North Carolina State - Kevin Keatts
North Texas - Grant McCasland
South Florida - Brian Gregory
Washington - Mike Hopkins
Arkansas State - Mike Baldo
LSU - Will Wade

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Multiple reports stating IU has offered Steve Alford a 7yr/$31 million deal...not confirmed

Living sadly in the middle of IU Country these idiots are in love with the fact they could get their boy Alford. You can't reason with these people, IU & UK hoop fans are like Bama & UF football fans. Some still think Brad Stevens is gonna leave Boston for this job!

Living sadly in the middle of IU Country these idiots are in love with the fact they could get their boy Alford. You can't reason with these people, IU & UK hoop fans are like Bama & UF football fans. Some still think Brad Stevens is gonna leave Boston for this job!

They should just hire Gregg Marshall, but apparently that makes too much sense. UCLA could get a massive upgrade if they hire Marshall to replace Alford.

They should just hire Gregg Marshall, but apparently that makes too much sense. UCLA could get a massive upgrade if they hire Marshall to replace Alford.

Agreed...funny thing is there was a story about Marshall's wife getting tossed in Indy at the game for screaming and cussing the refs. Local IU fans were posting "This is why we don't want this guy at IU!"....coming from the program that still worships Bobby Knight! :crazy::no:

Reactions: 2 people
UPDATE: HoopDirt.com can confirm an ESPN report that LIU Brooklyn has released head basketball coach Jack Perri. This move comes on the heels of a 20-win season for LIU

The Arkansas State Athletics Department has announced it will hold a 10:00 a.m. (CT) press conference Monday, March 20, announcing Mike Balado as its new head men’s basketball coach.

Koch Brothers money is apparently keeping Marshall at Wichita St.

That guy is an incredible basketball coach and it is amazing he is still at a mid-major.

That guy is an incredible basketball coach and it is amazing he is still at a mid-major.
True dat.

Somebody is gonna have to dig deep $$$ if they want him...it'll likely serve to get him a hefty raise to stay put, though.

Last edited:

Why leave if the $$ is to stay in Wichita? Apparently he LOVES Wichita and has already turned down several "big time" jobs. He has built a elite mid major power house at WS and sounds like they'll be moving to a bigger conference within the next few years. If your happy where you are and I don't see him going broke anytime soon I like he's turning down these P5 offers. :good!:

Why leave if the $$ is to stay in Wichita? Apparently he LOVES Wichita and has already turned down several "big time" jobs. He has built a elite mid major power house at WS and sounds like they'll be moving to a bigger conference within the next few years. If your happy where you are and I don't see him going broke anytime soon I like he's turning down these P5 offers. :good!:

I mean it more in the way of it is amazing that a mid-major has been able to keep him, not that he hasn't left. Admittedly they have deep-pocketed benefactors so it is a unique situation, but still amazing.

I think eventually he'd take a UCLA or Indiana-type job. Beyond money, those are the types of jobs that coaches dream about. But I don't think those schools have really gone after him hard yet

I know Illinois isn't that "elite" job but I did see in a article somewhere that their AD was asked if they offered or talked to Marshall and he said he was told he's not going anywhere, end of story. We all know $$ and dream jobs can change that but we'll see...Kinda like the conference changes domino effect. If Alford leaves that opens up a "elite" job and the dominos start falling

NC State actually did something smart for once and hired a good coach from UNCW. Keats will definitely make them better.

VN Store

Back