Indiana didn’t want to ‘devalue’ its home court by hosting an NIT game

Hoosier_Vol

Vol Stuck in B1G 10 Hell
IU really need to realize their no longer a "banner" or elite program. If the NIT isn't goo enough for a game at home then maybe you should just have declined the invitation. What a joke.

Mark Adams‏ @EnthusiAdams 1h1 hour ago

According to Wash Post: "Indiana didn’t want to ‘devalue’ its home court by hosting an NIT game"

Agreed. They've had a couple of good teams here and there but haven't recovered since the Knight fiasco

Reactions: 1 person
They were runner up in the NIT two seasons before Knight's last championship.

Kind of funny coming from a program that rushed the court after beating UK 5 years ago and put up a plaque celebrating it.

Reactions: 4 people
wonder if the other mid major underachiever Mark Fox will get canned next

IU really need to realize their no longer a "banner" or elite program. If the NIT isn't goo enough for a game at home then maybe you should just have declined the invitation. What a joke.

Mark Adams‏ @EnthusiAdams 1h1 hour ago

According to Wash Post: "Indiana didn’t want to ‘devalue’ its home court by hosting an NIT game"

*They're

That's a major slap in the face to the NIT and all of the people that make the tournament go.... They should have to issue an apology to the NIT.

I'm not defending Indiana but the NIT is ultimately a joke. The NIT is equivalent to bowl games that let 5-7 teams play in them. It's the teams that weren't good enough to qualify for the NCAA tourney.

I'm not defending Indiana but the NIT is ultimately a joke. The NIT is equivalent to bowl games that let 5-7 teams play in them. It's the teams that weren't good enough to qualify for the NCAA tourney.

may be a joke to you, but the NIT has been aroiund for a long, long time....somebody likes it ($$$)

Reactions: 2 people

I get that, but who really cares though? If they want to get together and have a JV tournament and play an extra game or two, who does it really hurt?

I don't disagree, but if that's how they really feel, decline the bid.

The way they've come out makes them sound like they are too good for it, and I hate to break it to them, but they aren't. Right now they are like the actor who won an Oscar 25 years ago who still acts like they are a big star, but everyone else knows they aren't.

More than half get bowl bids. Less than a third get NCAAT and NIT bids.

I get that, but who really cares though? If they want to get together and have a JV tournament and play an extra game or two, who does it really hurt?

I totally agree. I roll my eyes at these folks that say they are too many bowl games.

You might personally not want to watch them. That's OK, don't watch. But some people evidently do want to watch, some buy tickets, and they get title sponsors. Who is it hurting? If you don't want to watch, then just don't watch.

Can anybody give a brief rundown on what exactly has happened at Indiana after Bob Knight? Was Mike Davis just a bad coach? I know that Sampson came along and got them sanctioned, but that was a long time ago. Everybody seems to think Crean wasn't a good Xs and Os coach. What exactly is their excuse as to why they can't be a big time program again? Why can't they attract a big name coach?

Perhaps the shine on their program is a little too strong to begin with. 1971 - 1987 Bob Knight is a lot different than 1988 - 2000 Bob Knight. In fact during his last 5 seasons at Indiana he didn't even make it past the round of 32.

....they are like the actor who won an Oscar 25 years ago who still acts like they are a big star, but everyone else knows they aren't.

Has a familiar ring to it but I just can't place it.. It's right on the tip of my tongue........

The NIT may have history behind it, but it's become a tournament hardly any of the P5 schools really care about. That's become obvious the past few years as the high seeds usually exit very quickly. I don't even know why people act like it's a big deal to lose in the NIT anymore.

The way they've come out makes them sound like they are too good for it, and I hate to break it to them, but they aren't. Right now they are like the actor who won an Oscar 25 years ago who still acts like they are a big star, but everyone else knows they aren't.

Agreed, all those chair scratch marks after they were slung across the floor devalued it more than the NIT would.

VN Store

Back