Auburn Moving To The East?

Sanky says it's not talked about except by the Media, but Gus Malzahn and Pat Dye says they're for it.

It makes sense to switch Auburn and Missouri

Reactions: 2 people
Won't happen because their annual cross-division game with Georgia would go away, right? Geographically it makes perfect sense.

Presuming they would want Alabama as their annual cross-division opponent.

Won't happen because their annual cross-division game with Georgia would go away, right? Geographically it makes perfect sense.

Presuming they would want Alabama as their annual cross-division opponent.

How would it go away? They'd be in the same division so they'd still play every year.

Reactions: 4 people
How would it go away? They'd be in the same division so they'd still play every year.

Duh, yeah, I'm an idiot.

It would make Alabama/Auburn a cross-division game, which would mean Tennessee likely wouldn't play Alabama every year anymore as volfanngatorland said

Aside from the geography, I think it would be better for the competition in the league. The East needs a stronger team.

Reactions: 1 person
We have lost the past 6 games against Auburn going back to 2003. The last one in very embarrassing fashion. I mean we already have one guaranteed but kicking every year. We dont need anymore.

I think more and more don't want it.

I think people are short sighted.

You can't on one hand talk about the tradition and all that of the SEC then turn around and say you want to end one of the oldest and celebrated annual rivalries in college football.

Nobody was talking about ending the series when we owned them for a decade, and I doubt people where talking about ending it when Alabama won 11 in a row.

Reactions: 5 people
They'd have to move the Iron Bowl off the last weekend of the season, and I don't think our TV partners would love that.

We have lost the past 6 games against Auburn going back to 2003. The last one in very embarrassing fashion. I mean we already have one guaranteed but kicking every year. We dont need anymore.

You sure don't have much faith in the good guys..

Big baby...

Reactions: 2 people
I think people are short sighted.

You can't on one hand talk about the tradition and all that of the SEC then turn around and say you want to end one of the oldest and celebrated annual rivalries in college football.

Nobody was talking about ending the series when we owned them for a decade, and I doubt people where talking about ending it when Alabama won 11 in a row.

The people I hear talk about ending are saying F tradition.

Go to a 9 conference game season at the same time, and Auburn and UT both retain their Alabama rivalry games.

Reactions: 1 person
and for my 2 cents there is no point in ducking Bama in the regular season because we would still have to face them in the SEC. at least while Saban is there. Winning the east a few more times, with no real championship to show for it would not please the UT crowd.

VN Store

Back