Florida Gators

I was thinking she might be gone could not recruit well enough at a place where it should have been easy. Her teams always played hard but were never talented enough to win in the SEC.

Reactions: 1 person
This is the most interesting part of the article to me.....

New Gators Athletic Director Scott Stricklin has recent experience at hiring a successful coach to build a winning program. At Mississippi State, Stricklin hired Vic Schaefer in 2012 and in his five seasons, Schaefer has the Bulldogs headed back to the NCAA Tournament for a third consecutive season. The Bulldogs were 8-22 in the SEC the two seasons prior to Schaefer's arrival.

New Gators Athletic Director Scott Stricklin has recent experience at hiring a successful coach to build a winning program. At Mississippi State, Stricklin hired Vic Schaefer in 2012 and in his five seasons, Schaefer has the Bulldogs headed back to the NCAA Tournament for a third consecutive season. The Bulldogs were 8-22 in the SEC the two seasons prior to Schaefer's arrival.

Mississippi State has never won the SEC, and has never had a McDonald's All-American.

I was thinking she might be gone could not recruit well enough at a place where it should have been easy. Her teams always played hard but were never talented enough to win in the SEC.

The polar opposite of UT. We recruit well and have the talent to win, but the last few LVs teams don't always play hard.

More than likely, UF will make a stellar hire. Their athletic department is well-run, and most of their sports programs are trending up.

I thought the same thing. Miss St. might need to get out the big checkbook to keep Schaefer from being stolen by Florida.

Sort of the opposite of us, plenty of talent to win but seldom works hard, and is never coached.

Mississippi State has never won the SEC, and has never had a McDonald's All-American.

Seriously? Do you not see the writing on the wall? Look where the program was and where it is now. And having to recruit players to come to Starkville. Talk about a school in the middle of BFE...

If Florida hires him it will be SC vs FL for the next few years. UT is slowly working its way down the SEC hierarchy...

Reactions: 4 people
The polar opposite of UT. We recruit well and have the talent to win, but the last few LVs teams don't always play hard.

More than likely, UF will make a stellar hire. Their athletic department is well-run, and most of their sports programs are trending up.

Before Butler was hired, they offered big money to a couple of "name" coaches that turned them down but got big raises where they were. There was a rumor at the time that they offered Geno as well. They'll throw money at the search and hope they can find someone.

Vic Schaffer is waiting for Gary Blair to retire at A&M. He's an Aggie, born and bred, and I think he'll stay at MSU until that job comes open in a couple of years.

It will be interested to see who ends up there. Women's basketball is literally the only sport at Florida that hasn't had real success. It always ate at Jeremy Foley that he couldn't get that sport to perform like the rest of them.

Reactions: 3 people
...Vic Schaffer is waiting for Gary Blair to retire at A&M. He's an Aggie, born and bred, and I think he'll stay at MSU until that job comes open in a couple of years...

This makes sense to me. Blair's 70 years old, and although I don't know how much longer he'll coach, Vic is about 55 or so he's got another 10 or 12 years to go. I too think it makes sense he will go back to A&M if he goes anywhere at all.

Strickland is a great AD. He will get a good high profile coach just by offering the money I think. They have the money and will most likely will know the name pretty well when we hear who it is.

don't need big money to hire a good coach...just last week someone mentioned the Princeton coach...she is pretty good...I'd give her a shot...jus' sayin'...:)

GO LADY VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

don't need big money to hire a good coach...just last week someone mentioned the Princeton coach...she is pretty good...I'd give her a shot...jus' sayin'...:)

I really was not saying you need big money but the Gators have the money. Whether they use it or not I do not know.

Lane Kiffin looked great on paper.

A couple of names just to throw out...what about the Oregon State coach? West Virginia coach? How about Gail G.? Didn't she leave Duke because there was no support from the AD? Heck, what about Becky Hammond?

Now that the Lady Vols are not dominating the league, I would think more coaches would be interested in coming to the SEC.

Hold on box shafer has 3 five stars on his team wait they have talent maybe not the same accolades but those are 5 star and 4 star recruit in his starting line up exclude dillingham

Hold on box shafer has 3 five stars on his team wait they have talent maybe not the same accolades but those are 5 star and 4 star recruit in his starting line up exclude dillingham

Morgan, Dominique and Breanna were three star players. Okorie was a zero star who had been playing for two years top when she was recruited. Vivians is the only starter who was a top 100 player, with McCowan and Johnson off the bench.

On paper, Vic has a a team of mostly nobodies that are outperforming much more talent laden teams. He's done a phenomenal job coaching them up to their potential.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back