Boeheim vs The City of Greensboro

VolnJC

Boeheim is such a piece of **** man..he just needs to go away

Adam Zagoria @AdamZagoria
Boeheim on the ACC Tourney:
"There's no value to playing in Greensboro. None."
2:35 PM - 8 Mar 2017 · Brooklyn, NY

City of Greensboro @greensborocity
.@AdamZagoria @ACCSports We kindly disagree. But I guess you can lose in the 1st round anywhere. At least it's a quick ride home.

Jim Boeheim took a shot at Greensboro and the city answered with a haymaker

Reactions: 4 people
I used to live in Greensboro from 2001-03 off of New Garden Rd... It is a great town and basketball crazy. Boeheim is not going to make any friends with this.

He coaches one of the northern most ACC teams. He's coaching now, improving things for Cuse

Greensboro is a s*** hole. Lived there for a few years.

I lived in Hunt's View Apts. off of Battleground Ave for 1 year (2001-02) and Brassfield Apts off of New Garden Rd for another (2002-03) and respectfully disagree. To each his own but I thought it had a nice and clean downtown district and a nice park and obviously a really nice golf course. It also had a lot of nice bars and restaurants. I was pretty much a regular at Cooper's Ale House and Ham's.

A funny story I heard was that the last year before expansion Pitino and Boheim had dinner separately at a very nice place in Manhattan during the Big East Tournament and as Pitino was leaving, Boeheim said "Hope you enjoyed it Rick, next year I'll see you at ****ing Denny's (referencing G-Boro)". Pretty funny IMO. Greensboro is okay, but the ACC has outgrown it. Should Be Atlanta, Charlotte, D.C., and NYC.

Reactions: 1 person
A funny story I heard was that the last year before expansion Pitino and Boheim had dinner separately at a very nice place in Manhattan during the Big East Tournament and as Pitino was leaving, Boeheim said "Hope you enjoyed it Rick, next year I'll see you at ****ing Denny's (referencing G-Boro)". Pretty funny IMO. Greensboro is okay, but the ACC has outgrown it. Should Be Atlanta, Charlotte, D.C., and NYC.

Maybe so but Jim and Rick should remember that they joined the ACC, the ACC did not join them. If your quote is accurate, Boeheim comes across as a snobbish northern interloper... and the Joseph Koury Convention Center is very nice with several nice places to eat on High Point Rd (including a very cool Hooter's :) ).

Reactions: 5 people
Never been to Greensboro but that tweet response back from the city is MONEY!!! Love it! Never been a Boeheim fan and this just adds to the reasons!

Boeheim is a jerk, but I actually thought he was right about this. I don't care either way but I always thought it was interesting the ACC Tourney was in Greensboro rather than a place like Raleigh or Charlotte, or even a place like DC (right in the middle between the northern and southern teams).

I also think that while being one of the game's best coaches, he's also highly overrated.

Boeheim is a jerk, but I actually thought he was right about this. I don't care either way but I always thought it was interesting the ACC Tourney was in Greensboro rather than a place like Raleigh or Charlotte, or even a place like DC (right in the middle between the northern and southern teams).

I also think that while being one of the game's best coaches, he's also highly overrated.

Some of this might have to do with other conferences. I know the B1G tourney is in DC right now.....

Some of this might have to do with other conferences. I know the B1G tourney is in DC right now.....

Didn't realize Big 10 Tourney was in DC...that makes even less sense than ACC Tourney in Greensboro. And next year the Big 10 Tourney is at MSG.

Didn't realize Big 10 Tourney was in DC...that makes even less sense than ACC Tourney in Greensboro. And next year the Big 10 Tourney is at MSG.

Yeah it's stupid! It's part of the deal with Maryland & Rutgers entering the league. Makes no sense, folks in DC and NYC don't care about B1G hoops. It should only be in either Indy or Chicago

I know - even that seems dumb. Why not Charlotte or Raleigh?

I'm guessing because it was the largest city between State, Duke, UNC and Wake back in the days when the ACC only had 8 teams. It probably should be relocated to Charlotte. That would make more sense. Nothing against Greensboro, but it's not Charlotte.

Also, F Roy Williams for legitimizing Boeheim's otherwise overrated coaching resume with his only national title in 2003.

Reactions: 2 people
Boeheim was also a bit too dismissive of North Carolina high school basketball. Lot of talent here.

VN Store

Back