FAU Spring game crowd

All4TN

Kiffy has the Owl fanbase pumped up...

C-CueaxXoAAOSYo.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
It's still freaking FAU. Geez, our attendance was awful by SEC standards, but y'all can't go three minutes without bashing Kiffin, so hey, let's go there.

Reactions: 3 people
It's still freaking FAU. Geez, our attendance was awful by SEC standards, but y'all can't go three minutes without bashing Kiffin, so hey, let's go there.

Probably because the weather wasn't great and a storm was coming that forced them to call the game at halftime.

Reactions: 4 people
Am I the only one surprised their stadium is that nice? Impressive by small conference standards.

Dude is just getting paid, smoking weed on the beach, and banging coeds. He'll get bored in a couple of years and make another go at the NFL.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm starting to think that 20 years from now, Kiffin will be like Mike Leach today. The "brilliant tactician" whose lack of interpersonal skills (or, in Kiffin's case, integrity and character) gets him pushed aside into a relative backwater where he just keeps coaching even though not a lot of people are noticing.

Seeming more and more like that's how it's gonna end up for 'ole Lane.

This is a win win situation for LK. This program is terrible, if he can get them to 6-6 and a bowl, he'll look like a genius. If he doesn't then it's because it's FAU...it's a 2-3 year job and then he'll be coaching at somewhere like Louisville

This is a win win situation for LK. This program is terrible, if he can get them to 6-6 and a bowl, he'll look like a genius. If he doesn't then it's because it's FAU...it's a 2-3 year job and then he'll be coaching at somewhere like Louisville

Correct. It's a no lose situation.

Think about this. Here are the coaches in FL currently:

UF: McElwain
FSU: Fisher
UM: Richt
USF: Strong
FAU: Kiffin
FIU: B. Davis
UCF: Frost

If you don't think that group will lock down the state you're out of your mind.

I'm starting to think that 20 years from now, Kiffin will be like Mike Leach today. The "brilliant tactician" whose lack of interpersonal skills (or, in Kiffin's case, integrity and character) gets him pushed aside into a relative backwater where he just keeps coaching even though not a lot of people are noticing.

Seeming more and more like that's how it's gonna end up for 'ole Lane.

I'm still one of those that believes a lot of his brilliance comes from coaching a group of superstars. I think he made a lot of bonehead calls at Bama and got away with it.

I'm swimming in a Bama sea here in the Rocket City. At the coffee pot, it's 80% Bama, a few Aubies, and a couple of us claiming orange.

The Kiffin complaints hit a peak when OSU beat Bama. Seems OSU couldn't stop the run, and Bama for some reason - late in the game - started passing. Huh? Anyway - Bama fans couldn't shut up about it around the coffee pot back then.

I've often wondered, when Saban got in Kiffin's face - was it an act of mentoring, or was it a realization that Kiffin was making some unconservative calls that could have cost the game, except that exceptional athletic ability saved the day. Always fun to watch Saban blow a gasket. ha ha.

Maybe it's just me. Shoot - I'll admit it. I hated that Kiffin put the USC mentality above Neylands Maxims when he was here. I hated the fact we had to live through the Dooley nightmare because of Kiffin's exodus. And I hated the fact that he ended up wearing Crimson. I could very well be in denial.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I'm still one of those that believes a lot of his brilliance comes from coaching a group of superstars. I think he made a lot of bonehead calls at Bama and got away with it.

I'm swimming in a Bama sea here in the Rocket City. At the coffee pot, it's 80% Bama, a few Aubies, and a couple of us claiming orange.

The Kiffin complaints hit a peak when OSU beat Bama. Seems OSU couldn't stop the run, and Bama for some reason - late in the game - started passing. Huh? Anyway - Bama fans couldn't shut up about it around the coffee pot back then.

I've often wondered, when Saban got in Kiffin's face - was it an act of mentoring, or was it a realization that Kiffin was making some unconservative calls that could have cost the game, except that exceptional athletic ability saved the day. Always fun to watch Saban blow a gasket. ha ha.

Maybe it's just me. Shoot - I'll admit it. I hated that Kiffin put the USC mentality above Neylands Maxims when he was here. I hated the fact we had to live through the Dooley nightmare because of Kiffin's exodus. And I hated the fact that he ended up wearing Crimson. I could very well be in denial.

Nah, very natural to hate Kiffin being a Tennessee Volunteer.

I probably could have forgiven if it wasn't for the timing he left and the fact we got stuck with Dooley... and trying to get our early enrollees to follow him to USC. But when it all went down that night in January 2010 my first comment was that he just nuked our program into the stone ages. And he might as well have the way things have gone.

Nah, very natural to hate Kiffin being a Tennessee Volunteer.

I probably could have forgiven if it wasn't for the timing he left and the fact we got stuck with Dooley... and trying to get our early enrollees to follow him to USC. But when it all went down that night in January 2010 my first comment was that he just nuked our program into the stone ages. And he might as well have the way things have gone.

200.gif

Once a Prick............Always a Prick............

For a while he was OUR Prick.

and i supported him when he was our Prick.... while holding my nose.

I tried to support Dooley as well.......I tried

VN Store

Back