Caleb Brantley knocking 120 lb woman out

If only it was a Bama player so we could hear the typical spin job by resident Bama fans on how its not a big deal.

Reactions: 1 person
How low does your IQ have to be to see all of this stuff in the paper and then do it yourself? I'll put the o/u on his wonderlic at 11.

He's going undrafted.

Doubtful. You'll have a team that will find enough conflicting reports to draft him in Round 5.

Already stuff floating out there now about her being drunk and taking swing at him. Allegedly there's some cell phone footage that shows the incident. One of these days men will learn this never ends well.

Im just trying to wrap my head arounad how a guy about to make millions risks going out before draft.

Last edited:
Doubtful. You'll have a team that will find enough conflicting reports to draft him in Round 5.

Already stuff floating out there now about her being drunk and taking swing at him. Allegedly there's some cell phone footage that shows the incident. One of these days men will learn this never ends well.

Im just trying to wrap my head arounad how a guy about to make millions risks going out before draft.
It says it clearly right here...

According to a sworn complaint obtained by ESPN from the Alachua County Clerk of Court in Gainesville, Florida, a woman told police that the 6-foot-2, 307-pound Brantley made crude comments toward her during an argument at a bar on April 13, and she then pushed him. The complaint said Brantley responded by "striking [her] in the face knocking her unconscious."

So in a sworn statement, she admitted putting her hands on him first... but he's the bad guy?

It says it clearly right here...

So in a sworn statement, she admitted putting her hands on him first... but he's the bad guy?
I see it kinda like this.... two people are driving... one is driving a tank one is driving a car....

Person hits the tank with the car but not so hard to damage the car.... and then the tank responds by running over the car....

Maybe not the best analogy but you get my point....

Reactions: 5 people
Much more damaging to draft stock than drug use.

yes...let's put emphasis on his draft stock & how much money he has lost and not the fact that he needs help and needs to be in jail for his violent act. the woman who pushed him first needs to be held accountable for her actions as well....

Generally speaking, when it comes to physical confrontations, women are held to a lower standard of accountability and men are held to a higher standard of restraint.

Which is why we need real equality. In these situations, divorce court, and custody hearing, men will almost always lose.

Reactions: 5 people
Which is why we need real equality. In these situations, divorce court, and custody hearing, men will almost always lose.

No matter what happens to him in court, she left the confrontation with her face caved in. I'm not sure it's fair to call her the "winner."

Reactions: 2 people
No matter what happens to him in court, she left the confrontation with her face caved in. I'm not sure it's fair to call her the "winner."

It's called, don't hit a 300 lb football player. She kinda deserved it. If you play like a boy, you'll get hit like one.

Reactions: 1 person
It's called, don't hit a 300 lb football player. She kinda deserved it. If you play like a boy, you'll get hit like one.

If she had been a 120 lb man, what Brantley did would still be wrong. All sin may be equal in the eyes of God, but not in the eyes of the law.

Reactions: 3 people
If she had been a 120 lb man, what Brantley did would still be wrong. All sin may be equal in the eyes of God, but not in the eyes of the law.

If she was a man and decked a 300 lb guy, she would of still had her face caved in. Except that there wouldn't be the oh precious princess attitude.

And people are wondering why men do not want to get married.

Last edited:

I agree to an extent. The woman in this case, and the woman who hit Joe Mixon first, should face assault charges.

It doesn't change the fact that Mixon's (and likely Brantley's) response was disproportionate to the physical threat.

Society gives women a longer leash in situations like this...yay double standards.

If she was a man and decked a 300 lb guy, she would of still had her face caved in. Except that there wouldn't be the oh precious princess attitude.

And people are wondering why men do not want to get married.

You were making sense until that last sentence.

I'll also add IF Brantley was physically inappropriate with that woman, which led to punches being thrown, then she was justified in defending herself.

VN Store

Back