2* Players That Flourish at the Combine

Rivals.com‏Verified account @Rivals

Former unranked & 2-Stars (Like #Mizzou's Charles Harris) kicked butt at #NFLCombine. @RivalsMike's observations: http://rvls.co/ThreePointStance3-7 …
C6VW8PGU8AA80W4.jpg

12:54 PM - 7 Mar 2017

Just goes to show star rankings can sometimes be exactly what it is & that's a number. A lot of recruits are underrated coming out of high school as well. Maybe they were really more like a 3* player & not a 2* player anyhow.

This is why we can't say oh well there we go offering a bunch of 3 star recruits. They may be underrated & they also might be coached up right to become a 4*-5* type player after their 3-4 years in college. Thanks.

Reactions: 1 person
This is why we can't say oh well there we go offering a bunch of 3 star recruits. They may be underrated & they also might be coached up right to become a 4*-5* type player after their 3-4 years in college. Thanks.

The teams loading up on 4 and 5 star players are the ones winning championships. Player evaluation may not be an exact science, meaning that you can't depend on the assessment of each and every individual. But, taken as a whole, it is very dependable.

The teams loading up on 4 and 5 star players are the ones winning championships. Player evaluation may not be an exact science, meaning that you can't depend on the assessment of each and every individual. But, taken as a whole, it is very dependable.

True, but Bama takes a lot of 3* recruits & coaches them up to become solid NFL players. Some even better than their 4* & 5* recruits they signed. The lower rated recruit 3* & below have to have the coaching to make them become players like the example in this thread subject.

Players have to give all they got too but it's mainly coaching that can take a 2*-3* player & make them into stats or superstars. It takes the entire coaching staff too & not just the head coach.

True, but Bama takes a lot of 3* recruits & coaches them up to become solid NFL players. Some even better than their 4* & 5* recruits they signed.

It's certainly happened a few times, but that's the exception rather than the rule.

I really hate hate hate this argument. 99% of the time, the 2 stars are not NFL quality. There's always an exception but in general it doesn't happen. In college you have to have a majority of 4 and 5 stars to be on top.

The combine has very little to do with college results. Several heisman tropy finalist are not even drafted.

I really hate hate hate this argument. 99% of the time, the 2 stars are not NFL quality. There's always an exception but in general it doesn't happen. In college you have to have a majority of 4 and 5 stars to be on top.

My point about this Catbone is for 3* recruit & lower rated ones. They get coached up the RIGHT way & they can become very draftable players just like being a 4*-5* recruit.

That's what I'm trying to get across. Not arguing that when it comes to recruiting we want to get all the 4*-5* ones to be able to compete the best.

Look at our incoming freshmen of a bunch of 3* recruits. A few of them gets coached up the right way & placed in the right positions then they could become an example just like the combine example in this thread. Thanks buddy.

The combine has very little to do with college results. Several heisman tropy finalist are not even drafted.

Good post! :good!:

Seems to me georgia took a lot of 3* recruits and everyone raves about their recruiting... everyone NOT a dawg LoL.

Seems to me georgia took a lot of 3* recruits and everyone raves about their recruiting... everyone NOT a dawg LoL.

UGA only took six 3* recruits for 2017. They had 18 4* recruits for 2017 so they did not get many 3* recruits like we did. Those 18 4*'s is what translated them into a top 3 recruiting class.

Actually your argument isn't all true.

Take your common sense somewhere else

True, but Bama takes a lot of 3* recruits & coaches them up to become solid NFL players.

In 2016, Alabama signed only 5 three star players out of 25 signees. I wouldn't say that is a lot. If you want to see a lot of three star players check out butch's recruiting class.

Is this a serious question?

After all the cheating, lawyers dropping cases, and judges not prosecuting because of the many years Bama 5* players have been in the heat practicing you still only finished 2cd.

I think you all need to take it up a notch and hit opposing players in the knees with bats as they come out of the tunnel.

After all the cheating, lawyers dropping cases, and judges not prosecuting because of the many years Bama 5* players have been in the heat practicing you still only finished 2cd.

I think you all need to take it up a notch and hit opposing players in the knees with bats as they come out of the tunnel.

Then the Vols would be safe, since they never left the locker room on 10/15.

In 2016, Alabama signed only 5 three star players out of 25 signees. I wouldn't say that is a lot. If you want to see a lot of three star players check out butch's recruiting class.

I wasn't at all trying to make it a thing as to how many 3* recruits Bama sign. We know they get mostly 4* & 5* recruits. I was just saying they can take a 3* recruit & coach them into playing like a 4*-5* better than most other schools.

You missed me mentioning our 3* signing class from 2017 which is what I was getting at about getting them coached up to become better players. Thanks!

VN Store

Back