13-24 after 3 years gets you a raise and an extension...

You realize his raise and extension was signed, sealed, and delivered when his team took us down, right?

Reactions: 5 people
You can go 1-11 at Vandy and get an extension if that one W is vs UT. And sadly they have too many of those lately.

Reactions: 2 people
Depending on the terms of the buyout this not just a Vanderbilt move, this is one a lot of schools would make. He definitely hasn't done enough to warrant the full support but showed enough to at least have people in the fence. Seeing as his contract was set to expire in 2018 for recruiting purposes this was necessary. Now if it comes out that this extension also increased the buyout to the point they could not buy him out the next couple of years, then yes this is a stupid extension.

He was probably hired to beat Tennessee. He did that in dominating fashion. Hence the raise.

He's 1-2 against us. Was down 21 before winning by 11 this season. Lost last season 53-28. If he was "hired to beat Tennessee" and got a raise with this track record, he has a damn good agent.

I'll actually eat crow on Mason a bit, I thought he was going to end up Rod Dowhower bad after his first season. The fact that 2 seasons later VU beat us and they made a bowl game, even in this age of 50 bowls, is more than I ever thought he'd do.

I still don't think he'll get close to what Franlin did, but he's bought himself a 2-3 more years at least.

VN Store

Back