General Draft Thoughts

LouderVol

Extra and Terrestrial
Interesting that Chad Kelly was last pick.

I didn't follow the draft but surprised Elijah Hood fell to the last round. He was a good college RB.

Brantley really cost himself with that punch. 6th round has to hurt.

Interesting that both Kaaya and Peterman went after Dobbs.

Georgia had only 1 player drafted. With all that talent, ouch. West Georgia produced 2, and Georgia Southern, Georgia Tech, Albany St (GA) matched the home school. I know we can't say much after the last couple years but there is clearly something to be said about stability here.

completely meaningless number here but by my count we played against 61 players drafted this year. Very inexact method here and didn't check when they actually joined their college. (almost a quarter of the draft)

By my inexact count we were tied for 8th most draft picks, along with UNC and Clemson.

Utah had a sneaky good draft (8), at least I didn't read much fanfare about them. They actually produced the most in the PAC.

We were fourth in the SEC in drafts. TAMU only had 5. South Carolina and Kentucky did not have any.

anybody else mark anything strange/unusual/noteworthy? Comments on the above?

As for UK...Very surprised we didn't see one of ours drafted. Toth was one of the very best at center last season. A decade from now we will wonder how he didn't get picked up. Boom will get a deal, but I don't think he'll last. There might be a couple more that get shots but this was a really bad year. Stoops' lack of development is very evident.

As for UK...Very surprised we didn't see one of ours drafted. Toth was one of the very best at center last season. A decade from now we will wonder how he didn't get picked up. Boom will get a deal, but I don't think he'll last. There might be a couple more that get shots but this was a really bad year. Stoops' lack of development is very evident.

Boom left early correct? Was there an issue there that lead to him declaring early?

Boom left early correct? Was there an issue there that lead to him declaring early?

I heard there were a few personal issues outside football, but it's basically him thinking another year at UK would prove nothing. He's elusive, tough, and fast but has battled injuries. He had nothing else to gain except get hurt.

I heard there were a few personal issues outside football, but it's basically him thinking another year at UK would prove nothing. He's elusive, tough, and fast but has battled injuries. He had nothing else to gain except get hurt.

of course its hindsight but clearly he should have stayed.

Like? Other than being cited for weed his freshmen year, Brantley has kept his nose clean for the most part.

His fall is all about this alleged assault. Nothing more.

He apparently told teams in Interviews he was a lazy player.

He also had a Florida coach tell teams to stay as far away from him as possible. I've never heard that before.

Add an alleged assault to that and its not exactly getting off on the right foot.

I didn't even know he was busted for weed. Fail any drug tests that you know of?

He also had a Florida coach tell teams to stay as far away from him as possible. I've never heard that before.

Add an alleged assault to that and its not exactly getting off on the right foot.

I didn't even know he was busted for weed. Fail any drug tests that you know of?

He sabotaged himself?

The rumored coach is FSU's Brad Lawing. His former position coach. There is some bad history between the two.

He was suspended his soph year. My guess is failed test.

The rumored coach is FSU's Brad Lawing. His former position coach. There is some bad history between the two.

He was suspended his soph year. My guess is failed test.

Gotcha.

I agree with you that the assault charge is why he fell as far as he did, it just sounds like there are some other issues as well (which may be minor)

He's a good player on the field.

How much talent did uga have in this draft? Seems like a lot of it is still in Athens?

Gotcha.

I agree with you that the assault charge is why he fell as far as he did, it just sounds like there are some other issues as well (which may be minor)

He's a good player on the field.

Definitely. Browns got a steal IF he's motivated. Hopefully all of this is a wake up call. Enitre situation has cost him 10+mil.

How much talent did uga have in this draft? Seems like a lot of it is still in Athens?

McKenzie was the only name I really recognized. They had two others declare. My comment was centered on people leaving, not on what the team still had.

Tabor fell all the way to 53... What is that about?

Personally, I think he ran his mouth too much and then didn't impress his last year or in the combine.

Sometimes the positive media will go to a players head and they slack off. This might be the case when some were talking about him being a potential first round pick before last season.

VN Store

Back