Is this Currie holding UT athletics to a new standard?

don't follow mens tennis however after looking at his 11-year career at UT it wants too bad, Currie may be firing everyone soon.....unless it was something behind the scenes we don't know about

I think this was Currie trying to show he's boss by making a "safe" firing decision in a somewhat low profile sport. But it was a LAME decision as Winterbotham is actually a good coach. Men's tennis has had a couple of down years--but the program has been solid, by and large, under him. This move makes me question Currie pretty seriously. Women's basketball and volleyball need new coaches far more than men's tennis. If Currie doesn't recognize that, he should be selling donuts somewhere and not running the UT athletic department. I mean, seriously--he came from Kansas State.

Reactions: 2 people
I think this was Currie trying to show he's boss by making a "safe" firing decision in a somewhat low profile sport. But it was a LAME decision as Winterbotham is actually a good coach. Men's tennis has had a couple of down years--but the program has been solid, by and large, under him. This move makes me question Currie pretty seriously. Women's basketball and volleyball need new coaches far more than men's tennis. If Currie doesn't recognize that, he should be selling donuts somewhere and not running the UT athletic department. I mean, seriously--he came from Kansas State.

That's a great assessment. Maybe some information will come out to actually support it.

Reactions: 3 people
It's tennis.

It draws some eyes because it's his first move. He's not gonna be ridiculed or judged by such a decision. He has tougher ones on the horizon. Firing is only part of it.

Translation into Reasonable: "I have no friggin clue what I'm talking about. I'm determined, though, to find some reason to hate this guy because his name is not Blackburn. Even though I know absolutely nothing about why the coach was fired, what factors went into that decision, this seems like a good place for me to start getting the hate on. So here goes."

Reactions: 4 people
Winterbotham must have either left the seat up or took the last piece of chocolate cake in the break room.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back