Missouri beats Auburn lol

Woof...year 3 and losing to worst team in the league on a day 1 of SECT? Glad he isn't at UT, can you imagine the fan reactions??

Reactions: 9 people
Woof...year 3 and losing to worst team in the league on a day 1 of SECT? Glad he isn't at UT, can you imagine the fan reactions??

Bruce was in the right spot at the right time at UT. IF he didn't lie about a cook-out infraction which isn't illegal any more, I think we'd still be rolling. He elevated expectations and passion for UT mens bball to the point that we've been trying to find someone to win as much as him since he left. He messed up and was made an example of by ncaa and ut scapegoat, where Hamilton was under "lack of institutional control" talk from football as well...while Syracuse stuck by their crook, and got slap on wrist. I wish Burce nothing but the best (except when he plays UT).

Reactions: 7 people
Bruce was in the right spot at the right time at UT. IF he didn't lie about a cook-out infraction which isn't illegal any more, I think we'd still be rolling. He elevated expectations and passion for UT mens bball to the point that we've been trying to find someone to win as much as him since he left. He messed up and was made an example of by ncaa and ut scapegoat, where Hamilton was under "lack of institutional control" talk from football as well...while Syracuse stuck by their crook, and got slap on wrist. I wish Burce nothing but the best (except when he plays UT).

I'm not so sure. Think Pearl captured lightning in a bottle. How much was Bruce and how much his assistants? Look at who's dancing....and it ain't Bruce. Look at the 2007 roster. He inherited Lofton and JaJuan Smith who were key to the success of that season. In hindsight, look at the high profile recruits Pearl signed and how their careers went. Spotty to say the least. Pearl had everything fall in place for him. How much was Bruce and how much timing/luck? Is it Auburn or is it Pearls shortcomings?

Reactions: 2 people
I'm not so sure. Think Pearl captured lightning in a bottle. How much was Bruce and how much his assistants? Look at who's dancing....and it ain't Bruce. Look at the 2007 roster. He inherited Lofton and JaJuan Smith who were key to the success of that season. In hindsight, look at the high profile recruits Pearl signed and how their careers went. Spotty to say the least. Pearl had everything fall in place for him. How much was Bruce and how much timing/luck? Is it Auburn or is it Pearls shortcomings?

Forbes is good, but Tony Jones isn't anything special really.

Reactions: 2 people
Ouch. Auburn just isn't a good fit for Pearl. He needs to be at a program that actually gives two sh*ts about basketball.

I don't know how being the right program comes into play when you have signed the #10 & #15th recruiting classes in consecutive years. The talent is there - the coaching is not.

Ouch. Auburn just isn't a good fit for Pearl. He needs to be at a program that actually gives two sh*ts about basketball.

Reactions: 3 people
Looks like his SECT issues continue. We always had early exits when he was here.

Losing to LSU :blush2: is almost as embarrassing as losing to MO.
So we've got no call to laugh at AUB.

Last edited:

It is Auburn

Most smart basketball people are blaming Bruce's failures at Auburn due to much worse assistant coaches......

Steven Pearl is one of those coaches.

When will Bruce learn? Putting his kid in a spot that he isn't qualified for is not good for him or his team.

According to several on here, it's Year 3 and he isn't going to the NCAAT so he should be fired.

I would give him another year bc he is recruiting so well....if he was recruiting at Zo level then I would fire him after year three...Its really that simple.

VN Store

Back