Wichita State to the AAC

Hoosier_Vol

Vol Stuck in B1G 10 Hell
Widely rumored but now pretty much 100% official that the Shockers are leaving the Missouri Valley Conference for the AAC. This is the 2nd huge loss for the MVC after losing Creighton to the Big East. Living just outside of Indiana State's campus this is a hot topic around my parts of course. Here are the long list of targeted/rumored schools to be interested...word is MVC could jump from a 10 team league to as many as 16...MVC having an emergency meeting this weekend in St.Louis.

Valpo
Milwaukee
Belmont
Northern Kentucky
North Dakota
North Dakota State
South Dakota
South Dakota State
Austin Peay
Murray State
New Mexico State
Oakland
Wright State
Illinois-Chicago
Detroit
Oral Roberts
IUPUI
Saint Louis
Green Bay
Eastern Illinois
Youngstown State

I think you can safely cross all the non-MVFC football-playing schools off that list unless the MVC wants to start sponsoring football again.

I think you can safely cross all the non-MVFC football-playing schools off that list unless the MVC wants to start sponsoring football again.

The Missouri Valley does have a football conference.

I think adding Belmont, Oral Roberts and St. Louis would make sense. In no way does it replace Creighton or Wichita St. MVC screwed up when they added Loyola in order to try to get the Chicago market. No one in Chicago cares about Loyola.

The Missouri Valley does have a football conference.

The Missouri Valley Football Conference is actually a separate entity. It's made up of members of the MVC and Summit conferences. If you're Austin Peay or Eastern IL, why would you want to leave the OVC for a conference that has to piecemeal its football?

I think adding Belmont, Oral Roberts and St. Louis would make sense.

I could see a benefit for Oral Roberts. I don't see how a move to the MVC really helps Belmont or St Louis.

Widely rumored but now pretty much 100% official that the Shockers are leaving the Missouri Valley Conference for the AAC. This is the 2nd huge loss for the MVC after losing Creighton to the Big East. Living just outside of Indiana State's campus this is a hot topic around my parts of course. Here are the long list of targeted/rumored schools to be interested...word is MVC could jump from a 10 team league to as many as 16...MVC having an emergency meeting this weekend in St.Louis.

Valpo
Milwaukee
Belmont
Northern Kentucky
North Dakota
North Dakota State
South Dakota
South Dakota State
Austin Peay
Murray State
New Mexico State
Oakland
Wright State
Illinois-Chicago
Detroit
Oral Roberts
IUPUI
Saint Louis
Green Bay
Eastern Illinois
Youngstown State

St Louis and New Mexico St are former members

Multiple sources confirming that the MVC is making a very hard push for Valpo & Murray State

The Missouri Valley Football Conference is actually a separate entity. It's made up of members of the MVC and Summit conferences. If you're Austin Peay or Eastern IL, why would you want to leave the OVC for a conference that has to piecemeal its football?

I could see a benefit for Oral Roberts. I don't see how a move to the MVC really helps Belmont or St Louis.

MVC football conference has many of same football and basketball teams. SLU makes sense obviously for geography and the annual conference basketball tourney is on their home court every year.

MVC football conference has many of same football and basketball teams. SLU makes sense obviously for geography and the annual conference basketball tourney is on their home court every year.

Yeah, but the A-10 is a better conference. Is the geography worth taking a step down?

VN Store

Back