KY Taxslayer Rings

Didn't we go through this when we got rings for the game too? The bowl gives out rings to all the players, win or lose.

Reactions: 1 person
Didn't we go through this when we got rings for the game too? The bowl gives out rings to all the players, win or lose.

Part of the swag bag, I guess. Here I was thinking the school elected to get the rings. That said, their AD put in on twitter, that is where they screwed up.

thats isnt a bowl ring - its says governors cup on it -- for beating Louisville I assume -- alot of stupid all the way around

No clue, but the trophy might be something like this:

life.jpg

That's pretty funny.

Sidestory: I thought I was going to graduate a semester early at UT in December, 2001. I bought a ring with that year. After I purchased it, I decided to spend an extra semester with friends and have fun and didn't graduate until May, 2002. Thus, my year is incorrect.

At least yours makes sense. Putting a fake record on a ring... I don't even have the words. Lol.

Reactions: 2 people
At least yours makes sense. Putting a fake record on a ring... I don't even have the words. Lol.

Yep, I agree. It's like asking a league to go back and replay the last minute of a game because the officials ruled something incorrectly. It is what it is. Move on.

Because we keep winning them. They didn't get it for losing, they got it for being there.

I understand that they received rings simply for having made the bowl game for the first time in 6 years, which can be quite significant for a program that had only attended a total of 16 of them in the school's history (and the significance in their beating a ranked Louisville for the first time since 2010, as well).

I was just pointing out, though, that as far as the bigger schools - really even as far as most of the schools at the FBS level - go, programs usually haven't been the kind to give out rings following bowls where the end result was a loss, unless some other championship - be it at the division of conference level - had been attained in that season.

UK also created a national championship trophy for their 1950 team that was retroactively award the title by some polling service.

FSU recently handed out "STATE CHAMPIONS" rings after failing to win their division, conference and bowl game.

And we recognize Eastern Division titles from 2003 and 2012, even though we didn't qualify for the SEC title game those two years.

Just a sign of the times now.

UK also created a national championship trophy for their 1950 team that was retroactively award the title by some polling service.

FSU recently handed out "STATE CHAMPIONS" rings after failing to win their division, conference and bowl game.

And we recognize Eastern Division titles from 2003 and 2012, even though we didn't qualify for the SEC title game those two years.

Just a sign of the times now.

I showed up, wheres my trophy!

I just saw this thread. Whatever their reasoning or purpose, I've had a field day with my Kentucky peeps over this!

We have zero room to make fun of others with some of the things Butch has done/said

VN Store

Back