Texas Finishes Last in the Big-12

VolnJC

4-14 in the league, 10-21 overall, and 0-11 on the road. I know that Shaka has a good class coming in but you have to think he has to be feeling some heat down there.

4-14 in the league, 10-21 overall, and 0-11 on the road. I know that Shaka has a good class coming in but you have to think he has to be feeling some heat down there.

Smart will be OK once he gets his type of players.

The question is do highly rated players want to play that type of basketball every game?

I know this is easier to say now that Shaka has had 2 underwhelming years at Texas, but I've thought for a while that he was overrated.

People remember his Final Four appearance in 2011 and became really enamored with him after that, and for good reason, but since then he never made it beyond the Round of 32. VCU arguably wasn't even the best team in the A10 in any single year since they entered that conference, although they did get hot and win their conference tourney his last year at VCU.

I agree - he needs to get his type of players, but you'd like to see at least some kind of incremental improvement over last year. They appear to have taken a big step backward.

Reactions: 1 person
There are some raised eyebrows and grumbling, but that's about it.

Smart did well in his first season and Texas is a football school just like us.

Texas is a football school, problem is their football program sucks too

Looking back at their past seasons, I had forgotten how great they had it there in the mid-2000s. They had a football national title with Vince Young and another national title appearance, and at the same time Barnes was winning conference regular season titles with guys like T.J. Ford, Kevin Durant, and D.J. Augustin.

VN Store

Back