13: SEC
12: SEC
11: SEC
10: SEC
09: SEC
08: SEC
07: SEC

Reactions: 3 people
It's always laughable to me when I hear other conferences being touted as the best in college football.

There is no doubt that in terms of depth and top end talent no conferences compares to the SEC. And honestly it's not even close.

It's always laughable to me when I hear other conferences being touted as the best in college football.

There is no doubt that in terms of depth and top end talent no conferences compares to the SEC. And honestly it's not even close.

Seriously. I have a few friends who are fans of teams in the Big 10. It's hilarious how every time we talk sports, they are defending their conference against the SEC.

I'm just ready for the days where Tennessee is the team carrying the SEC flag against the rest of the nation.

Reactions: 1 person
What makes it more interesting is that almost every coach in the SEC is anywhere from average to very bad. This obviously excludes Saban.

Reactions: 2 people
via SECNetwork.

1 Week.
NFL Draft.

Most Players Drafted by Conference:
16: SEC
15: SEC
14: SEC
13: SEC
12: SEC
11: SEC
10: SEC
09: SEC
08: SEC
07: SEC

Interesting time frame don't you think? Take Bama out of the equation and what would it look like?

The rest of the SEC needs to get their act together.

What makes it more interesting is that almost every coach in the SEC is anywhere from average to very bad. This obviously excludes Saban.

That factor has a lot to do with the Big 10 and ACC closing/eliminating the gap with the SEC over the last couple of years, especially last year. Every SEC coach except Saban is either mediocre at best or the jury is still out on them.

The narrative that SEC haters pushed for years, which is that the SEC has the single best program (Alabama) but isn't the best conference, has finally come true for them over the last couple of years.

It's crazy to think now that the odd man out in the 2004 NCG was the undefeated SEC team. That would never happen today. Hell, the SEC has been represented by both teams in the title game as well as a 2-loss team in the title game....

Interesting time frame don't you think? Take Bama out of the equation and what would it look like?

It would be an interesting study to take out every conference's top school and see how that affects the rankings.

Reactions: 2 people
Seriously. I have a few friends who are fans of teams in the Big 10. It's hilarious how every time we talk sports, they are defending their conference against the SEC.

I'm just ready for the days where Tennessee is the team carrying the SEC flag against the rest of the nation.
I think we are all ready for that day.I'm thankful for the better days we have had.compared to were we was just a short time ago. But I'm ready for the Vols to start flexing some muscle..

You don't think they appear mediocre bc of the parity that exists in the league?

It would be an interesting study to take out every conference's top school and see how that affects the rankings.

Yes, it would.

You can have parity at multiple levels of quality. Just a couple of years ago the SEC had parity at a very high level. That's no longer the case.

And bamawriter summed up the SEC perfectly.

The first one I looked up was the 2009 NFL draft, the SEC had 37 players drafted and the next closest conference had 32. Alabama only had 4 drafted. So the SEC still would've been in first without them.

Reactions: 1 person
SEC most talented. Yes.

SEC most successful. Nope. Not in 2016, anyway. ACC won 2016. SEC was in third or fourth place among the Power Five, depending on how you measure it.

Here's hoping the SEC comes roaring back to prominence in college football in 2017.

they need to worry about their teams actually beating us in bowl games lol

It's crazy to think now that the odd man out in the 2004 NCG was the undefeated SEC team. That would never happen today. Hell, the SEC has been represented by both teams in the title game as well as a 2-loss team in the title game....

And this is why I shake my head when I hear some folks here say they don't support SEC schools in bowl games or OOC games.

It might suck to watch Alabama in the playoff every year, but if a 1-loss Tennessee got overlooked in the playoff to a 1-loss Clemson or Michigan, that would suck much worse.

SEC still has the most talent without question, but I'd rank the SEC at 3rd best in terms of coaching talent behind the ACC and Big 10.

VN Store

Back