Florida Hires New Head Coach

Cameron Newbauer formerly of Belmont University in Nashville.

Yes, once again an SEC gets the jump on us on a good coach from basically our on backyard. It wouldn't surprise me to see him do well there why we are stuck with Holly and eventually get another subpar coach. I am sick and tired of UT Athletics!!! Serrano needs to go. Unless Butch makes a run for the SEC East and goes at least 5-1 vs Eastern Division teams with wins definitely over UK, SC, MZ, and VU in 2017, he needs to go. Holly definitely needs to go. When is Currie going to start rattling some cages??? The only coach hired in the last five to six years I believe will do well is Barnes. I believe Barnes will do well here in 2018 or 2019 for a few or several years until he retires. If Currie doesn't do well and Blackburn continues to do good things at UTC or somewhere else, anyone associated with the hiring and firing of UT coaches as well as all the boosters can shove it up their buttholes and move to another country. I am so sick of being mediocre or below average in EVERY SPORT!!! Our lone bright spot has been softball. It hasn't been great, but very good.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Florida athletics have made some very impressive moves for Head Coaches lately. Tennessee needs to take a more aggressive line in developing the athletic programs. New blood is definitely in the need for the University. We are becoming very mediocre and predictable in our hiring. Not sure how long the leash Currie has. He may have to wait for permission from the higher ups for him to make these types of moves.

UCONN - 10 straight FF's. Let that sink in a minute. At one time the LV's were better, then equal, to them. Well done, UTAD. Tank the program and and even try to take away their name. Five years of known incompetence continues after a program decline that actually started as Pat's health declined.

Once again, UF gains the advantage in another sport. The deemphasis of UT sports continues.

Reactions: 2 people
Very solid hire.

WBB is the red headed stepchild of our athletic department, hopefully Coach Newbauer can change that.

UCONN - 10 straight FF's. Let that sink in a minute. At one time the LV's were better, then equal, to them. Well done, UTAD. Tank the program and and even try to take away their name. Five years of known incompetence continues after a program decline that actually started as Pat's health declined.

Once again, UF gains the advantage in another sport. The deemphasis of UT sports continues.

There are many other women's BB programs that used to be able to say that too. Tennessee is not unique in that regard.

Women's BB is a joke.

Yes, once again an SEC gets the jump on us on a good coach from basically our on backyard. It wouldn't surprise me to see him do well there why we are stuck with Holly and eventually get another subpar coach. I am sick and tired of UT Athletics!!! Serrano needs to go. Unless Butch makes a run for the SEC East and goes at least 5-1 vs Eastern Division teams with wins definitely over UK, SC, MZ, and VU in 2017, he needs to go. Holly definitely needs to go. When is Currie going to start rattling some cages??? The only coach hired in the last five to six years I believe will do well is Barnes. I believe Barnes will do well here in 2018 or 2019 for a few or several years until he retires. If Currie doesn't do well and Blackburn continues to do good things at UTC or somewhere else, anyone associated with the hiring and firing of UT coaches as well as all the boosters can shove it up their buttholes and move to another country. I am so sick of being mediocre or below average in EVERY SPORT!!! Our lone bright spot has been softball. It hasn't been great, but very good.

Currie starts April first. calm down.

Reactions: 4 people
absolutely rude....I think I will go over to Gator Sports and see if they have anything brilliant to add over there

Reactions: 1 person
If UT had hired him everyone would be *****ing because we didn't hire a proven winner at the major college level.

Currie starts April first. calm down.

Ain't Jimmy just a Ray of Sunshine....by the way, if the boosters move to another country.........well, you know.

VN Store

Back