Kim Anderson out at Mizzou

Cuonzo Martin is being considered.

He is currently under contract at Cal through the 2020-21 season. I have no idea what the buyout would be. It doesn't look like Cal will make the NCAA tournament. Lunardi has them in the next 4 out column. I think Cuonzo would be a hard sell to a fan base which thinks very highly of themselves.

Needs to get out of Cal before they figure out how bad he really is

Reactions: 3 people
Needs to get out of Cal before they figure out how bad he really is

They already have a clue. Assuming Ivan Rabb opts for the draft they don't have much coming back next year. Jabari Bird and Grant Mullins are seniors. They had a very talented team last year with Jaylen Brown to bow out of the dance in the 1st round.

They already have a clue. Assuming Ivan Rabb opts for the draft they don't have much coming back next year. Jabari Bird and Grant Mullins are seniors. They had a very talented team last year with Jaylen Brown to bow out of the dance in the 1st round.

One of his best players was hurt right before the tourney...trust me I remember because I picked them in the sweet 16 in my bracket

I love how UT was criticized for running off a "successful" head coach, calling us racists for not giving a black man a fair shot. Yet, not a peep from those same people over the past 3 years as he still massively underperforms with pretty good talent. Newsflash race-baiters: he wasn't wanted here because he sucks, not because he's black.

Reactions: 12 people
Not really we had the players they just decided to not come here once he left...FSU, Virginia, and Xavier got some good players that were at Tennessee or heading to Tennessee

What are you talking about?

D. Thompson averaged 5.9 points his senior year at Virginia

P Cofer averaged 3 ppl this past season at Florida state

L. Austin jr averaged 1.9 ppl at Xavier before transferring and sitting out this last season at vandy.

You have really low expectations if these are considered PLAYERS

Reactions: 2 people
What are you talking about?

D. Thompson averaged 5.9 points his senior year at Virginia

P Cofer averaged 3 ppl this past season at Florida state

L. Austin jr averaged 1.9 ppl at Xavier before transferring and sitting out this last season at vandy.

You have really low expectations if these are considered PLAYERS

thats not me you quoted --- something isn't right with the quoting on this thread

Cuonzo is in a good place. They really don't care that much about sports in Berkley. They know their place should be below UCLA, Arizona, Oregon and probably a few other PAC12 teams. He couldn't handle the pressure in Knoxville. He doesn't have that in that area.

I don't think that Cuonzo is a bad coach. He was just inexperienced enough while at TN. If he had embraced the job, he could have built a solid program at UT. But man his teams were boring and so was he. Bad timing. Had he been older, he would have been a good fit at UT if he had followed Devoe or O'Neill or Green or Tyndall.

Is Kim the women's basketball coach? How long was she there?

Personally I think Cuonzo is better suited for pro players. He doesn't chew butts and doesn't get technicals. NBA players don't take butt chewings where in college they have to take it. Cuonzo could coach in NBDL imo. Better fit than any university.

I love how UT was criticized for running off a "successful" head coach, calling us racists for not giving a black man a fair shot. Yet, not a peep from those same people over the past 3 years as he still massively underperforms with pretty good talent. Newsflash race-baiters: he wasn't wanted here because he sucks, not because he's black.

race cards dont come in the color suck, that's why they use it

Edit:quote was off and another user better illustrated my thought. Cuonzo left a dumpster fire besides J Rich and maybe Armani.

Edit:quote was off and another user better illustrated my thought. Cuonzo left a dumpster fire besides J Rich and maybe Armani.

Josh Richardson: 2015 1st team All-SEC, SEC All-Defensive team, and Defensive All-American

Armani Moore: 2016 Honorable Mention All-SEC

Robert Hubbs: 2017 2nd team All-SEC

Those are 3 of the 4 guys remaining when he left. Stokes went pro, guys transferred, and Tyndall either ran off or didn't pursue the committed recruits. Zo didn't leave the cupboard bare of talent. I may not agree with the method in which he bolted, but he left behind some key pieces.

On the Paul Finebaum show just now, they are talking to Dave Matter of the St. Louis Post Dispatch about the Missouri job and Tom Crean of Indiana is a name being mentioned.

VN Store

Back