ole Miss football is not typical of the type of program which gets off light... and the NCAA COI has been getting tons of complaints about them.

Hammered in comparison is what I was saying

How do Tyndall, and Pearl get multi-year show-cause penalties for recruiting violations and Pitino literally gets caught hiring hookers for recruits but receives no show-cause?

Freeze has been charged with at least two level 1 violations. I really don't see him getting out of a show-cause penalty when the most he's achieved is 2 wins over Bama and a Sugar Bowl win.

How do Tyndall, and Pearl get multi-year show-cause penalties for recruiting violations and Pitino literally gets caught hiring hookers for recruits but receives no show-cause?

It's a good question. I think the difference, if there truly is a difference, is that Pitino had plausible deniability and he doesn't appear to have lied to the NCAA. In the end, it seems like the folks in Indy are more concerned with being lied to than they are with what you're lying about.

It's a good question. I think the difference, if there truly is a difference, is that Pitino had plausible deniability and he doesn't appear to have lied to the NCAA. In the end, it seems like the folks in Indy are more concerned with being lied to than they are with what you're lying about.

That's the deciding factor I think.

That's exactly what was discussed on Finebaum sometime last week.

Pitino is a coaching legend. Pearl and Tyndall are not. Simple

So Hugh Freeze might as well start packing his bags?

The way Ole Miss has stuck by Freeze, I don't see him getting much of a show cause. Also, the Brewer situation has been almost 25 years ago but I can't help but think that will play a small role.

Does anyone really expect anything significant to happen to Ole Miss? I dont. Maybe a few scholarships deducted and thats about it.

Plausible deniability. Pearl, Tyndall had none while Pitino at least had some. Any well-structured rule-breaking operation insulates the people at the top and leaves the underlings exposed.

It's no more complicated than that.

Plausible deniability. Pearl, Tyndall had none while Pitino at least had some. Any well-structured rule-breaking operation insulates the people at the top and leaves the underlings exposed.

It's no more complicated than that.

Yup, Pearl lied then continued to make infractions.
Tyndall erased emails and lied.

VN Store

Back