More Big 10 Fraud -- Cupcake Schedules

WiseOlVol

Reactions: 1 person
And come October, BSPN will start playing up how great the Big 10 (or 14) is and when bowl season comes around, they are proven as frauds again.

BSPN will make excuses when another Big 10 West team that was in the Top 10 gets run off the field by a middle of the pack SEC team coached by Butch Jones.

And come October, BSPN will start playing up how great the Big 10 (or 14) is and when bowl season comes around, they are proven as frauds again.

BSPN will make excuses when another Big 10 West team that was in the Top 10 gets run off the field by a middle of the pack SEC team coached by Butch Jones.

Hold on, are we really pretending like ESPN didn't hype the SEC majorly? You couldn't watch "BSPN" for a 6 or 7 year stretch without hearing about the SEC coaches, stadiums, traditions, rivalries, SEC-speed, defenses, tailgating, etc etc etc...

Reactions: 5 people
Hold on, are we really pretending like ESPN didn't hype the SEC majorly? You couldn't watch "BSPN" for a 6 or 7 year stretch without hearing about the SEC coaches, stadiums, traditions, rivalries, SEC-speed, defenses, tailgating, etc etc etc...

thats because the SEC was actually winning the championships.

Reactions: 13 people

Plus it part owns an entire network for the SEC.

I live in B1G country and they all complain that the SEC schedules cupcakes

http://247sports.com/Gallery/The-11-Power-5-teams-with-the-easiest-2017-schedules-per-FPI-52259255

Almost all of these teams are Big 10. Finally, someone reporting on this annual event.

If they ranked 12 instead of 11, Ohio would be on the list. But espn expects Ohio to be back in the playoff so they won't trash them for being a fraud. #0-31.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/statistics/teamratings

You do realize they play Oklahoma right? What's our big ooc game, Georgia Tech? We're in no position to talk.

Reactions: 2 people
The B1G have implemented two changes that give them the high ground in any SOS discussion. They went to 9, count them, 9, conference games. They made a conference bylaw that they will not schedule anymore FCS teams and most of the B1G have already pruned most of them off the schedule.

The SEC will not do either and frankly, look like they're running scared. The truth is the B1G can talk about big boy football all they want, the SEC, not so much.

The truth is the B1G can talk about big boy football all they want, the SEC, not so much.

The narrative that the Big 10 pushed for years has finally come true for them in the last couple years - that the SEC is full of a bunch of Alabama jock riders.

That wasn't true 5-10 years ago but it is now. The Big 10 has much better depth, both programs and coaches. The ACC might be there soon enough too.

The narrative that the Big 10 pushed for years has finally come true for them in the last couple years - that the SEC is full of a bunch of Alabama jock riders.

That wasn't true 5-10 years ago but it is now. The Big 10 has much better depth, both programs and coaches. The ACC might be there soon enough too.

depth? Sure they have a top three where we have a top 1, but that really just happened this last season with Penn State and Michigan rising up. But as for the rest? I would take Butch's 6-6 TN team against ANY of the others. Wisconsin would probably beat that team but again they are inconsistent. I will never forget that Iowa team going undefeated in the regular season a year after we stomped them. and they hadn't gotten any better.

http://mcubed.net/ncaaf/tvc/sec/big10.shtml in the last 4 decades the SEC has always won more games than they lost with the Big 10.

Sure they have a top three where we have a top 1, but that really just happened this last season with Penn State and Michigan rising up.

That's what I'm saying. The narrative they've been pushing about the SEC for the last decade finally came true over the last couple of years, especially last year.

It looks like it might persist too considering the quality of coaching in the Big 10 relative to the SEC and the recruiting classes they are pulling in.

With the way both Michigan and Ohio State are recruiting nationally, I could see the "Big 2 and little 8" talent joke of yesteryear becoming a reality again. Penn State has a chance to be relevant in the long run if Franklin can keep the momentum going with recruiting. Michigan State was always doing more with less even when they're winning. The Wolverines are going to make that a lot harder too.

With the way both Michigan and Ohio State are recruiting nationally, I could see the "Big 2 and little 8" talent joke of yesteryear becoming a reality again. Penn State has a chance to be relevant in the long run if Franklin can keep the momentum going with recruiting. Michigan State was always doing more with less even when they're winning. The Wolverines are going to make that a lot harder too.

Dantonio's job just got a lot harder now that Michigan actually appears to have found a competent coach. But I do think that Ohio St, Michigan, Penn St, and Wisconsin can be consistent standard bearers for years to come for that conference. Ohio St and Wisconsin have been doing it lately already. "Standard bearers" meaning nationally relevant and competing for conference titles each year for a number of years.

Is there a set of 4 squads from the SEC who you'd feel good saying that about? Not that I can see.

Dantonio's job just got a lot harder now that Michigan actually appears to have found a competent coach. But I do think that Ohio St, Michigan, Penn St, and Wisconsin can be consistent standard bearers for years to come for that conference. Ohio St and Wisconsin have been doing it lately already. "Standard bearers" meaning nationally relevant and competing for conference titles each year for a number of years.

Is there a set of 4 squads from the SEC who you'd feel good saying that about? Not that I can see.

The B1G is not there yet with all 4 and one-year is a small sample size. The season before last I thought Franklin might get canned the way they were struggling with their offense and their OL blocking. Dang near got their QB killed.

But I don't see 4 in the SEC right now. I don't blame LSU going for a change from Les Miles, but hiring a journeyman D-line coach wasn't the upgrade. Same for Georgia, I get Richt wearing out his welcome, but they rolled the dice and didn't have to. The barners have talent comparable to these two teams but the gus bus has been in reverse since the mid 2014 season.

Florida has to get back to top 10 talent to be the flamethrower it was. Same with Tennessee. It all adds up to a less intimidating league right know.

VN Store

Back