Illinois coach fired

I could see Zo having some success at Illinois. With him being from the B1G and strong ties to Chicago & St.Louis area

Reactions: 1 person
I could see Zo having some success at Illinois. With him being from the B1G and strong ties to Chicago & St.Louis area

He played at Purdue (over 20 years ago) and was an assistant under Keady from '00-'08 but what highly touted players has he ever signed from either Chicago or St. Louis as a head coach? Definitely not any while he was at Tennessee.

Charlie Moore at Cal is okay... a 5"11 170 lb PG but not great.

Last edited:
Jankovich could be the leading candidate. They also mention Marshall and Bennett but I don't see them leaving Wichita State or Virginia.

I don't see him ending up at Illinois. Maybe NC State.

Or he'll wait on IU or OSU to come open.

Not sure what Indiana is waiting for -- the IU fans want Crean gone asap -- If Illinois doesnt get Miller then maybe Steve Proehm from Iowa St

Marshall is piling up wins in his mediocre conference. I can't see him switching to a Big 10 bottom feeder.

Anyone wanting Marshall will have to bid against the Koch brothers.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/06/18/us/koch-brothers-donate-heavily-in-kansas.html

"I would be hard-pressed to find two things that are more important to this community than Koch Industries and Shocker basketball,” said Gregg Marshall, coach of the Wichita State University men’s team, which packs the arena, a house that Mr. Koch restored with his donations. “They put a nice chunk of change into this building.”

How Koch brother, prominent Wichita State boosters reportedly helped keep Gregg Marshall from Alabama | AL.com

How the Missouri Valley Conference school can afford a contract reported to pay $3 million shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone familiar with the political scene. Wichita is home to the billionaire Koch brothers who are generous with donations come election time.

Charles Koch Ponied Up To Keep Gregg Marshall At Wichita State

Charles—who, along with his brother David, comprise the politically influential and obscenely rich duo in charge of Koch Industries—has financially backed Wichita State for years (the Shockers have played in Charles Koch Arena since 2003). Last December, the Kochs gifted $11.25 million to the school, with $4.5 million going to athletics. He and Marshall reportedly have a yearly meeting to discuss the “state of the program.” (To be clear, Koch is not Wichita State’s athletic director or university president.)

Reactions: 1 person
Lanphier is heading to the State tourney this week-end

saw that 3 A should be a good FF -- wouldnt that kid from Bloomington (Chris Payton) be a great recruit for UT in a couple years - I saw him play as a freshman last year and he was unreal

Hired Brad Underwood

Wow. That's a great hire. I don't understand it from Underwood's perspective though, seems like a step back.

VN Store

Back