USC sells Coliseum naming rights.

horrible.

Then again, it's fitting that United would align itself with that dump.

Why would you not want more money if you're end game is to make profits?

On the flip side, can't wait until security has to drag out unruly fans from the United Airlines Coliseum

Reactions: 7 people
On the flip side, can't wait until security has to drag out unruly fans from the United Airlines Coliseum

Or opposing fans wear t-shirts to the stadium with the picture of that doctor who got dragged off their plane. I bet USC ends up regretting this decision. This could really turn ugly.

It says “Memorial Coliseum” would be retained in the name. What the point of naming rights then if people still refer to it as same thing?

It says “Memorial Coliseum” would be retained in the name. What the point of naming rights then if people still refer to it as same thing?

I agree. Same with UK...people will still call it Commonwealth Stadium. I guess it's a way to get your name all over the place and commercials on the jumbotron.

I agree. Same with UK...people will still call it Commonwealth Stadium. I guess it's a way to get your name all over the place and commercials on the jumbotron.

People still call Lavell Edwards stadium Cougar stadium and they changed it like 15 years ago

Reactions: 1 person
I assumed places like that would face huge backlash from the fans, donors, etc. But they may just not care one way or the other over there.

I don't understand why donors and fans would find more money coming into the school upsetting. Nothing worse than more money for upgrades, facilities and the like. Not being rude, I truly can't wrap my head around it. First Tennessee Neyland Stadium, TN Farm Bureau Neyland Stadium, etc, no big deal to me. More money to help make the south end zone concourse not look like it's out of the fifties imo.

I don't understand why donors and fans would find more money coming into the school upsetting. Nothing worse than more money for upgrades, facilities and the like. Not being rude, I truly can't wrap my head around it. First Tennessee Neyland Stadium, TN Farm Bureau Neyland Stadium, etc, no big deal to me. More money to help make the south end zone concourse not look like it's out of the fifties imo.

Tradition and pride. Not "selling out" so to speak are important to people.

Tradition and pride. Not "selling out" so to speak are important to people.

Which is just dumb. Sorry, not sorry. Calling a spade a spade. There are ads all over Neyland. More ads on the jumbotron than footage. Yet someone draws the line at stadium naming rights. Silly and dumb.

Reactions: 1 person
Which is just dumb. Sorry, not sorry. Calling a spade a spade. There are ads all over Neyland. More ads on the jumbotron than footage. Yet someone draws the line at stadium naming rights. Silly and dumb.

I agree with you. Putting a sponser in front on Neyland wouldn't do any harm. It's one thing if they dropped Neyland from the name, but if they simply just added something in front of it. No big deal.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back