Etsu vs UNC Greensboro

OrngeJuiceJones

Refs are killing ETSU already, Forbes is mad.. Meriwether has two fouls in first 2 mins, both were very weak.

Amazing that UNCG is willing to play so fast on offense right now. It's exactly what etsu wants them to do.

I know I just posted this and I'm talking to myself, but I just can't believe how poorly coached UNCG looks on offense. ETSU is really athletic and affecting them, but everything from the spacing to the cuts looks bad.

I know I just posted this and I'm talking to myself, but I just can't believe how poorly coached UNCG looks on offense. ETSU is really athletic and affecting them, but everything from the spacing to the cuts looks bad.

the scripts have flipped with the halves for sure

Wow... ETSU just saw their life flash before their eyes. That was crazy.

If that had gone down, that may have been the biggest blown lead I've ever seen in 90 seconds.

Wow... ETSU just saw their life flash before their eyes. That was crazy.

If that had gone down, that may have been the biggest blown lead I've ever seen in 90 seconds.

Definitely missed a heartbeat or two with that. Nothing compares to March.

Why? I haven't really seen too many controversial calls.

In the 1st half the refs were calling it for UNCG. I mean it was no doubt. The 2nd half they did better calling it even though. That elbow call on Bradford though was a bad call there towards the end.

My Bucs are going dancing. They will be a fit for whoever they play in the 1st round too. I'd say they will get a #13 seed so taking on a #4 seed.

Your Bucs will probably lose their coach. I've seen his name on a couple lists. I loved the old rivalry with UTC, it was the Duke/UNC of the SoCon. Players like Tim Jennings for ETSU and Brandon Born for UTC.

Your Bucs will probably lose their coach. I've seen his name on a couple lists. I loved the old rivalry with UTC, it was the Duke/UNC of the SoCon. Players like Tim Jennings for ETSU and Brandon Born for UTC.
You mean Keith Russell "Mister" Jennings?

Reactions: 1 person
You mean Keith Russell "Mister" Jennings?

I had a few friends from HS who went to ETSU in the early 90's and they really thought they were the s*** back then when they had Mister Jennings, Calvin Talford, Major Gear... They played Georgia Tech (with Dennis Scott and Kenny Anderson) in the 1st round of the NCAA tournament at TBA in '90 and got run off the floor.

I had a few friends from HS who went to ETSU in the early 90's and they really thought they were the s*** back then when they had Mister Jennings, Calvin Talford, Major Gear... They played Georgia Tech (with Dennis Scott and Kenny Anderson) in the 1st round of the NCAA tournament at TBA in '90 and got run off the floor.

So you just want to skip that they took #1 Oklahoma to the wire, losing by one as a 16 seed, or that they knocked off Arizona a couple years later? Also, your definition of run off the floor is a little generous towards Tech. GT was never in real danger of losing, but they were never in a real spot to take it easy either

Reactions: 2 people
My buddy played in a Rec league in Kingsport and I think Talford and Jennings were on a team. They lost to them by 100 or so. Should have clipped the score out of the sports page.

My buddy played in a Rec league in Kingsport and I think Talford and Jennings were on a team. They lost to them by 100 or so. Should have clipped the score out of the sports page.

I somehow managed to steal the ball from Talford during some drills at one of their camps. A couple hours later when we scrimmaged them, he dunked on me twice, hit a fade away three, and took the ball from me like three times. I'm glad there's no pics of his dunks.

I think Jerry Pelphrey drained roughly 71 threes in seven minutes against us.

I used to play in the Kingsport Rec League myself. Jennings never did play in it but Talford, English, & Story did along with Granville Arnold who played as Sullivan North & then Florida State back in the early 80's.

Also had Corky Blye who was a former star at Dobyns Bennett High School & played small college ball. They were unbeatable. My teams in 10 years never came any closer than 55 points of them. Talford could literally grab a nickel off the top of the backboard.

His vertical had to be over 40" at 6'5" tall to do that. Those ETSU teams back in the late 80-early 90's were something to watch. Top 10 ranking nationally. Don't think we will ever see that again from an ETSU basketball team. Thanks.

So you just want to skip that they took #1 Oklahoma to the wire, losing by one as a 16 seed, or that they knocked off Arizona a couple years later? Also, your definition of run off the floor is a little generous towards Tech. GT was never in real danger of losing, but they were never in a real spot to take it easy either

It was 49-24 at halftime. Lethal Weapon 3 didn't play much at all in the 2nd half. Yeah, they did almost beat Oklahoma with Mookie Blaylock and Stacey King in '89 under Robinson and did beat Arizona in '92 under LeForce (got killed by the Fab 5, though). I just didn't like them because of how much junk my friends were talking back then and how awful we were. If Les Robinson had stayed, they could have become a real force at the mid-major level. They really fizzled out after '93. Les was great at finding late bloomers and diamonds in the rough. Greg Dennis was another.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back