ND Transfer QB Malik Zaire to Florida

So I read through this form, well last couple pages and have not seen anyone comment on this matter. Former Notre Dame QB Malik Zaire has chosen to finish at Florida.
Will this change any minds of how the out come of this game will end. Zaire from what I seen while he was at ND looked very good with a good arm and can run rally well. I know Florida defense is rebuilding mostly this year but given the fact with Zaire coming in could give the Gators a better chance on staying on the field and giving their defense a rest to keep the game close.

Any thoughts?

But Zaire isn't allowed to transfer to UF right now unless the SEC alters some policy. I saw that UF peeps felt confident the rule would be altered, but I don't understand why.

Reactions: 1 person
But Zaire isn't allowed to transfer to UF right now unless the SEC alters some policy. I saw that UF peeps felt confident the rule would be altered, but I don't understand why.

I heard the same.

Not sure about the rule in question.

I saw nothing in that article that made it seem like the SEC was going to, or had a reason to, change the current rule. Even if they did, wouldn't it change in 2018 instead of 2017? Sorta seems like UF is setting their self , and their fans, up for dissappointment.

I saw nothing in that article that made it seem like the SEC was going to, or had a reason to, change the current rule. Even if they did, wouldn't it change in 2018 instead of 2017? Sorta seems like UF is setting their self , and their fans, up for dissappointment.

It is apparently up for discussion and he may get a waiver:

http://gridironnow.com/greg-sankey-sec-grad-transfer-rule/

SEC commissioner Greg Sankey said the league’s rules on graduate transfers could be relaxed soon and that the league has granted academic waivers in the past regarding grad transfers.

Is it me or would the SEC be showing extreme favoritism if they allow the Zaire transfer to UF? Id like to keep this in Football Forum since this could impact our game with the Gators in Sept.

There was a set of rules/academic requirements and UF did not meet them; however, it appears they may grant an exception to UF. This changing rules as we go could significantly impact the East.

Is this another example of the SEC giving its prime programs an advantage or has bring stuck in Vegas heat with all these Elvis impersonators led me to view everything as a conspiracy?

Yeah. This doesn't seem to help us and it sure seems like it will be a particular aid to the Gators. Didn't they bundle a bunch or rule changes together in one vote? It seems like Saban was upset about it, wanted some of the rules and not others.

why sure it is favoritism...what do you expect...we're not the grand program of the league anyway...Florida is already on probation because of two other transfers that didn't make the grade after transferring in '16...the probation is for three years...with a swing of the pen...poof, it can change...guess some people have all the luck...:blink:

GO VOLS!

Reactions: 1 person
If I were McElwain I'm not sure I would have called in a favor to Sankey to get Malik Zaire

Maybe he's better than his stats, but it still looks like a gamble at best.

Florida needed a "bye" week last season and got one.

Getting a QB in school is a piece of cake.

VN Store

Back