Geno the hard ass...

ocoandasoc

Saw this clip on another coach's web site and thought it was relevant.

https://www.facebook.com/coachlisle/videos/1655466474515056/

“I'd rather lose than watch kids play the way some kids play.”

Can you imagine Holly talking like this? No, neither can I.

I served in the Navy next to Marines and SEALS. We used to joke with them that we regular sailors had to do what we were told, just like them. But we didn't have to act like we enjoyed it like they always did. But maybe that's why, when there was a difficult or critical mission, the brass always sent the Marines or the SEALS... and they always delivered.

I really dont see why there even is a tournament for womens BB at this point. Geno will cruise to yet another championship this year.

Saw this clip on another coach's web site and thought it was relevant.

https://www.facebook.com/coachlisle/videos/1655466474515056/

“I'd rather lose than watch kids play the way some kids play.”

Can you imagine Holly talking like this? No, neither can I.

I served in the Navy next to Marines and SEALS. We used to joke with them that we regular sailors had to do what we were told, just like them. But we didn't have to act like we enjoyed it like they always did. But maybe that's why, when there was a difficult or critical mission, the brass always sent the Marines or the SEALS... and they always delivered.

Those Tennessee players wouldn't play for me! :question:

Geno got his team mentally fit and trained to feel likd they cant be beat. Sure they may lose to Stanford from time to time but that doesnt stop them from voing on another 100+ winning streak.

I spoke to a coach that was an assistant under Pat and with Holly. Pat and Geno are the last of that hard azz breed of coaches. As he said, you didnt want to get "the look" from Pat. Now, coaches have to talk one on one to players on their levels because there are so many choices, good choices, to go. Its not like it was when there was LV, UConn, and the rest.

VN Store

Back