WNIT Janna Tucker Scores 22 Points in WIN

T.J.

Congrats to Janna's Villanova team!

If they make it to the Final the game will be televised.

Stay tuned Lady Vol fans.

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/boxscore?gameId=400947317

"Villanova Wins Overtime Thriller at JMU in WNIT Third Round

Villanova trailed 56-52 with 50 seconds remaining in regulation when Wildcat sophomore forward Jannah Tucker drained a three from the top of the key to make it a 56-55 game. After the Wildcats got a defensive stop on the game’s next possession, Wildcat junior guard Alex Louin dribbled the ball up the court and went straight to the basket where she gave Villanova a 57-56 advantage with 14 seconds on the clock with a driving lay-up."

http://www.villanova.com/sports/w-baskbl/recaps/032317aaa.html

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Wasn't Tucker supposed to be a Lady Vol in 2015 out of high school? I never did try to find out what happened as to why she didn't come to UT.

Was it that she changed her mind or grades or what exactly? Thanks in advance for anyone that knows her story. I didn't even know she was at Villanova.

Wasn't Tucker supposed to be a Lady Vol in 2015 out of high school? I never did try to find out what happened as to why she didn't come to UT.

Was it that she changed her mind or grades or what exactly? Thanks in advance for anyone that knows her story. I didn't even know she was at Villanova.

I think this was the girl who was beaten up really bad by her boyfriend. I don't follow the Lady Vols that closely but I think that's why she wasn't able to come here.

I think this was the girl who was beaten up really bad by her boyfriend. I don't follow the Lady Vols that closely but I think that's why she wasn't able to come here.

Beaten and held captive, he hit her knee to keep her from playing. She escaped (managed to call her Mama I think) knee surgery, etc. She did come here but decided she wanted to be closer home. Very understandable. I believe the knee never fully recovered...of course she had been an exceptional athlete and all things are relative. Got a chance to play for Villanova and took it. Holly and the Lady Vols supported her 100% through all this. I met her, and she seemed like a really nice girl. Wish her good luck.

Note: if I'm wrong or anyone knows more, please correct me or add more information.

Reactions: 2 people
Beaten and held captive, he hit her knee to keep her from playing. She escaped (managed to call her Mama I think) knee surgery, etc. She did come here but decided she wanted to be closer home. Very understandable. I believe the knee never fully recovered...of course she had been an exceptional athlete and all things are relative. Got a chance to play for Villanova and took it. Holly and the Lady Vols supported her 100% through all this. I met her, and she seemed like a really nice girl. Wish her good luck.

Note: if I'm wrong or anyone knows more, please correct me or add more information.

Thanks for that information. Much appreciated. :good!:

VN Store

Back