Jay Paterno Elected to PSU Board of Trustees

bamawriter

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...jay-paterno-elected-penn-state-board-trustees

I have always felt, and still feel, that the NCAA had no business getting involved with the Penn State mess.

But this whole situation has made me loathe Penn State fans and alumni. I'm don't want to paint all of them with the same brush, but if a sniveling douche like Jay Paterno can get enough votes to land a spot on the BOT, then shame on anyone who is willing to remain associated with that school.

Jay has spent the 5+ years since his father's passing doing nothing but trying to clear JoePa's name in the court of public opinion. He can't find a job as a coach, probably because he was never any good. So now he gets on the BOT so that he can do everything in his power to restore his precious daddy's reputation.

Seriously, screw these people.

Reactions: 13 people
http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...jay-paterno-elected-penn-state-board-trustees

I have always felt, and still feel, that the NCAA had no business getting involved with the Penn State mess.

But this whole situation has made me loathe Penn State fans and alumni. I'm don't want to paint all of them with the same brush, but if a sniveling douche like Jay Paterno can get enough votes to land a spot on the BOT, then shame on anyone who is willing to remain associated with that school.

Jay has spent the 5+ years since his father's passing doing nothing but trying to clear JoePa's name in the court of public opinion. He can't find a job as a coach, probably because he was never any good. So now he gets on the BOT so that he can do everything in his power to restore his precious daddy's reputation.

Seriously, screw these people.

Fully agreed.

Reactions: 1 person
Trying to recesitate a football legacy amid something substantially more important.

Hard to not hope the fall on their a$$ trying.

And I thought the UT BOT was mess. They look like a 10 compared to this dumpster fire.

I always thought Jo Pa was a good guy but when I found out he looked the other way I lost all respect for him and PSU. They got exactly what they deserve.

Joe Paterno will be forever linked to the Jerry Sandusky scandal. Not much they can do about that now. This seems like a bad idea from a public perception angle.

I always thought Jo Pa was a good guy but when I found out he looked the other way I lost all respect for him and PSU. They got exactly what they deserve.

it would do you good to look into the history between he and our Vols. He hated us. It all started with a game at Neyland. He vowed revenge on us every time we played him and backed up his words.

Still think he's a good guy?

Not me. That m-fer can rot in hell as far as I'm concerned

it would do you good to look into the history between he and our Vols. He hated us. It all started with a game at Neyland. He vowed revenge on us every time we played him and backed up his words.

That should have little to no impact on the opinion of the man

I'm more concerned with his willingness to let a pedophile roam than anything on a football field.

Reactions: 3 people
Bamawriter and I have always seen eye to eye on the Penn State situation. This is no different. This so damn tone deaf by their administration it's unbelievable.

Bamawriter and I have always seen eye to eye on the Penn State situation. This is no different. This so damn tone deaf by their administration it's unbelievable.

Not even just the admin. Jay Paterno won one of the seats that is voted on by the alumni. This is a black eye for anyone who has a diploma from that school.

You diss the Vols, I dont give a s__t what kind of person you are. F them.

I guess my blood runs more orange than some.....

Good to know you have priorities when it comes to hating someone...

That should have little to no impact on the opinion of the man

I respect the heck out of you Yank but I have no place it this world for PSU or Joe Pa. As stated, it started with the way he treated the Vols which makes me consider him lower than Alabama. Then his handling of the Sandusky problem just reaffirms the piece of s__ he was.

Reactions: 2 people
I know this is off topic from the OP, but I didn't see a thread here or in the Pub. Did any of you read the grand jury report from the kid that died at the PSU fraternity? It is so disturbing. I'm all about individual accountability, but man some of those guys need to go to jail for how inhumanely they treated that kid. The full grand jury report is in the article below.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...-hazing-death-was-no-accident-grand-jury-says

Just when you think a Paterno couldn't possibly force his way in through the backdoor, they do it again to the PSU fanbase

VN Store

Back